Here's my second ever review on CB.

I'm going to take a look at "Berry Wars" by 'Epic Applications'

After playing Shake-On-It by the same group, I decided to try this little game. I've heard about Dope Wars on BB, so I gave this one a good try. Anyone who "properly" used their TI-83 calculator knows about this game. Actually, I still have my big, old TI-83 calculator with me (I just never had this game installed on it). But for those who haven't had the pleasure of playing this type of game, I'll give you the rundown. The concept of the game is easy; you sell high, buy low. This game is basically about being the best drug kingpin you can be, while dealing with obstacles that get in the way. I checked out the text based/original version of this game. This game is basically that plus the beauty that is graphics. This version stays true to the original, while giving it a nice modern twist to it. Built for the Storm, it looks incredible. I think it's Berry nice... OK that was lame but still... it looks good.

You start off at the welcome screen. Where you pick between 'New Game', 'Resume Game' (only if you have saved a game before), and 'High Score' (The high score button shows you your top 4 all time high scores).

After you hit the new game button, you are brought to an instructional screen. This screen lets you know not only how to be successful--but to live. It will let you know what you should do to make sure you will actually make it past the 30 days. On my second run, I got beat up by that little kid... Trust me when I say--it's not fun to get beat up by a little kid.

You start the game off in a random location. All you have on you is $2,500 and a Coat only capable of carrying 1000 units at any given time. Overall, you start with nothing. It's up to you to build yourself up. To do this, you need money, bread, dough, guap, or whatever you want to call it. So, the first thing I normally do (you can do whatever floats your happy, little boat) is visit the good ol', happy loan shark.

To get here, all you have to do is swipe right on the screen and you'll pay a visit to Mr. LoanShark. Once there, you can either 'Apply for Loan', or 'Pay Loan' (of course, only if you have an existing one... duh). Once you ask for a loan, you will be given an offer. It's totally upto you weither you accept this offer or not. Some offers will be a lot better than other, or so it will seem. Also, you are only able to get an offer once a day. Once you've chosen what you want to do, it's time to make that money.

At any given time and any given place, you will be presented with choice drugs to purchase. The whole purpose is to buy low and sell high. It may take some experience of playing the game, but you should know a bargin when you see one. If you don't like the offers in one place at that time, you can swipe left on the screen to choose your next desitination. The amount, type, quantity, and price will differ from time to time, so make sure you visit the same place after a day or two.

Throughout the game, you will encounter "fights". These fights occur randomly, and it can lead down a bad path quite quickly. From the start of the game, you are only equipted with your bare fists to defend yourself. As you can imagine, it's not going to help much to fight with your fists. Once you feel you have more than enough money, you can visit the store and purchase your weapon of choice.

In the Store, you can the options to buy weapons or to buy a new coat. The weapons are self-explanatory. They help you defend yourself better. But the coats, on the other hand, can give you perks. They show you how much more you can carry plus how much health they give as a benefit.

The game is currently being updated. There will be some user-definable gameplay changes coming soon. Overall, I enjoyed playing this game. I must say I like it better than Shake-On-It, and it was a good game on it's own.

SCORE: I give this game 4 drive-by shootings out of 5 (4/5). Once the updates are out, I will update the review to include it. It will have scores for the original and new versions.
    05-21-09 11:25 PM
    Thanks for the awesome review!

Everyone can check this app out at:
    Berry Wars | Dope Wars and Drug Wars for Blackberry Storm - Games BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    for only $2.99!

I am working on an update now and have fixed quite a number of peoples requests. You can see the latest status on the update at:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...borate-230309/
    05-22-09 03:17 AM
    Bump and waits
    05-23-09 12:48 AM
    Killer review on this app
    05-23-09 07:37 AM
    I agree. The game is sweet! With the coming updates, it will be sweeter!!
    05-23-09 07:41 AM
    Would love to see an updated review with the update!
    05-31-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD