Ok, is it just me or is everyone else tired of the people coming in and whining like little girls.

Just a week ago all I read on this forum was “Why don’t they release it already.” Now it’s the same fools crying like little girls saying “why did Verizon release this phone.”

It’s obvious that more than 80% of the people in here haven’t dealt in the real business world.

If you don’t like the phone, then go return it and go get your iphone and shut up already.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-22-08 at 02:45 AM.
    11-22-08 02:36 AM
    It's typical with devices that are hyped up this big. The more something is hyped up the more people are let down. I on the other hand pretty much knew I was going to be buying a new buggy device that will have some problems. I also knew that I can wait till they update it and have a great phone. Those who thought it was going to be perfect from day one seem to be the ones who are really let down.
    11-22-08 02:38 AM
    Ok, is it just me or is everyone else tired of the people coming in and whining like little girls.

Just a week ago all I read on this forum was “Why don’t they release it already.” Now it’s the same fools crying like little girls saying “why did Verizon release this phone.”

It’s obvious that more than 80% of the people in here haven’t dealt in the real business world.

If you don’t like the phone, then go return it and go get your iphone and shut up already.

honestly speaking don't waste the breath on this... its going to be a while before things go back to normal around these parts...

Let it happen ask questions answer legitimate ones and ignore the crappy stuff you wont change there mind or stop them from flaming STORM ON LIKE IT OR NOT IM STORMING!
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-22-08 at 02:46 AM.
    11-22-08 02:38 AM
    perfectly said............. and do u guys no how long it would take for them to do the OS update on alllllllllllllllllllllll of those storms that were released today?!?! u'd b lucky if u got ur storms before new years. deal with the bugs now until everything is worked out, or else u should'nt have goten the fone at all
    11-22-08 02:50 AM
    Sorry guys, I kind of lost it there. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some times you just get kind of tired of the people who are two faced.

Every now and then I forge that this is the internet. All I know is, I spent an hour with the phone and I was highly impressed with it. Maybe I’m one of those people that is easy to please. I guess coming from a Pearl, anything would make you happy. I must say though, the Pearl’s OS runs really fast.
    11-22-08 02:57 AM
    I agree. If you don't like it take it back. I personally love it. Its not perfect and its buggy but that was to be expected. After an update or 2 if its still buggy then there is a reason to complain.
    11-22-08 03:28 AM
    I am using this post from another forum, and poster. I have added a few things that he didn't mention. It's possible there could be some errors, but the overall message is clear.

Storm vs iPhone (aka: Storm operating system DOES have, iPhone operating system DOES NOT have):

- send a message to an entire mailing list, without selecting each contact one at a time
    - 3D click-through screen (capacitive touch PLUS tactile click)
    - MMS (TXT messages with attachments; picture, video, audio, contact info)
    - ability to record videos
    - WMV video support
    - WMA audio support
    - 3GPP RTSP website audio/video streaming
    - copy/cut/paste via multitouch
    - better camera (3.2mp vs 2mp = 60% improvement)
    - 2x digital camera zoom (vs none)
    - camera flash
    - camera autofocus & image stabilization
    - better screen resolution (480x360 vs 480x320 = 12% improvement)
    - full QWERTY keyboard (PLUS SureType and multi-tap)
    - second mic for active noise cancellation during phone calls
    - removable/replaceable battery (carry an extra fully charged battery)
    - better battery life w/ 1400 mAhr (5.5-6.0hrs vs 5.0hrs = 10-20% improvement)
    - replaceable metal backing (vs plastic, non-replaceable)
    - MicroSD memory card expandable up to 32GB
    - unlimited memory expansion using multiple mSD cards
    - voice-command dialing
    - global phone: CDMA/EVDO.A/UMTS/HSPA/EDGE/GPRS/GSM (includes a SIM card for oversdeas)
    - true, lean email push w/ compression (vs battery draining ping-pong workaround)
    - DOD-level encryption and security (with remote management via BES or Unite)
    - syncronize contacts, tasks, memos, calendar with Yahoo! PIM, Outlook, Lotus Notes, etc
    - save attachments & send attachments from media card or internal memory
    - open PDF, DOC, XLS, PPT files and edit them
    - invite attendees to calendar meetings
    - ability to use any music manager (vs iTunes-only restriction)
    - high-speed PC modem via USB tethering
    - third-party application multitasking (aka background applications)
    - assisted GPS for turn-by-turn voice navigation with third-party applications
    - mass storage mode (allows drag/drop of files via Windows Explorer)
    - blue tooth 2.0 with stereo headset, A2DP/AVRCP audio streaming, file-sharing, wireless printing, etc
    - horizontal charging dock for "clock mode" and movie viewing
    - better Verizon contracts and cheaper price plans
    - better 3G network (Verizon EVDO Rev. A vs AT&T HSDPA scarce coverage and slower uploads)
    - open architecture app install (vs Apple collecting a buck for EVERYTHING you buy)
    - ability to download software from many sources, instead of app store only for the iphone
    - 10 hard buttons (4 front, 2 top, 4 side)
    - TXT message fowarding (iphone can't even foward a text message)
    On AT&T, spotty 3G coverage requires the WiFi alternative...
    VZW 3G coverage is everywhere, hence no need to compensate with an additional chip that would raise prices and reduce battery life.

Also, the iphone plastic cases are still getting cracks around the camera and port openings. Apple knows it .... They have had over a year to update the OS to give their users what they want...CUT & PASTE editing of docs. Text Message fowarding.....etc. Yeah I know...3rd party apps can do some things, but ....shouldn't Apple update the OS so that it's done natively?

second place goes to the iphone
    Last edited by JeffH; 11-22-08 at 09:41 AM. Reason: language
    11-22-08 08:15 AM
    I am using this post from another forum, and poster. I have added a few things that he didn't mention. It's possible there could be some errors, but the overall message is clear.

Storm vs iPhone (aka: Storm operating system DOES have, iPhone operating system DOES NOT have):

- send a message to an entire mailing list, without selecting each contact one at a time
    - 3D click-through screen (capacitive touch PLUS tactile click)
    - MMS (TXT messages with attachments; picture, video, audio, contact info)
    - ability to record videos
    - WMV video support
    - WMA audio support
    - 3GPP RTSP website audio/video streaming
    - copy/cut/paste via multitouch
    - better camera (3.2mp vs 2mp = 60% improvement)
    - 2x digital camera zoom (vs none)
    - camera flash
    - camera autofocus & image stabilization
    - better screen resolution (480x360 vs 480x320 = 12% improvement)
    - full QWERTY keyboard (PLUS SureType and multi-tap)
    - second mic for active noise cancellation during phone calls
    - removable/replaceable battery (carry an extra fully charged battery)
    - better battery life w/ 1400 mAhr (5.5-6.0hrs vs 5.0hrs = 10-20% improvement)
    - replaceable metal backing (vs plastic, non-replaceable)
    - MicroSD memory card expandable up to 32GB
    - unlimited memory expansion using multiple mSD cards
    - voice-command dialing
    - global phone: CDMA/EVDO.A/UMTS/HSPA/EDGE/GPRS/GSM (includes a SIM card for oversdeas)
    - true, lean email push w/ compression (vs battery draining ping-pong workaround)
    - DOD-level encryption and security (with remote management via BES or Unite)
    - syncronize contacts, tasks, memos, calendar with Yahoo! PIM, Outlook, Lotus Notes, etc
    - save attachments & send attachments from media card or internal memory
    - open PDF, DOC, XLS, PPT files and edit them
    - invite attendees to calendar meetings
    - ability to use any music manager (vs iTunes-only restriction)
    - high-speed PC modem via USB tethering
    - third-party application multitasking (aka background applications)
    - assisted GPS for turn-by-turn voice navigation with third-party applications
    - mass storage mode (allows drag/drop of files via Windows Explorer)
    - blue tooth 2.0 with stereo headset, A2DP/AVRCP audio streaming, file-sharing, wireless printing, etc
    - horizontal charging dock for "clock mode" and movie viewing
    - better Verizon contracts and cheaper price plans
    - better 3G network (Verizon EVDO Rev. A vs AT&T HSDPA scarce coverage and slower uploads)
    - open architecture app install (vs Apple collecting a buck for EVERYTHING you buy)
    - ability to download software from many sources, instead of app store only for the iphone
    - 10 hard buttons (4 front, 2 top, 4 side)
    - TXT message fowarding (iphone can't even foward a text message)
    On AT&T, spotty 3G coverage requires the WiFi alternative...
    VZW 3G coverage is everywhere, hence no need to compensate with an additional chip that would raise prices and reduce battery life.

Also, the iphone plastic cases are still getting cracks around the camera and port openings. Apple knows it .... They have had over a year to update the OS to give their users what they want...CUT & PASTE editing of docs. Text Message fowarding.....etc. Yeah I know...3rd party apps can do some things, but ....shouldn't Apple update the OS so that it's done natively?

second place goes to the iphone
    you know, if you had all the gold in the world, and nowhere to spend it, your still screwed. everything the iphone does, does it amazingly well, everything the storm does, is yet to be determined, but as far as the storm goes, i like the phone, but the iphone didn't even come close to being as buggy as the storm was. you walk into the store and play with the iphone, your like ... i want this phone, but ...im on verizon. You walk into a verizon store and play with the storm your like, ..., i have no idea what im doing. How do you do this? how do you do that?
    Last edited by JeffH; 11-22-08 at 09:42 AM. Reason: language
    11-22-08 08:30 AM
    OMG but what about the urban spoon app?!?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD