i have the vcast rhapsody, and was wondering if there is a way to hook up my blackberry to play the songs i have on the car sterio? I have a mp3 player plug in in my car. It's a new chevy and some cars have the mp3 plug in.

Wondering if this can be done, and what cable I would need?
    01-30-09 08:48 PM
    Just go to radio shack and pick up a cable. 3.5mm on each side is probably what you want, depending on what your Aux. jack's size is in your car. If your BB headphones fit into that jack, it's 3.5mm.

Should cost you only like 5 bucks.
    01-30-09 08:56 PM
    thekC is correct! I too have a newer chevy with a 3.5" Aux jack and that is what I do to listen to my music off the Storm. Just plug in your 3.5 ( make sure its stereo on both ends which will have 2 rings on the sleeve of the plug ends.) Also it makes for a great handsfree device for talking. When you make or receive a call just hit the speaker icon and you will hear your party's voice through the car speakers. Because the Storms mic is quite sensitive normal talking volume is heard clearly on your party's phone.
    01-30-09 10:26 PM
    Good call mettic, I didn't think to mention the 'stereo' (2 rings) part.

Ha, I'll never buy another car minus an Aux jack. The ease of listening to streaming radio through my car speakers as opposed to listening to the toilet that is FM radio puts a smile on my face daily.
    01-31-09 12:00 AM
    i have a 2008 ford explorer and my storm doesnt connect to the bluetooth, is there any software i can buy or anything i can do to connect it??
    02-10-09 10:31 AM
    Also it makes for a great handsfree device for talking. When you make or receive a call just hit the speaker icon and you will hear your party's voice through the car speakers. Because the Storms mic is quite sensitive normal talking volume is heard clearly on your party's phone.
    Oh, now that does sound nice. I never even thought of that. I know what I will be doing today. Thanks for the tip.
    02-10-09 10:50 AM
    I bought a Satechi unit that does A2DP stereo playback and turns your speakers into a FULL duplex hands free device. Plugs right into your cigarette lighter.

Trouble is I never end up using it. Works very well though!
    02-10-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD