So...I have not been kind to this phone for the better part of month at this point....but tonight....I have had it!

I was at the gym and had to stop by my favorite chicagoland Wal-Mart and I received a phone call....hit both the on-screen and hardware answer button and none of them worked. After I missed the phone call I tried to call back and got the ever present "Hour Glass" feature....2 battery pulls later (VSOD) in between....I decided to call VZW...but I got the Hour Glass for the next 3 minutes while I was driving so I could perform another battery pull.

What in the world is wrong with this phone? I have slacker installed and that is it. I am on what the Crackberry Storm A$$ licking society calls a sound OS in .99.

I was already hot because my "Gym" Playlist magically disappeared today...and now this.

If the phone can't perform a majority of the functions bragged about and is now having problems making phone calls...what exactly are getting?

What an awful...awful phone....but hey...at least if I could actually use it as a phone...it is connected to the network....and my god at least it clicks when the OS doesn't respond.
    02-08-09 08:23 PM
    So...I have not been kind to this phone for the better part of month at this point....but tonight....I have had it!

I was at the gym and had to stop by my favorite chicagoland Wal-Mart and I received a phone call....hit both the on-screen and hardware answer button and none of them worked. After I missed the phone call I tried to call back and got the ever present "Hour Glass" feature....2 battery pulls later (VSOD) in between....I decided to call VZW...but I got the Hour Glass for the next 3 minutes while I was driving so I could perform another battery pull.

What in the world is wrong with this phone? I have slacker installed and that is it. I am on what the Crackberry Storm A$$ licking society calls a sound OS in .99.

I was already hot because my "Gym" Playlist magically disappeared today...and now this.

If the phone can't perform a majority of the functions bragged about and is now having problems making phone calls...what exactly are getting?

What an awful...awful phone....but hey...at least if I could actually use it as a phone...it is connected to the network....and my god at least it clicks when the OS doesn't respond.
    Wow, where to start with this one...

First, I understand you are frustrated, but that is no reason to refer to a group of people who try to help others as an "A$$ licking society."

Also, you ARE after all using a BETA OPERATING SYSTEM!!! BETA! That means untested (or testing, actually) and really can't complain when you have issues with it! If you put Windows 7 Beta on your computer and it crapped out, would you throw a fit at Microsoft?

IT'S BETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm running .75, and yes, it's a little slugish, but I have NO issues at all, NONE, not a single bug, period, zero, zilch, nada...

But you, my offensive little friend are running a BETA OS, so get used to bugs.. There's a reason it hasn't been released...

That is all... Flame away..

-Corey
    02-08-09 08:30 PM
    I am not referring to the entirety of crackberry members...I am referring to the ones that in no way shape or form allow for a rant on the phone.

I understand that .99 is a beta...but .75 is absolutely unusable to me due to the sluggishness of the device.
    02-08-09 08:41 PM
    I run .75 with no issues.

Clear some of your unused apps (including VZNav and VV). It helps a lot.

.75 is quite snappy with my 40MB free memory.

If you're asking for help, it's best to do it nicely.
    02-08-09 08:47 PM
    I run .75 with no issues.

Clear some of your unused apps (including VZNav and VV). It helps a lot.

.75 is quite snappy with my 40MB free memory.

If you're asking for help, it's best to do it nicely.
    That's what I did, removed word mole, and brickbreaker, and all the crap I don't use..

However, I use VZNav, lol..

-Corey
    02-08-09 09:08 PM
    Not looking for help really....as I stated the only thing I really have is slacker...more or less this is a rant. The scrolling on this phone is already cumbersome (too many swipes to get through contacts and webpages) but to go back to .75 and have to deal with the main menu too? no way. I would have sent the phone back at .75 if we weren't told by VZW and others that there would be a new OS by the end of December and then mid-January...none of that occurred and now I am pretty much out of luck.
    02-08-09 09:10 PM
    I use VZNav and VVM
    02-08-09 09:11 PM
    Just one thing to say..Go Cubs...I miss Sandberg. Oh and sorry about your problems with the storm. I like to start them out young..

Last edited by fisk112; 02-08-09 at 09:18 PM.
    02-08-09 09:13 PM
    Just one thing to say..Go Cubs...I miss Sandberg. Oh and sorry about your problems with the storm. I like to start them out young..

Thanks! little one is adorable. Ryno is making his way as a coach through the Cubs Minor Leagues system....did a nice job in Peoria last year.
    02-08-09 09:20 PM
    Wow, where to start with this one...

First, I understand you are frustrated, but that is no reason to refer to a group of people who try to help others as an "A$$ licking society."

Also, you ARE after all using a BETA OPERATING SYSTEM!!! BETA! That means untested (or testing, actually) and really can't complain when you have issues with it! If you put Windows 7 Beta on your computer and it crapped out, would you throw a fit at Microsoft?

IT'S BETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm running .75, and yes, it's a little slugish, but I have NO issues at all, NONE, not a single bug, period, zero, zilch, nada...

But you, my offensive little friend are running a BETA OS, so get used to bugs.. There's a reason it hasn't been released...

That is all... Flame away..

-Corey
    The Irony here is if he didn't say he was running .99, everyone would of jumped down his throat for saying he was running .75 and should be using the beta .99. Its a lose lose situation to the OP.

I feel your pain jeep, I got rid of my storm long long ago heh
    02-08-09 09:20 PM
    I am headed there....I just don't see this thing getting better just performance enhancements...nothing for UI enjoyment or anything....and they are having a hard time with that. .99 isn't even as quick as .90...
    02-08-09 09:24 PM
    you bought a first gen device what did you expect!
    using a beta os
    dont like it buy a dare
    02-08-09 09:31 PM
    a first gen device.....my god you are a direct member of the A$$ licking society. Never and I mean never, for a company as established as RIM in the mobile world, is that an acceptable excuse. unbelievable how far you will go to protect RIM.

I need corporate e-mail. I am 28 and am not looking for aol e-mail.
    02-08-09 09:34 PM
    I am headed there....I just don't see this thing getting better just performance enhancements...nothing for UI enjoyment or anything....and they are having a hard time with that. .99 isn't even as quick as .90...
    I'm sorry but this makes no sense?

You dont see it getting better because all they are going to due is enhance performance...?!? Que�

And there is nothing for UI enjoyment???? What phone did you have before this...Iphone? Because I cant think of any other phone that has a better UI
    02-08-09 09:36 PM
    I'm sorry but this makes no sense?

You dont see it getting better because all they are going to due is enhance performance...?!? Que�

And there is nothing for UI enjoyment???? What phone did you have before this...Iphone? Because I cant think of any other phone that has a better UI

Umm...you did read my whole post...they are having a hard time putting performance enhancements together let alone UI tweaks. There is nothing out there in the form of customized enhancements either.

I had WinMo...but I was able to make what I wanted out of it...not that it is any sort of thing to brag about but at least I was able to do something with it.
    02-08-09 09:40 PM

Don't like it...return it...not too hard to understand!
    a first gen device.....my god you are a direct member of the A$$ licking society. Never and I mean never, for a company as established as RIM in the mobile world, is that an acceptable excuse. unbelievable how far you will go to protect RIM.

I need corporate e-mail. I am 28 and am not looking for aol e-mail.
    buy a dell and a motorola and have a nice day
    buy a dell and a motorola and have a nice day!
    that will fix your problem!
    dont like it return it
    02-08-09 09:44 PM
    buy a dell and a motorola and have a nice day!
    that will fix your problem!
    dont like it return it
    Im sure if he was within his 30 days, he would do just that...
    02-08-09 09:46 PM
    this is the funniest thread ive read here so far.
    02-08-09 09:46 PM
    hay if you need a new copy of zomfir and his pan flute for your GYM playlist just google it.
    02-08-09 09:48 PM
    maybe its just your phone is bugged and needs to be replaced. I get bugs but never all those at once
    02-08-09 09:51 PM
    Sorry, can't agree.

My Storm + Garmin just GPSed me all the way to Philly from Cape Cod. 15% battery left (forgot my car charger in my work truck) and not a single hiccup. It handled taking pics just fine in Cape Cod. It handled the bus ride up just fine. It has yet to fail me at any time, let alone when I need it.

What's wrong with your phone, I dunno. But its not my phone and its not all Storms.
    02-08-09 09:56 PM
    You got to be patient. I heard the next official update will be coming out in 30 days.
    02-08-09 09:58 PM
    Jeep I feel your pain. I think RIM screwed this one up. I've had a bberry since the beginning and never seen anything like this. Fine if the email and music and everything else doesn't work, but when the phone just won't work, that's where I draw the line. I like the phone to keep it and wait it out, but man this phone really pisses me off a lot.
    02-08-09 10:01 PM
104 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD