Thanks to the new leaked OS out there , Rhapsody is now compatiable and fully functional. It actual seems to load the library a bit faster now as well, only if it would offer OTA downloads of music

But I know there have been several members here having a hard time making Rhapsody work with .230, so download the new leak and you will be better than fine.
    10-21-09 11:03 AM
    Awesome news, thanks.

And yea, I would like to be able to dl tracks from rhapsody on the phone without having to buy them.
    10-21-09 11:55 AM
    so u can use it just not dl music thru it
    10-21-09 11:58 AM
    This is awesome, I spent so many hours trying to fix this.

Not to mention the only PC I could get it to work on was at work and last week that computer went toast and had to be replaced.

Downloading new OS right now.
    10-21-09 12:19 PM
    so u can use it just not dl music thru it
    If you have a Rhapsody To Go license, you can download songs from rhapsody and sync them to your phone through your PC. Verizon ships their phones with "Rhapsody VCast", but to DL songs through the phone interface, you actually have to pay for 'em.

So glad they fixed that problem, that was a major negative for me in previous builds.
    10-21-09 12:34 PM
    I'm sure everyone has seen the threads from me about Rhapsody... Thank you so much for finding this... I was scared to even try rhapsody with .323...
    10-21-09 12:35 PM
    Still can't get it to work for me. I even updated Rhapsody. Is there something I'm missing. Was working on .191, upgraded to .230 and it stopped, I was praying .323 would fix but nope. Still a no go for me. Damn this sucks. I've got a ton of music I can't use right now, and I'm not downgrading. I like this build too much. Crappers.
    10-21-09 01:00 PM
    What are the proper settings for memory. I have played with it so much I just want to confirm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 05:26 PM
    Everything on except for Mass storage mode it should be OFF.

I just plugged mine into usb and it took about 30seconds for it to install the phone and then it popped up in Rhapsody.
    10-21-09 05:36 PM
    Still nothing. Anyone else with any ideas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 08:22 PM
    Does Rhapsody still use DRM?
    10-21-09 08:24 PM
    I've tried every setting I can think of. Still no go for me. I even formatted the device memory and SD card and still nothing. I'm about to uninstall and reinstall DM5 with media sync to see if it replaces the drivers. I'm on Windows 7 RTM btw. Was working before, only changed with phone update to .230. In devices, the phone shows up as RIM composite device, no MTP drivers that I can see in device manager.
    10-21-09 08:32 PM
    Im on 323 and Rhapsody works great for me.
    10-21-09 10:48 PM
    for those who are having issues, I apologize. I did nothing special to make this work, I just plugged it into my computer and it recognized my storm right away.
    10-22-09 08:19 AM
    After all I did, finally got it to work. I had two drives showing up under portable devices in my computer and device manager. Windows 7 was giving them drive letters, even though they showed up as empty. Kind of like a media card reader with no media card in it. Found and ran calfix.exe and it worked. When the phone rebooted, I watched the driver install, and this time it installed a RIM/MS MTP driver, now the phone shows up in My Computer as a Blackberry 9530 again. Rhapsody and Napster both work again. That was a PITA. Hope this helps anyone else. This was the first time I had the issue sense getting this phone in Nov of 08 and loading every OS released sense then. Werd.
    10-22-09 09:27 AM
    After all I did, finally got it to work. I had two drives showing up under portable devices in my computer and device manager. Windows 7 was giving them drive letters, even though they showed up as empty. Kind of like a media card reader with no media card in it. Found and ran calfix.exe and it worked. When the phone rebooted, I watched the driver install, and this time it installed a RIM/MS MTP driver, now the phone shows up in My Computer as a Blackberry 9530 again. Rhapsody and Napster both work again. That was a PITA. Hope this helps anyone else. This was the first time I had the issue sense getting this phone in Nov of 08 and loading every OS released sense then. Werd.
    Can you explain where you found calfix.exe? Is it part of Windows, or somewhere on the phone? I am having the same issue with Windows assigning them drive letters instead of recognizing it as a Blackberry device. I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks
    10-22-09 10:12 AM
    I found it on the blackberry forums. I think it's a RIM hotfix. google it and it should come up. I can't attach it. It's opens a DOS window, connects to the phone boot rom, does it's thing and reboots the phone, when it comes up, Windows installs the right driver.
    10-22-09 10:39 AM
    Update! I went to plug into two XP machines this morning and it didn't work. My machine I was working on yesterday was the new Vista machine that my work purchased to replace the XP machine that went down last week.

The two other machines I am trying are an Acer Aspire One netbook (won it in a sales contest), and a sony viao RX850 desktop.

This will need to be figured out before VZW will make this an official OS.
    10-22-09 10:41 AM
    Here, got it. Plug in your phone, unzip and run the EXE.
    10-22-09 10:41 AM
    Here is a link to the fix posted above, I'm trying it with no luck yet but i'm still trying.

http://www.blackberry.com/hotfix/2009fall/calfix.exe
    10-22-09 10:54 AM
    Also those that its still not working please try this.

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack.com
    10-22-09 01:06 PM
    10-22-09 04:22 PM
    Damn, just loaded up my Storm2 and the problem started up all over again. None of my previous fixes are working. Very irritating. Phone shows up as a Blackberry Smartphone, not Blackberry 9550. Mass Storage works fine if I enable it, but tring to just use MTP, no go. Two ghost drives listed under portable computer. This sucks. Back to the drawing board.
    10-29-09 02:04 PM
    Damn, just loaded up my Storm2 and the problem started up all over again. None of my previous fixes are working. Very irritating. Phone shows up as a Blackberry Smartphone, not Blackberry 9550. Mass Storage works fine if I enable it, but tring to just use MTP, no go. Two ghost drives listed under portable computer. This sucks. Back to the drawing board.
    Same here with my Storm2. My laptop sees it as the BlackBerry 9550 perfectly, VZAccess also sees it as the 9550.

My desktop however... does not see the phone unless it's on mass storage. Thankfully VZAccess does see the phone. Both running Windows 7 x64.

I'm at a loss. reinstalled DM, and all the drivers to no avail.
    12-13-09 02:28 AM
    It works!
    I had tried everything but nothing happenend but now it finally works
    08-26-10 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD