View Poll Results: Who do you think should take the blame?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • RIM.

39 32.50%
  • Verizon.

19 15.83%
  • Both.

60 50.00%
  • RIM and I'm leaving them forever.

2 1.67%
    Ok, what do you mean here?
    reps in charge of testing felt pwnd by the CEO. why even waste their time? they do so many things, they could have gone to sleep earlier, or done something else productive than to test AND FAIL an OS that they eventually were gonna override and release anyway.
    05-12-09 10:14 PM
    VZW - to blame for rushing release of Storm
    RIM - to blame for not getting a significantly bug free OS done (and after how many revs?)

End result - as far as the OS, it is RIM's problem. I can not fault VZW for not approving software that contains significant bugs.
    05-12-09 10:30 PM
    I can't blame vzw for taking their time with releasing the new os, and neither can anyone else. If they release it with the previously identified bugs, it will be a failure. On the other hand, RIM sent a product with software to vzw that in some people's minds should not have been released.

Hate to say it but early adopters are usually the one's to pay the price. It's the nature of the beast in any industry. Go buy a 1st year Benz, new BMW, or Pioneer AVIC. Gen 1 products always leave the consumer wanting more. I think that too many people are expecting a "major" difference in the 5.x os, you will not see it. 5.x will be the same thing with improvements to the speed and stability aspects.
    05-12-09 10:38 PM
    I don't vote anything because I don't blame RIM and verizon at all because both did their best to make people happy with the storm. the real problem is storm users took the risk to download leaked OS or download other carrier like bell or telus, that was the cause of a big mess for all verizon storm users.
    This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. How are WE to blame for an imperfect product built by RIM then released by VZW knowing it had shotty software?? WE put leaks on that were built for this specific phone but failed testing due to VZW's all-of-a-sudden-since-its-not-Christmas-time strict demands to make them work better...and they do. If its MY fault that the Storm isn't perfect cuz I installed a leak then sue me, cuff me, shoot me. Whatever. Lay off the pipe dude...that sh!t'll kill ya.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 10:40 PM
    This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. How are WE to blame for an imperfect product built by RIM then released by VZW knowing it had shotty software?? WE put leaks on that were built for this specific phone but failed testing due to VZW's all-of-a-sudden-since-its-not-Christmas-time strict demands to make them work better...and they do. If its MY fault that the Storm isn't perfect cuz I installed a leak then sue me, cuff me, shoot me. Whatever. Lay off the pipe dude...that sh!t'll kill ya.

Wow, harboring any hostility?

Vzw does not want to release another update without making sure it works. It's really that plain and simple. The person you quoted was giving their opinion, and you came back with "lay off the pipe". The nice thing about the good 'ole USA is that we are all allowed to have our own opinions.
    05-12-09 10:45 PM
    The reason why rim wont bring out a os update is because they wanna make sure its gonna be stable enough 4 tha storm, Im tired n sicc of waiting im thru with tha storm. Im using tha 8900!! Its a better stable device..
    05-12-09 11:03 PM
    Come on get real!! Verizon should allow one of the updated OS's to be released. While they may not be perfect they are hands down ahead of .75.

To be honest with you I liked my phone since it first came out. Some of the bugs were annoying which is why I installed the leaked Os and eventually the hybrids. I have not looked back since and my phone works well.

I think a lot of people with complaints are unwilling to install a leaked OS. I say suck it up... if you are that unhappy either terminate your contract or fix the problem by upgrading. You really can't go wrong and there is a wealth of information on fixing your phone if you screw up.

As far as competition... no other phone has been able to compete with the blackberry in business. This is why the blackberry consistently has top selling phones.
    05-12-09 11:19 PM
    Come on get real!! Verizon should allow one of the updated OS's to be released. While they may not be perfect they are hands down ahead of .75.

To be honest with you I liked my phone since it first came out. Some of the bugs were annoying which is why I installed the leaked Os and eventually the hybrids. I have not looked back since and my phone works well.

I think a lot of people with complaints are unwilling to install a leaked OS. I say suck it up... if you are that unhappy either terminate your contract or fix the problem by upgrading. You really can't go wrong and there is a wealth of information on fixing your phone if you screw up.

As far as competition... no other phone has been able to compete with the blackberry in business. This is why the blackberry consistently has top selling phones.
    i would be inclined to agree with you, except the fact that all of the issues we have now are not performance, instead they're service impacting. services that people pay for. big no-no.
    05-12-09 11:25 PM
    First, to say .75 is stable, is to ignore every forum, not just crackberry, and every reviewer from every website, who disagrees. And my definition of stable? I mean an os that doesn't cause random reboots at any given time, an os that does lockup randomly, I mean an os that doesn't move as slow as molasses, etc etc. Every Storm that has been returned. I won't even try to argue, because obviously, .75 is not ok. You are right, .141 is the best yet, and Verizon could take the approach and release various buggy os's that RIM comes up with, that just happens to be better than the previous build. Unfortunately, I feel that that would just make people pissed off, that another build was released, with more, and/or the same problems, and it appears that VZW feels the same way.

We know that VZW should have delayed the Storm's release until the phone was ready, but looking at how long it has taken for these betas to improve, how long would that have been? 5- 6 months later, and .141 is much better than .75, but it's not good enough. It still lags, a week or 2 after installing it, still locks up whenever it wants to, and other issues. And your suggestion seems to be that VZW, accepts another buggy os from RIM, and release it because it is better than the previous build. Some customers will be happy with this, and others will be furious, so that's a hard one.

Crucial, as you say "nothing will ever be good enough for Storm users"? Crucial, I have the 8300, 8330, 8700c, 9530, and the 9000, and the Storm, is clearly, much buggier than the rest of them, by far, and I know you know this. Every blog will confirm this, every review website. Shoot, the amount of Storm returns and exchanges confirm this. So, do Storm users complain? yes they do, because there are problems with the phone that are very serious.

Yes, again, I freely admit that Verizon should not have released the Storm when they did, but looking at the fact that, 6 months later, many major bugs still exists, it makes me wonder when they'd be able to release it. Again, yes, Verizon could release later builds that still contain major bugs, and yes some customers would accept that, but many others will still be upset, because this is not what we'd expect in phone quality, especially from a manufacturer like RIM. I'm sure that making a good build is very difficult, but it doesn't change the fact that, the os comes from RIM, not Verizon, it's up to RIM to make the os without these major bugs, then Verizon to do further testing, approve it, and release it.

What I do not see from you, is admitting that RIM should have provided a better os by now. They both have a role in this mess. Verizon for releasing it too soon, and RIM, for having yet to provide an os free of major bugs, and an os that doesn't lag and cause lockups. I'm sure any Storm user that has an 8900, 9000, or 8300 series, will tell you that they don't have the same problems with their other blackberries as they do with the Storm.
    I could not have said it any better than this. It beyond me how RIM could give VZW Strom OS builds with bugs that are blatant after just a few minutes of use. I have had the 9530, 9000, 8900 (active) 8220 (active) 8320 and 8100 and the 9530 is hands down the biggest headache of the bunch. So much wasted potential because RIM got lazy. Seriously how hard is it to make a build like .75 with faster camera and the other additions in the later builds?
    05-12-09 11:54 PM
    Personally I find this thread rather comical. It's clear that most of the posters in this thread are frustrated by this phone - myself included. Honestly I can't blame them. It has not lived up to its potential.

I'm not sure who to blame...but a few things seem evident to me.

1) RIM is completely and utterly incompetent. I've owned WinMo and Palm products in the past and neither has had memory leaks or the need for excessive resets as has this storm. Furthermore, these issues seem to be the norm for RIM products albeit on a smaller scale. I believe RIM became complacent with its email technology (which I must say is impressive)...and it has stayed afloat b/c of it. Every other aspect of their products seems vastly inferior to the competition.

2) The Storm is not an innovative product outside of the Surepress screen. RIM had the perfect example of how the storm should have operated: it's called the iPhone. I'm not going to go start an iPhone vs Storm thread...frankly there are enough of those...but if RIM paid even a little attention to the 800Lb gorilla that is the competition they would have known the storm needed more polish.

3) After 6 months with the device, RIM still can't make it right! Seriously, who are they hiring as programmers? The fact that their CEOs defend sloppy design with comments such as "new reality of buggy phones" and "no one gets it right the first time" says it all. These guys sound like a bunch of clowns. They won't see another dime of my hard earned money.

4) RIM doesn't care what storm owners think. They've made their money, and they've moved on to greener pastures (ie newer phones). I don't think any future update will bring this phone up to expectations.

5) For people who are unhappy with your Storm, vote with your pocketbook! Do not buy a bloody Tour, Curve, or Flip! Stay away from this company and its CRAP.
    Last edited by nm4710; 05-12-09 at 11:57 PM.
    05-12-09 11:54 PM
    I could not have said it any better than this. It beyond me how RIM could give VZW Strom OS builds with bugs that are blatant after just a few minutes of use. I have had the 9530, 9000, 8900 (active) 8220 (active) 8320 and 8100 and the 9530 is hands down the biggest headache of the bunch. So much wasted potential because RIM got lazy. Seriously how hard is it to make a build like .75 with faster camera and the other additions in the later builds?
    welcome back! haven't seen you around lately. the OS situation is pretty hairy these days, i agree. idk what will come of it before i buy a new phone. at least i have my hybrids now!!!
    05-12-09 11:56 PM
    welcome back! haven't seen you around lately. the OS situation is pretty hairy these days, i agree. idk what will come of it before i buy a new phone. at least i have my hybrids now!!!
    Haha. Thanks man. Its funny how owning a Storm changes your lifestyle somewhat. Not on CB praying for a leak that will truly impress me anymore. lol
    05-13-09 12:01 AM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

you should know that beta is a test and can cause bugs but people just willing to take the risk to download it. also that leaked OS or using other carrier's oS is NOT supported by RIM or any carriers. you see people have problems with missing icons or all kinds of problems with BB. it is same with other BB devices and they does use leaked OS updates, ran into problem as well. you should know that all cell or smartphones aren't made to be perfect devices and it is same with windows pc.

no need for me to shoot, cuff and sue anyone including you
    05-13-09 12:53 AM
    I can tell you this--> RIM did NOT make Verizon launch the Storm with the horrible software it had installed on it. Nope not at all. And Verizon could have done just like AT&T did with the Bold, and held it back until the software was ready for public use. But did they? No, they were only concerned with making the $$$. So it seems to me, that your anger is directed at the wrong people.
    Now, back when .8something was the latest leak, everyone wished and wished for a build like .141. I guess you and others forget quite easily how bad the .8's were..... Or then again, you could still be using .75.
    Again, RIM doesn't make the carriers launch the product. And in this particular case, didn't want them to. But Verizon could care less about it's customers it only wanted your money. So I would start with the company that sold you what you despise so much.
    Since when does VZW write software?? And as another poster said, we'd still be waiting on the Storm if this were the case. Don't get me wrong, I was just as eager as anyone else to get my hands on this device. Purchased mine the morning of release. Yeah, I was one of those phools standing in the frigid cold to make sure I got one. Fact of the matter it still isn't living up to expectations and you know it. How RIM can be no where to blame is ridiculous, THEY BUILT THE DEVICE AND SOFTWARE. As far as .75 goes, I feel VERY sad for those having to use it. Yeah, some of the betas released are better but still leave a lot to be desired. They can't even correct the "color banding" for god sakes. We have to rely on our CB brethren to build hybrids and such to help ease the pain. I love the concept of the Storm, I like many other wish RIM would just get it right. It's also disappointing to know they are working on a Storm 2 when they can't even build the original correct. I'm last person who wants to ditch the Storm but accountability isn't solely on VZW.
    05-13-09 01:36 AM
    But, Crucial, the question we have is, what is the current problem? We know Verizon should not have released it when it did, but let's be real, that was over 6 months ago, and RIM has yet to release a build that is stable enough. The leaked betas have confirmed this. So, it would seem that we should be upset with RIM at this point because it is up to them, not Verizon, to create a good and stable build. Again, yes, Verizon for not waiting, but, RIM for not making something stable, now 6 months later.
    Thank you, my point exactly.
    05-13-09 01:37 AM
    CX, while I respect your input and knowledge, lets face it....RIM has dropped the ball on this one. Regardless of leaks, and we should be happy with builds beyond the .8's, etc...the device just isn't there. I know from past threads you work indirectly for RIM, testing, etc... I remember last summer all of us were trying to dig info out of you about the Storm. You have every right to protect those that help pay your bills but don't drink the kool-aid and deny these issues exist. This is the first smartphone I have ever owned that has had this many issues. You claim VZW was just trying to make the $$$$. It looks like RIM is the real $$$$ winner here. The way I see it, they built it, they fix it. If your FORD breaks down you don't blame the dealership you bought it from you blame FORD. Why should this be any different. If you ask me, RIM has abandoned the Storm in sake of making more $$$$ with other devices....now who's $$$$$ hungry?!?

And I'm sorry for so many consecutive posts, just got home and catching up. Would have done it on my Storm but it locked up! LOL I had to say it!
    Last edited by Pholey22; 05-13-09 at 01:58 AM.
    05-13-09 01:55 AM
    While I can certainly understand and share in the frustration, this isn't life or death and I'm by no means an advocate of anyone losing their job(s) over a buggy O/S... not in this economic climate, and certainly not for a device that was purchased (by most) as more of a "convenience" than an absolute necessity.
    You must be a liberal! If I do not do my job the way it supposed to be done, I get fired...bottom line. So why should these people be any different...its called life! Since when is mediocrity the standards we should set ourselves to?? I sure as $hit don't! FIRE'EM AND GET THE JOB DONE! Geez, you bleeding hearts kill me!
    05-13-09 02:15 AM
    Since when does VZW write software?? And as another poster said, we'd still be waiting on the Storm if this were the case. Don't get me wrong, I was just as eager as anyone else to get my hands on this device. Purchased mine the morning of release. Yeah, I was one of those phools standing in the frigid cold to make sure I got one. Fact of the matter it still isn't living up to expectations and you know it. How RIM can be no where to blame is ridiculous, THEY BUILT THE DEVICE AND SOFTWARE. As far as .75 goes, I feel VERY sad for those having to use it. Yeah, some of the betas released are better but still leave a lot to be desired. They can't even correct the "color banding" for god sakes. We have to rely on our CB brethren to build hybrids and such to help ease the pain. I love the concept of the Storm, I like many other wish RIM would just get it right. It's also disappointing to know they are working on a Storm 2 when they can't even build the original correct. I'm last person who wants to ditch the Storm but accountability isn't solely on VZW.
    You and others may say what you want. The bottom line is Verizon sholdn't have released it. If they would have put their bottom line before your satisfaction, we wouldn't be in this situation. Just look at AT&T. They said they didnt care if it took RIM a year to get the Bold right, they weren't releasing it until they felt it was alright to use on their network. They didn't put their bottom line first. They also sat through all of the complaints of millions of customers wondering(demanding) the device be released. yet they held of until the device was sufficiently ready for use on their Network. Verizion could have done the same.
    If this would have been the case, maybe RIM would have been forced to put more Dev hours and people in the mix to get out a stable OS so they could make some money. But no that didn't happen. Instead the carrier you all love and tout around as the best in the country, sold you a good device with shotty software. But no you and other don't blame them for that. It's all RIM fault. LOL. Get real. RIM didn't sell you the device.

Also I find it absolutely hilarious that some of you people with ZERO experience programming or writing code simplify the process and act as if it's easy to build code for such a complex device. Too funny. I would suggest you all get together and write the code yourselves and send it to the RIM devs so they can implement it ASAP, since they have no clue and it's oh so easy.

The bottom line is it shouldn't have been released when it was. That would have forced the manufacturer to build a more stable code quickly. Again, with AT&T and the Bold being the prime example. But we can't really get into what-if's, because your carrier cared less about your satisfaction and more about making the Holiday money.

@yesterdays shoveler: You dont believe the manfacturer has little or no say into when their product goes?? RIM is still angry at AT&T for REFUSING to sell the Bold when RIM thought it was ready to go. Instead holding the device back until THEY(the carrier) were ready to launch it.
    05-13-09 07:31 AM
    CX, while I respect your input and knowledge, lets face it....RIM has dropped the ball on this one. Regardless of leaks, and we should be happy with builds beyond the .8's, etc...the device just isn't there. I know from past threads you work indirectly for RIM, testing, etc... I remember last summer all of us were trying to dig info out of you about the Storm. You have every right to protect those that help pay your bills but don't drink the kool-aid and deny these issues exist. This is the first smartphone I have ever owned that has had this many issues. You claim VZW was just trying to make the $$$$. It looks like RIM is the real $$$$ winner here. The way I see it, they built it, they fix it. If your FORD breaks down you don't blame the dealership you bought it from you blame FORD. Why should this be any different. If you ask me, RIM has abandoned the Storm in sake of making more $$$$ with other devices....now who's $$$$$ hungry?!?

And I'm sorry for so many consecutive posts, just got home and catching up. Would have done it on my Storm but it locked up! LOL I had to say it!
    This is where you have no clue as to what has happened or is currently happening. And your posts show it.

First off, due to legal ramifications, the device was to be delivered at a certain date and time, ready or not. Obviously it was not ready, and the manufacturer said so. But the carriers wanted to run with it. Hence they did. They sold you the device you're totally unhappy.

Second, I don't drink kool-aid, and it's disrespectful for you to imply that I do. I've said many a times, it wasn't ready to go. How you get drinking koolaid from that is beyond me.

You car analogy is not the right one here. Like you said when you go to the Ford dealership. Thats right Ford. We're talking about Verizon, a separate entity. Yes it's RIM job to get software out that's ready. And they are.
    It further shows your lack of knowledge of the situation of the current situation to say that RIM has dropped the Storm to concentrate on other devices. I'm not quite sure how you could say this. If you knew anything about what's going on, you wouldn't say this. But no, you make assumptions.

Again, I see no fault being laid at the feet of those who sold what you hate so much to you. And I'll be damned if I would keep a device for 6+ months that I couldn't stand. If it doesn't work out the door, it's going back. Thus I don't have to be unsatisfied for months on end. I guess some are just a gluten for punishment....

I'm done in this thread, because it's all posts from people who clearly don't have an open mind about the situation and only want to blame blame blame, and the wrong people at that.
    05-13-09 07:42 AM
    you guys are way to sensitive !

who cares who's fault it is, if it doesn't work take it back, sell it, smash it, give it to an ex girlfriend and move on !
    05-13-09 07:50 AM
    You and others may say what you want. The bottom line is Verizon sholdn't have released it. If they would have put their bottom line before your satisfaction, we wouldn't be in this situation. Just look at AT&T. They said they didnt care if it took RIM a year to get the Bold right, they weren't releasing it until they felt it was alright to use on their network. They didn't put their bottom line first. They also sat through all of the complaints of millions of customers wondering(demanding) the device be released. yet they held of until the device was sufficiently ready for use on their Network. Verizion could have done the same.
    If this would have been the case, maybe RIM would have been forced to put more Dev hours and people in the mix to get out a stable OS so they could make some money. But no that didn't happen. Instead the carrier you all love and tout around as the best in the country, sold you a good device with shotty software. But no you and other don't blame them for that. It's all RIM fault. LOL. Get real. RIM didn't sell you the device.

Also I find it absolutely hilarious that some of you people with ZERO experience programming or writing code simplify the process and act as if it's easy to build code for such a complex device. Too funny. I would suggest you all get together and write the code yourselves and send it to the RIM devs so they can implement it ASAP, since they have no clue and it's oh so easy.

The bottom line is it shouldn't have been released when it was. That would have forced the manufacturer to build a more stable code quickly. Again, with AT&T and the Bold being the prime example. But we can't really get into what-if's, because your carrier cared less about your satisfaction and more about making the Holiday money.

@yesterdays shoveler: You dont believe the manfacturer has little or no say into when their product goes?? RIM is still angry at AT&T for REFUSING to sell the Bold when RIM thought it was ready to go. Instead holding the device back until THEY(the carrier) were ready to launch it.
    Crucial,

You are absolutely correct, in that VZW shouldn't have released the Storm when they did, and I don't remember anyone denying that. But, what you noticeably keep avoiding, or denying is that RIM ALSO has a role to play in this. First and foremost, VZW for releasing it too soon, but again, RIM makes the software, not VZW, and it has been 6 months later. Not 3, not 4, but a half of one year. RIM has yet to release a build that is stable enough. The leaked betas have confirmed this. So, it would seem that we should be upset with RIM at this point because it is up to them, not Verizon, to create a good and stable build. Our question and issue is why is it taking sooo long to create an os without so many terrible bugs?
    05-13-09 07:53 AM
    Crucial,

You are absolutely correct, in that VZW shouldn't have released the Storm when they did, and I don't remember anyone denying that. But, what you noticeably keep avoiding, or denying is that RIM ALSO has a role to play in this. First and foremost, VZW for releasing it too soon, but again, RIM makes the software, not VZW, and it has been 6 months later. Not 3, not 4, but a half of one year. RIM has yet to release a build that is stable enough. The leaked betas have confirmed this. So, it would seem that we should be upset with RIM at this point because it is up to them, not Verizon, to create a good and stable build. Our question and issue is why is it taking sooo long to create an os without so many terrible bugs?
    Last post. But because it's you, I'll post again.

Brian you're missing the point. Bottom line, the Storm shouldn't have been released. It should have shipped with something like .122 or higher. If this was the case, you guys would be a lot more tolerable with the software than what you are now having gone from .74 through .141. Understand what I'm saying. If it shipped with one of these builds, you guys would be more content than with it shipping with what it did. So all of what we're discussing should be irrelevant. But of course it's not, and I won't say why, again. But we all know.

Has it taken a while to get to a good stable build? Yes. The device is very complicated. But you must remeber, .141 was built months ago. So you're saying all these months, but it's just taken a while to get to the public. There are stable 4.7 builds. And they were built over a month ago. Why Verizon does not have these builds is because of the way they choose to conduct testing. Again, that has nothing to do with RIM.
    Man if only you all knew what really goes on.
    05-13-09 08:22 AM

Brian you're missing the point. Bottom line, the Storm shouldn't have been released. It should have shipped with something like .122 or higher. If this was the case, you guys would be a lot more tolerable with the software than what you are now having gone from .74 through .141. Understand what I'm saying. If it shipped with one of these builds, you guys would be more content than with it shipping with what it did. So all of what we're discussing should be irrelevant. But of course it's not, and I won't say why, again. But we all know.

Has it taken a while to get to a good stable build? Yes. The device is very complicated. But you must remeber, .141 was built months ago. So you're saying all these months, but it's just taken a while to get to the public. There are stable 4.7 builds. And they were built over a month ago. Why Verizon does not have these builds is because of the way they choose to conduct testing. Again, that has nothing to do with RIM.
    Again, I do agree that the phone shouldn't have been released when it was...at Verizon's fault, not RIM's. And definitely, we would have been more content with a .122 build, agree completely. However, many of the issues that we still see are found in .122 and still in .141. As far as the time frame from which leaked builds were received by VZW to when we actually see them, well, not many of us here can answer that, so I see your point, but I will say that, NONE of the leaked builds thus far are good enough builds, they are just better than the previous ones. So, from what you're implying, if I am correct, is that, yes it's RIM's responsibility to have gotten a stable os by now, but you are saying that, they've sent an os to Verizon that is without color-banding, doesn't cause lockups and reboots, mms issue, and doesn't lag, but VZW has just chosen not to approve it for some reason. I'm not understanding what reason the number 1 carrier in America would have for willingly not releasing a good os for their biggest selling phone, but, then again, I don't work behind the scenes for them.

There are gonna be disagreements here because, we have to either "sit here and take it", when we have the Storm, and most of us are used to the usual high quality product from RIM, which is why many, like myself are so frustrated and haven't gone with another device. However, we also know that, there are other factors that we don't understand or know, because we don't work behind the scenes, and neither RIM, nor VZW would knowingly blame the other and provide all of the reasons for this issue. That being said, regardless, thanks for the input, because agree or disagree, it makes us more aware of certain "goings-on", and of how certain things work.
    Last edited by briankeith513; 05-13-09 at 08:49 AM.
    05-13-09 08:45 AM
    In reference to CB's home page, most are very upset with VZW. Who we should be upset with is RIM. After all they are the ones who made the device and horrible OS. VZW doesn't write the software, they only approve it. I'm glad they have high expectation for the OS and just don't accept anything and everything RIM churns out. I mean really, who wants .141 to be official anyway?? I sure don't. The problem lies with RIM and their lack of knowledge when writing and developing software. I hope to god someone in Waterloo has lost their job over this. I realize many are upset but RIM is getting away with murder while VZW takes all the heat. Quit calling VZW and complaining, call RIM and let them have it!!! I've been a RIM fan and user for over 8 years now. At the time, they were the only company who had a good email and messaging system available for mobile devices. Now there are MANY players out there who do the same thing and in many cases even better. If you ask me, RIM got fat and happy and forgot about innovation and more importantly how to write software. Perhaps they would be better off going back to making pagers.

Also, please feel free to comment on why you voted the way you did.
    you forgot one thing Verizon signed contract with RIM and RIM suppiled hardware to them but RIM does not make verizon software at all. verizon is just trying to make compatabile with storm by getting the right OS version to run smoothly. it is same with microsoft and they do not make hardware but just software and signed contract with most hardware pc companies to install microsoft windows.
    05-13-09 09:15 AM

That kool aid line was hilarious crucial, but I get what you're saying. A lot of the blame does lie with Verizon not all of it but certainly the lion's share.

05-13-09 09:17 AM
98 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD