I'm just sticking with .75 had two random reboots for whatever reason but no disappearing play lists lag in the answer screen but not the hardware. My storm is working like a champ. I'm waiting for the next official is as the beta out right now and I'm to lazy to try the hybrid. I'm pretty sure new official OS is arriving anytime now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 10:04 PM
    Umm...you did read my whole post...they are having a hard time putting performance enhancements together let alone UI tweaks. There is nothing out there in the form of customized enhancements either.

I had WinMo...but I was able to make what I wanted out of it...not that it is any sort of thing to brag about but at least I was able to do something with it.
    Umm..I did quote your post so yeah I read it and I stand by my statement that what you said made little to no sense. You didn't say in your post "they are having a hard time putting performance enhancements together let alone UI tweaks. " so you might want to re-read what you actually wrote since ya know..I did quote it and all.

Our phone is pretty customizeable to be honest, especially compared to an iphone. Maybe not AS custamizeable as a winmo phone but if thats what you want you can easily have a winmo phone as VZW has no shortage of those. The problem you are referring to is the phone is brand new so there arent any customized themes out for it yet. These will OBVIOUSLY be out soon when all the developers have the tools they need. Just be thankful you dont have to jailbreak your phone to install a theme and be patient and UI improvements will be abundant in no time. They are focused on OS improvements right now and it will get better. If you expected it to be perfect out the gate unfortunately phone companies aren't doing that nowadays. They want to get the phone out ASAP and then work on updates to make it work as intended...like it or not thats how it is. If you can't deal with it there is nothing stopping you from downgrading to an older phone. You could easily sell yours on E-bay to cover the cost of a used winmo phone or curve etc.

This has been said millions of times but in the grand scheme of things our phone has not been out long..we have had plenty of progress on it and our app store will be out soon..compare that to the iphones app store and also remember that even the iphone needed updates (1 just came out a week ago that is supposed to improve the constantly crashing browser).
    02-08-09 10:19 PM
    The Storm is junk. Period.

02-08-09 10:33 PM
    Heyya Jeep. I was dealing with some issues as well but just got tired of the overall sluggishness of the phone. I use mine for work and it just did not cut it. I'm not sure how far along you are but you may want to think about returning it. I returned mine a few days ago after 16 days of use (ran .75)

There is a hardware "problem" with the phone that I don't think can be overcome. You sound, understandably, pretty frustrated. Take is slow.

02-08-09 10:49 PM
    No seriously.. so was everything Jeep experienced user error?

And as he predicted, he was met with the usual helpless SALS (not my term) responses ranging from the obvious, "never happened to me," to the plebian, "If you don't like it, return it."

With as much lust as most owners have for the thing because it simply is the newest, snazziest shiz BB makes ... you'd think you'd be more understanding of the frustrations of a like-minded fellow who really WANTS to have a Storm, but is tired of its many (un-experienced by you) bugs...

Ya ya.. spare me the, "you don't own one comments." We all know where each of us stands... I'm just trying to point out as always that... the problems are REAL, the problems are PERVASIVE and it is NOT acceptable to just sit back and say, "It will get better, I just know it."

That said... when your frustration reaches this level... it probably IS time to take it back Jeep.
    02-08-09 10:52 PM
    My friend has since told me they took the Storm off the list of phones available to employees. They made those with the phone exchange them out.

Not sure if this is a wide spread problem but I thought I would share it.

02-08-09 11:08 PM
    I love my blackberry and all, but if you want a touch screen device, get an iPhone
    02-08-09 11:19 PM
    I think the bottom line is that this phone was released too soon. It should have been released with at least .99 from the get go. In saying that, the phone is still a pretty awesome phone! Yeah, I actually believe that Blackberry sold a million of these phones. I also believe that the return ratio is higher then I first wanted to admit. The little things that the Verizon reps are throwing out at me are starting to add up. Even with all of the above said, I will more then likely go back to it once all of the major bugs are fixed. That is a big "if". My gut feeling is that they will fix it.

I think that Verizon and Rim have their backs up against the wall right now because of the rumored release of a Bold type of phone or curve like the 8900. I think that RIM will be kicking themselves hard when they release these phones because they will certainly impact the Storm sales. All the money spent on adverstising will have been wasted because I will assume that many blackberry users will go these phones and dump the Storms. I hope I am wrong.

Anyways, it's nice to be back on my Curve but I do miss the screen of the Storm.

ferniesp
    02-09-09 12:10 AM
    So...I have not been kind to this phone for the better part of month at this point....but tonight....I have had it!

I was at the gym and had to stop by my favorite chicagoland Wal-Mart and I received a phone call....hit both the on-screen and hardware answer button and none of them worked. After I missed the phone call I tried to call back and got the ever present "Hour Glass" feature....2 battery pulls later (VSOD) in between....I decided to call VZW...but I got the Hour Glass for the next 3 minutes while I was driving so I could perform another battery pull.

What in the world is wrong with this phone? I have slacker installed and that is it. I am on what the Crackberry Storm A$$ licking society calls a sound OS in .99.

I was already hot because my "Gym" Playlist magically disappeared today...and now this.

If the phone can't perform a majority of the functions bragged about and is now having problems making phone calls...what exactly are getting?

What an awful...awful phone....but hey...at least if I could actually use it as a phone...it is connected to the network....and my god at least it clicks when the OS doesn't respond.
    Chitown, whaaaaat? I lived in Naperville for about 8 years.

Anyways, I've had .99 loaded since it dropped. I had no problems UNTIL I downloaded Slacker. Then it started acing really bad. So, I deleted Crapper Radio, and poof! No more problems.

Idk?

You may just wanna drop it and wait til May. Niagra time! I'm gonna get one just because. I doubt it will have as many problems since the 9000 series will have about 7-8 months out by then.....
    02-09-09 04:20 AM
    My friend has since told me they took the Storm off the list of phones available to employees. They made those with the phone exchange them out.

Not sure if this is a wide spread problem but I thought I would share it.

Yeah. Down here in Texas one of the employees was telling me about it. He said it would be 2 years before he could have it.
    02-09-09 04:21 AM
    I am just stunned by the responses you get from the RIM apologists on here. For the most part the comments have made for good discussion....other's have made for disgust.

Do you really think that if I didn't want this phone to work I would still have it....this is my 3rd Storm already. I just can't get over the gigantic mess this thing has been.
    Last edited by Jeep14; 02-09-09 at 04:50 AM.
    02-09-09 04:47 AM
    I hate to say it.

But if you've been thru 3 Storms and all 3 have been faulty, user error is the only common link between all 3.
    02-09-09 05:06 AM
    I am just stunned by the responses you get from the RIM apologists on here. For the most part the comments have made for good discussion....other's have made for disgust.

Do you really think that if I didn't want this phone to work I would still have it....this is my 3rd Storm already. I just can't get over the gigantic mess this thing has been.
    True, but there are only two options.

1. Wait until the OS bugs are fixed. Whether anyone likes them or not is irrelevant. They exsist and ONLY new software will fix them.

2. Get a different device.

Not trying to be a tool, but it's the only two options. Like I said, the Niagra is gonna be pretty sick.
    02-09-09 05:16 AM
    I hate to say it.

But if you've been thru 3 Storms and all 3 have been faulty, user error is the only common link between all 3.
    User Error? I have been through the WinMo gauntlet...I know how important it is to shut programs down when I am done and not have them all open at once. I am not a newbie when it comes to this stuff...I know what I am doing.
    02-09-09 05:20 AM
    User Error? I have been through the WinMo gauntlet...I know how important it is to shut programs down when I am done and not have them all open at once. I am not a newbie when it comes to this stuff...I know what I am doing.
    Hmm, where did you get your replacements? Try another store, try doing it over the phone, heck, try a refurb. Clearly, the old method isn't working.
    02-09-09 05:26 AM
    Hmm, where did you get your replacements? Try another store, try doing it over the phone, heck, try a refurb. Clearly, the old method isn't working.
    But, it depends on WHY he returned them. Charging issues? Screen dust? (I didn't believe in screen dust until last weekend......I saw it.)

I mean, obviously a charging issue or dust issues have NOTHING to do with user error.

There's a dude on CB on his 7th Storm, all of which are dust issue related replacements. It's up to the individual consumer to decide what defects he will or won't live with.
    02-09-09 05:50 AM
    first was the bad click screen issue, the second was a charging issue and click screen/no screen response.
    02-09-09 06:47 AM
    I'm running .75 without any known issues. But everyone has their own pet peeves about any technology they are using. Only complaint I have is like you said, answering a call can be a pain off the touch screen. Hopefully you get things worked out.
    02-09-09 06:56 AM
    Well that tells me that the user error claim, or the claim that a Verizon location has a pile of defective Storms are ridiculous.

The fact is, that there ARE defective Storms. Period. This is NON negotiable. Screen click, charging, and screen dust are three HARDWARE issues. The OS is also still laggy.

Flame on.

Before I'm called a troll, know this. I OWN 4 Storms. Well, one's my wife's.

What I'm getting at is this. Jeep, considering the hardware issues and software issues, you may want to consider a different device until the problems are sorted out........
    02-09-09 07:01 AM
    O.K....here's the deal...Are/were there issues with this phone...yes...Will they be fixed...probably...If you've had 7 different storms...it's that you either don't know what your doing, or you're the unluckiest person alive...I sell Verizon...I've sold 20-25 storms, and 2 have come back, (we're a small store, and I'm in charge of inventory, so I know EVERYTHING that comes and goes)...1 because the person just didn't like the fact that you had to pay for VZNAV, and the other came back because of a "speaker" issue that was later to be found out that it was User Error. **** even if you've had 3 of them yer pretty damn unlucky.

To be honest with ya we get a MUCH higher return percentage on most "dumb" phones then we do on any BB including the storm.....Just my experience, but a lot of people are just believing what people say....People usually don't put up a post "I love this phone", or seek out places to say that they are having no problems with their phones, but people do seek out places to ***** and moan about their phones!
    02-09-09 08:09 AM
    from what ive gathered it really seems based on luck. Which is a shame because this phone has so much potential. im fortunate enough to have a good working phone. im running .90 and its pretty much flawless. .99 was horrible for me so i went back to .90. i understand where youre coming from about needing a dependable phone and forget about those saying the whole early adopter thing... yeah we are, but we should still have a semi-decent device consistently around, not one here and there. but i guess maybe my advice would maybe go for a 4th replacement? maybe youll luck out and get a good one... otherwise maybe wait for the bold to come to vzw? whatever you do, good luck
    02-09-09 08:21 AM
    WOW... kinda glad I did get the Storm yet... I'm hearing too many horror stories.
    02-09-09 08:22 AM
    O.K....here's the deal...Are/were there issues with this phone...yes...Will they be fixed...probably...If you've had 7 different storms...it's that you either don't know what your doing, or you're the unluckiest person alive...I sell Verizon...I've sold 20-25 storms, and 2 have come back, (we're a small store, and I'm in charge of inventory, so I know EVERYTHING that comes and goes)...1 because the person just didn't like the fact that you had to pay for VZNAV, and the other came back because of a "speaker" issue that was later to be found out that it was User Error. **** even if you've had 3 of them yer pretty damn unlucky.

To be honest with ya we get a MUCH higher return percentage on most "dumb" phones then we do on any BB including the storm.....Just my experience, but a lot of people are just believing what people say....People usually don't put up a post "I love this phone", or seek out places to say that they are having no problems with their phones, but people do seek out places to ***** and moan about their phones!
    Lame attempt at saving face.

1. You DON'T know "everything" about returned phones. How do you know if a return happened over the phone? Well, that's simple. You don't.

2. A customer complained of "having to pay for VZNAV?" Wow. You sound to be one of the worst VZW customer service employees ever. VZNAV can be deleted. I don't pay for VZNAV. I told the people in the store, I don't want it. Not at all. Not kinda. Not maybe. Charge me and I will mail a payment, less the VZNAV, and I have 5 lines. Never have I paid for VZNAV.

3. Dust issues? Not user error, and extremely common problem. Oh, and it also happens to be the customer's decision on whether they will accept it or not. Not yours. Got it? Good.

I've never had to return any of my Storms. I have 4. But have seen TONS of Storms returned. You just don't like reading that because it affects your income........
    02-09-09 08:47 AM
    Lame attempt at saving face.

1. You DON'T know "everything" about returned phones. How do you know if a return happened over the phone? Well, that's simple. You don't.

2. A customer complained of "having to pay for VZNAV?" Wow. You sound to be one of the worst VZW customer service employees ever. VZNAV can be deleted. I don't pay for VZNAV. I told the people in the store, I don't want it. Not at all. Not kinda. Not maybe. Charge me and I will mail a payment, less the VZNAV, and I have 5 lines. Never have I paid for VZNAV.

3. Dust issues? Not user error, and extremely common problem. Oh, and it also happens to be the customer's decision on whether they will accept it or not. Not yours. Got it? Good.

I've never had to return any of my Storms. I have 4. But have seen TONS of Storms returned. You just don't like reading that because it affects your income........
    O.K.

1. I never said I knew "everything" about returned phones...I said I knew everything that comes and goes from my store.

2. I know VZnav can be deleted. She came from sprint, and never asked the question about VZnav. She assumed that it was free, and It's not a frequently asked question in my store.

3. No ****. You mean I don't control my customers minds...damn...I thought I did...I know it's their decision. What I'm saying is that it's not as prevelant as it seems in this forum. A lot of people in here are making it seem like EVERY storm has issues. They don't all have issues. I for a fact know that most of the storms I have sold are still the originals. I happen to be friends with many of the people who have come in to get them, no not all of them, so I can't be sure of all of them. As far as I know only 2 have been returned. 1 was because of user error, and the other was because the customer didn't do the research, or ask the pertinent questions, and returned it during the 30 day test drive.

I'm not saying that the storm is perfect...it's far from it. I don't even know if it ever will be, but it will get better. And as far as it effecting my profit. I have tried my hardest NOT to sell the storm, until last week, because we lost money on it. With the cost vs sale price, and comission, we would lose money unless it was a 100% new account. If it was an upgrade we would lose money. So actually selling them effected our bottom line more than not selling them, until they lowered the wholesale price, which was 1 week ago today.
    02-09-09 09:53 AM
    When Blackberry went from a fancy pager/email device to a phone there were unbelievable difficulties. The phone was awful and it was buggy to the point of unusable. But look at what has resulted because of it.

The touchscreen thing is a major change that is akin to when RIM integrated phones in their devices. I mean it wasn't until the 6750 that RIM had a device that could really dominate the market. For RIM and the way they work, they are slow to develop, but when they do it becomes rock solid. Don't know really if their going to succeed with this one, but their history suggests that it will. As the utter goodness of the Bold will demonstrate.
    02-09-09 09:57 AM
104 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD