08-05-10 01:06 PM
58 123
tools
    On Engadget they showed a picture of a slide from a Verizon conference regarding the Storm 3. It is supposed to be out later this year. It looks the same as the current storm and has 512 memory but also offers 80211N WiFi. and possibly a 3G mobile Hotspot capability. No other dramatic improvements.

I am sorry to say that I am moving to a Droid X as my NE2 has kicked in and waiting for a Storm 3 with so little improvements is not worth it to me.

Anyone who wants to know what I think of the Droid X after using it can feel from to PM me.

Rocco
    07-20-10 11:58 AM
    On Engadget they showed a picture of a slide from a Verizon conference regarding the Storm 3. It is supposed to be out later this year. It looks the same as the current storm and has 512 memory but also offers 80211N WiFi. and possibly a 3G mobile Hotspot capability. No other dramatic improvements.

I am sorry to say that I am moving to a Droid X as my NE2 has kicked in and waiting for a Storm 3 with so little improvements is not worth it to me.

Anyone who wants to know what I think of the Droid X after using it can feel from to PM me.

Rocco
    Think the Storm3 with much better specs is still coming.... next year.

The Engadget device is an improved S2 capable of running OS6 which is soon to be released - Verizon at least appears to have decided that the S2 with only 256MB of memory is not capable of running OS6. And either RIM must not have the S3 ready yet, or Verizon does not want to release an LTE phone this year. But RIM needs some additional phones that are capable of running OS6 on Verizon (what is the point of a new OS if it only runs on one or two phones), so thus the S2a or S2r or whatever it is going to be called is being rush into production to fill the GAP.

Of course this is all based on rumors and speculation. Really "doubt" that RIM could be so short sighted not to see it's new OS was not capable of running on most of their existing and even two new phones (9300 & 9100).....
    07-22-10 12:12 PM
    Maybe you are right but the slide was titled Storm 3 and not Storm 2R. If it is a Storm 3 then I would not expect another update until late 2011.

--Rocco--
    07-22-10 01:03 PM
    Maybe you are right but the slide was titled Storm 3 and not Storm 2R. If it is a Storm 3 then I would not expect another update until late 2011.

--Rocco--
    People latched on to the term "Storm 3" but if I recall the slide title was actually "Odin Refresh" which is what prompted my comment that this is really a refresh of a refresh... disappointing for storm chasers that were hoping for them to announce a 1000mhz cpu, 1024mb ram Storm3 with a 4" screen and mind control. Ah, such is life.
    Last edited by jeffmeden; 07-22-10 at 04:15 PM.
    07-22-10 04:12 PM
    I'm still sticking with my orginal statement that the so called Storm 3 is just rumor. Let's face it, why are there so many leaked photos and videos of other new model phones but not of the "Storm 3"? If this Storm 3 is real and if RIM is keeping this top secret, it better be the phone of the year when released.
    07-22-10 04:20 PM
    I'm an S1 owner looking for my next phone.

The reason i chose a BB, first and foremost, is that BB's have the most secure network I have experienced. I can store all my data on my home PC or flash drive if needed. I'm concerned that the new android based systems require my uploading onto google, and not being able to store SMS', MMS' or other forms of communication. That's why I chose a BB in the first place. If all I needed to protect were my contact lists, past emails and calender, then any phone would do, as outlook will take care of that. That said, the new DroidX is very appealing as a replacement for my ailing S1.

What would be ideal for me would be a touch screen BB with the screen size of a DroidX (even slightly larger)to replace my Storm1. The new proposed "slider" phone is unappealing. Even DroidX replaced their slider. I believe that people are now looking for an all in one devise. Too often, we in business are assigned a BB for all its business friendly reasons/features, and choose other devices for more "pop" related functions. We have accepted carrying around a large pad that is in essence a big ipod, mini laptop notebooks and other more expansive phones in addition to our BB's. With the new DroidX, the market is showing that it is open to a larger size physical format for an all-in-one device, that also serves both Business, entertainment and communications functions.

If BB provides a more efficient OS, increased browser speed, a larger touch screen (no slider)and all the security and reliability of a BB in their next product, the market share would not only increase, but those of us that carry multiple devices will just settle on one that offers the best of all three worlds.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
    07-30-10 03:45 AM
    I hear you. I too wanted a new Blackberry Storm that could do everything the current storm did but better and more. Unfortunately Blackberry is not yet ready to offer me that phone and I was tired of waiting.
    08-03-10 01:44 PM
    I bought my storm 1 at the end of it's life cycle because it was right before the Droid hit the market place and I NEEDED a phone. Now I'm thinking of jumping ship a year early just because I hate how slow my phone is. I really don't want to do that but because RIM didn't support either storm model, They just made it that much easier to jump ship...
    08-05-10 01:06 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD