Hate to say it jeep but for the posters that said its time to move on to another phone are correct. It is pretty much luck of the draw when getting a fully functional Storm. Shouldn't be that way, but it is. Its sad too because the device's potential is endless. But by the time they finally tap into it, they'll have 3 new BBs available. 1 probably being the Storm/Bold hybrid. Another probably being the Storm 2. Who knows.

Sorry for your troubles buddy. But its time to say enough is enough.

For the rest of you that said anything other than what I stated earlier, shame on you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for the advice. I actually moved on last night...sold my Storm and bought an Iphone last night...I know it's not everyone's favorite...but I do work for a company that doesn't allow BB's and the last couple of months with Astrasync have been rough. For those that say the Iphone is a kids toy...not true when properly integrated with Exchange...it's actually great.
    02-11-09 07:22 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I actually moved on last night...sold my Storm and bought an Iphone last night...I know it's not everyone's favorite...but I do work for a company that doesn't allow BB's and the last couple of months with Astrasync have been rough. For those that say the Iphone is a kids toy...not true when properly integrated with Exchange...it's actually great.
    I think they mean that the OS is so fluid, intuitive, and polished a kid could use it.

I'd instantly switch to the iPhone (or at least very seriously consider doing so) if it were ever available on Verizon. Even if it meant giving up my Storm.
    02-11-09 07:32 PM
    I think they mean that the OS is so fluid, intuitive, and polished a kid could use it.

I'd instantly switch to the iPhone (or at least very seriously consider doing so) if it were ever available on Verizon. Even if it meant giving up my Storm.
    I am extremely happy with my decision. LOL...the one thing I keep doing is trying to click through it....not a big deal..just funny.

If you have to Activesync for corporate e-mail...this thing blows the doors off of anything WinMo offers...which is just that much more sad.

My wife loves her Curve...which seems to be the general concensus....but the Storm...I just could not take any more of the frustrations.
    02-11-09 07:45 PM
    Awesome. I hope it works out for you jeep... Nobody can't say you didn't give it a fair shake, and re-shake.. and tumble... and throw...

... For those that say the Iphone is a kids toy...not true when properly integrated with Exchange...it's actually great.
    I've tried (and failed) to make this point several times. I work with surgeons, CCU docs and neurologists that won't give up their iPhones for anything.

The idea that we all wouldn't want a polished OS is... well, it would be rude to say what it is. The OS should be the most invisible part of a productivity tool... The fact that the OS is the central character in the Storm Saga tells almost the whole story in a nutshell...
    02-11-09 08:28 PM
    Jeep how much did you get for selling it?

Check out the iPhone section and look for the thread iTag Live. I just posted it today (its at the top)

Anyway a friend of mine is a developer and is going to be launching that app/game. If you like paintball you'll love the game. You can play with up to 8 people anywhere. Throw frags and things it will be cool. Check it out.

02-11-09 10:05 PM
    I just sold it for $200 (What I paid) to a friend at work. I just wanted enough to buy the new phone.

I will definitely check out that game. My wife's company is in the App game...have one I can't talk about but its big.
    02-11-09 10:34 PM
    I feel your pain too...People on here are so into justifications..its unreal.I moved over from a Treo 700p which was a constant battle with freeze ups...but everything else worked well within the realms of that outdated OS..i was ready to chuck this Storm but the constant promise of a new OS and an inherent wish on my part to really give this phone a chance. i lost it the other day when i took a video clip..then when tried playing it..it said unrecognized format..cannot be played..WTF?? if it cant recognize its own recording format what does it recognize? THis phone is Bells and whistles which dont make any noise..unless you are a Crackhead then your life revolves around these threads and the latest leaks..which are nothing but RIMs way of making you guys do their dirty work while they keep you quiet and engaged...sorry for the rant..do hope this phone straightens itself out..iam stuck with it just like the rest of you are.
    02-12-09 02:27 AM
    I feel your pain too...People on here are so into justifications..its unreal.
    Maybe that's because a lot of people on here aren't seeing the problems he is? I'm not going to deny that he's having problems. I'm not even going to deny that he should have gotten rid of the Storm. If I was having the problems he experienced, I wouldn't have lasted as long as he did. But I'm simply not having problems that severe. So does that mean I can never say anything good about the Storm? It sure seems that way.

It's funny that the OP mentioned not being able to answer a call on his Storm as being one of the issues that put him over the top, and has now moved on to the iPhone. I had the exact same thing happen with my iPhone, which helped convince me to get the Storm. The phone rang, I pulled it out of my pocket, slid the on-screen slider to answer, and nothing happened. The slider just bounced back to the beginning. So I had to wait for the phone to stop ringing, unlock it, and then call the person back. Really reliable.

The iPhone is buggy too, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar. And AT&T's 3G network, at least in my area, is just awful. AWFUL. So my choice was between a buggy iPhone on an awful network, or a buggy Storm on a great network. I chose the Storm, and I don't regret it.
    02-12-09 03:10 AM
    No problems here either with .75

Even video recording from Day 1 has been solid
    02-12-09 03:54 AM
    Maybe that's because a lot of people on here aren't seeing the problems he is? I'm not going to deny that he's having problems. I'm not even going to deny that he should have gotten rid of the Storm. If I was having the problems he experienced, I wouldn't have lasted as long as he did. But I'm simply not having problems that severe. So does that mean I can never say anything good about the Storm? It sure seems that way.

It's funny that the OP mentioned not being able to answer a call on his Storm as being one of the issues that put him over the top, and has now moved on to the iPhone. I had the exact same thing happen with my iPhone, which helped convince me to get the Storm. The phone rang, I pulled it out of my pocket, slid the on-screen slider to answer, and nothing happened. The slider just bounced back to the beginning. So I had to wait for the phone to stop ringing, unlock it, and then call the person back. Really reliable.

The iPhone is buggy too, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar. And AT&T's 3G network, at least in my area, is just awful. AWFUL. So my choice was between a buggy iPhone on an awful network, or a buggy Storm on a great network. I chose the Storm, and I don't regret it.
    I was skeptical of AT&T as well...why wouldn't I be with everything I have heard? This is also my first experience with GSM. I haven't had any problems so far...in fact I haven't dropped a bar yet...let alone a call....but I also live in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago so maybe I am just reaping the benefits of a large Metro area. The corporate Exchange integration is just 10 times better than I anticipated...down to my RSS feeds I have setup in outlook showing up. I am sure I would have really enjoyed something like BES...but that is just not an option with my company.

I am sure by now most of you guys have upgraded to .103, how is it? did they fix any scrolling or anything? The guy who bought my phone is thinking of upgrading to it...but he is such a noob that if it is not that big of leap I will tell him to hold off.
    02-12-09 05:15 AM
    Fixed the music issue thank god lol there were a few improvements to the phone speed and reliability wise.

Oh an jeep you'll drop a call eventually...its in the phones nature
    My friends have the same issue of having the phone ring with nothing being displayed

02-12-09 08:14 AM
    I am sure by now most of you guys have upgraded to .103, how is it? did they fix any scrolling or anything? The guy who bought my phone is thinking of upgrading to it...but he is such a noob that if it is not that big of leap I will tell him to hold off.
    .103 is working great! pretty much all the interface functions (scrolling, screen changes, meus) are smoother than .99 and slightly faster. reliability was good for me on .99 and .103 has only been out for a day so no definitive feedback yet. you may have given up too soon.

you should definitely point your noob friend to this forum so he can get input on how to avoid the issues you had. it would be interesting to see if a different user with the same device has the same issues. of course, just your luck, he'll upgrade to .103 and have none of the issues you had. lol

enjoy your iphone. btw how would you compare activesync to BES integration? i don't think i could live without push email and wireless sync for all my outlook stuff.
    02-12-09 09:23 AM
    I was skeptical of AT&T as well...why wouldn't I be with everything I have heard? This is also my first experience with GSM. I haven't had any problems so far...in fact I haven't dropped a bar yet...let alone a call....but I also live in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago so maybe I am just reaping the benefits of a large Metro area. The corporate Exchange integration is just 10 times better than I anticipated...down to my RSS feeds I have setup in outlook showing up. I am sure I would have really enjoyed something like BES...but that is just not an option with my company.

Good for you - if you make 99% of your calls from your "home" area and you have good coverage, you are lucky. ATT's service seems to be hit-or-miss more than VZW or Sprint (IMO, as I have researched on many forums). I live in Austin TX and we are SUPPOSED to have great 3g coverage, but that is not the case even 5 miles away. I tried the Storm but did not like the phone quality of the hardware, not the network. That experience was just the opposite when I tried the iPhone. So, I am still with Sprint now waiting on the Pre.
    02-12-09 09:56 AM
    Ok. I have to post because this is so ridiculous. To the people blindly defending the storm. Drop your agenda. You are as clueless, persistent, and blind as the general masses in this country who blindly support Obama despite his failing to bring any change what so ever.

Do you really think people are just making this up. First off, I hate the i-phone. The people alone that use it makes it impossible for me to take it even remotely seriously in a business situation. What that said. How in the **** does anyone think this is suitable for business? Maybe if you are 5' tall and you have the hands of a small child. This phone has gotten progressively worse. It thinks all of the time. Sometimes it will work great all day. Then the next day it doesn't work. I bought my gf one when I purchased mine. Same issues. Everyone I know has issues with them, some more prominent than others, THe point is, there ARE problems with this phone. Forget the i-phone. Keep that ferry phone and (excuse me for this) screw Steve Jobs. He is a dirtbag. As CEO of a PUBLIC company it is his duty to keep the interest of shareholders a priority. By keeping his illness silent and secret from investors he has prevented investors from acting in their own interest. But enough about apple and their artsy-fartsy products (i do own i-pod, wouldnt have it any other way).

THis phone, in its current state, is a POS. Yes. a Pee-oh-ess. Then RIM CEO has the nerve to tell us to deal with it??? Excuse me? Deal with it? I am not a beta tester. I am not paid to test for this company. I do not have the time or patience to work these bugs out. I would have waited but unfortunately verizon doesn't offer any other phones worth looking at. Palm fell of and basically abandoned Verizon so there are no options there. The storm cannot browse effectively without a stylus unfortunately. Highlighting specifics and other things are nearly impossible and very time consuming/cumbersome. I could go on and on. I understand the business prospective on it and why they released it prematurely. If any of you think RIM was not aware this phone was not ready for release please do not pass go, do not collect $200. You FAIL. The released it so they could boost profits before the end of the year as well as cash in on Christmas sales. Regardless. The phone should not have been released until it at least could make and receive calls flawlessly. I would not trust this phone in an emergency situation. With that said, I feel better after my rant. Quit taking rants so personally. THis is the internet, and this is where we come to complain. No one is forcing you to read this. No one is screaming in your ear. So STFU, and let's all get a long
    02-12-09 10:29 AM
    palmberry - you made my LOL on that one.

BTW - as I understand it from the rumor/VZW insider mill - it was VZW that turned its back on Palm because of the 700x fiasco. But they do carry the Centro!
    02-12-09 10:48 AM
    someone page the nurse, methinks palmberry needs his depends changed. maybe after he gets a clean pair and some jello he'll be in a better mood.
    02-12-09 11:02 AM
    where did i put my violin so i can play some sad music for him
    02-12-09 12:07 PM
    I haven't had any problems so far...in fact I haven't dropped a bar yet...let alone a call....but I also live in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago so maybe I am just reaping the benefits of a large Metro area.
    I live in the Detroit suburbs, and my problems were never related to the signal itself. I always had a pretty good signal on my phone with AT&T. But there was one day where I simply could not receive phone calls or texts. I could call people, and send texts, so I had no idea that my phone wasn't working until I called someone who I had been expecting a call from, and they told me they had been calling and texting me for 45 minutes. I thought it was just my phone, so I went to the Apple store. Turns out it was a 3G network problem, and I ended up having to turn off 3G for a week in order to use my phone. It was affecting every AT&T 3G customer in my area, and it still took those morons a week to fix the problem. That was the last straw for me.
    02-12-09 02:05 PM
    I have to agree with the person who said it really is unacceptable to sit back and "hang in there" to truly enjoy the phone. I never hated a phone, until I used the storm. On the opposite side of the coin, I never loved a phone as much as I do my bold.

02-12-09 03:36 PM
    Regardless. The phone should not have been released until it at least could make and receive calls flawlessly. I would not trust this phone in an emergency situation.
    I don't know what phone you purchased, mine works perfectly for calls.

In fact, 7 days before my 30 day test drive was up, I unfortunately was involved in an incident where I had to call 911 quite a few times in the span of an hour (reassuring to know that if I had collided and split my head wide open, the cops would've taken more than an hour to come rescue me.........) and the phone held up beautifully.

I trust it, and from that moment, I knew there was no chance I'd return it.
    02-12-09 03:37 PM
    If you need it for corporate email.. Definately go with the Curve its a sound device and works flawlessly I had that before my storm and i absolutely loved it. Of course now i do love my storm but i think the storm is one of those phones you either love or hate. It might just not be the device for you. For stability and performance that will be there when you need it.. Curve.
    02-12-09 03:45 PM
    For stability and performance that will be there when you need it.. Curve.
    Can't argue with that. You also can't argue it appears horribly outdated after using the Storm.
    02-12-09 03:55 PM
    Ok. I have to post because this is so ridiculous. To the people blindly defending the storm. Drop your agenda. You are as clueless, persistent, and blind as the general masses in this country who blindly support Obama despite his failing to bring any change what so ever.

Do you really think people are just making this up. First off, I hate the i-phone. The people alone that use it makes it impossible for me to take it even remotely seriously in a business situation. What that said. How in the **** does anyone think this is suitable for business? Maybe if you are 5' tall and you have the hands of a small child. This phone has gotten progressively worse. It thinks all of the time. Sometimes it will work great all day. Then the next day it doesn't work. I bought my gf one when I purchased mine. Same issues. Everyone I know has issues with them, some more prominent than others, THe point is, there ARE problems with this phone. Forget the i-phone. Keep that ferry phone and (excuse me for this) screw Steve Jobs. He is a dirtbag. As CEO of a PUBLIC company it is his duty to keep the interest of shareholders a priority. By keeping his illness silent and secret from investors he has prevented investors from acting in their own interest. But enough about apple and their artsy-fartsy products (i do own i-pod, wouldnt have it any other way).

THis phone, in its current state, is a POS. Yes. a Pee-oh-ess. Then RIM CEO has the nerve to tell us to deal with it??? Excuse me? Deal with it? I am not a beta tester. I am not paid to test for this company. I do not have the time or patience to work these bugs out. I would have waited but unfortunately verizon doesn't offer any other phones worth looking at. Palm fell of and basically abandoned Verizon so there are no options there. The storm cannot browse effectively without a stylus unfortunately. Highlighting specifics and other things are nearly impossible and very time consuming/cumbersome. I could go on and on. I understand the business prospective on it and why they released it prematurely. If any of you think RIM was not aware this phone was not ready for release please do not pass go, do not collect $200. You FAIL. The released it so they could boost profits before the end of the year as well as cash in on Christmas sales. Regardless. The phone should not have been released until it at least could make and receive calls flawlessly. I would not trust this phone in an emergency situation. With that said, I feel better after my rant. Quit taking rants so personally. THis is the internet, and this is where we come to complain. No one is forcing you to read this. No one is screaming in your ear. So STFU, and let's all get a long
    This post = Gold. Exactly what ive been trying to express the entire time, except this is put into one quick coherent post.
    02-12-09 09:08 PM
    quick coherent post.
    You're kidding, right? There was nothing quick or particularly coherent about the diatribe you quoted.
    02-12-09 10:05 PM

The only thing clear here is:
    1. He is a Republican (save politcal snipes for forums on politics)
    2. He dislikes Apple as a company
    3. He prolly has never purchased a phone until it was a year old

The first 2 should be blatantly obvious. The last one...

Orange pulled the Bold once and considered permanently shelving iut for issues.

The massive primary complaint about the iPhone 3G was its inability to to reliably maintain a network connection and dropped calls (which still plague it)

LG... pick a phone. Even the Dare, a dumb phone, was pooched at release (and still may be).

Samsung Instinct: Issues

G1: *chuckle* has issues.

And on and on and on and on...
    The CEO of RIM openly stated something that has been accepted for anything software driven for almost 2 decades. Moronic? Definately, but he didn't lie a single bit.

If you feel the phone is too unreliable, by all means get one you feel is. People keep saying the Curve is rock solid. After 2 years, I'd hope so.
    02-12-09 10:23 PM
104 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD