I had an existing Rhapsody account before getting my Storm 2. Instead of activating Rhapsody/V CAST Music, I have been using the Rhapsody program installed on my PC to transfer music onto the 16GB SD card that came with the phone. I have no issues with Rhapsody recognizing the phone. My problem is that short (1 sec) pauses occur randomly when I play music through the phone. Whole songs will play without any pauses, but other songs will have multiple pauses. The same song can play back full of pauses one time, and then with no pauses the next time. I contacted Rhapsody and they say it is an issue with the phone. Of note, when I play music through the phone I shut down all open apps and also close all connections (Mobile Network, Wi-Fi, etc.). I'd appreciate any advice on how to fix this problem. Thank you.
    06-05-10 12:13 PM
    simple--use another music service. Use Pandora (or even Slacker). Pandora plays flawlessly on my Storm.
    06-05-10 12:16 PM
    simple--use another music service. Use Pandora (or even Slacker). Pandora plays flawlessly on my Storm.
    What are the advantages of Pandora vs Slacker? Does either have a better music selection? I see that Slacker allows you to "cache" stations so you can listen to music even when you don't have an Internet connection, which sounds like a useful feature. Does Pandora allow this? Thank you.
    06-05-10 01:13 PM
    What are the advantages of Pandora vs Slacker? Does either have a better music selection? I see that Slacker allows you to "cache" stations so you can listen to music even when you don't have an Internet connection, which sounds like a useful feature. Does Pandora allow this? Thank you.
    Pandora doesn't cache. You have to PAY, if you want to cache with Slacker. I MUCH prefer Pandora--no annoying audio interruptions (self serving slacker ads) on Pandora--JUST MUSIC! Why anyone would use Slacker over Pandora is beyond me. Try them both for several hours and you will see exactly what I mean.
    06-05-10 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD