When I scroll though my call history and I come upon a call on my Storm, from a number which I do not recognize, is there an application out there (which I can download and install) which will enable to me click on the BB Menu Button and select something akin to "reverse 411" or "Reverse Caller ID" which when selected will then query against a phone number data base on the internet to return a name (and address) of the phone number's owner? Tryda has a solution for the Palm OS and I'd like similar capabilities for my storm.

I'm not interested in launching my browser and navigating to a site. I'd like this capability somehow integrated into my call log. Anybody know of a solution like this? If not, anybody else want one?

Please advise!!!
    01-09-09 01:20 PM
    I miss TryDA!

I contacted them and they said they were not looking into anything for the Storm. :-(
    01-09-09 02:18 PM
    Too bad. By the looks of the lack of responses to this thread - not too much interest either. Put it on the wish list!
    01-12-09 06:34 AM
    Do you have a database in mind, or just a google query?
    01-12-09 07:32 AM
    Right now - I'd settle for a query against google, anywho, and/or CID DB. I imagine if more people were interested in licensing the application, a query against a for pay DB may make sense.
    01-12-09 07:38 AM
    If I dont know whos calling, I ignore it. If its important, they'll leave a message. If its someone I know but the number didnt come up, I save the number with their name after I'm done with the call.
    01-12-09 07:57 AM
    Youmail works good for me. I have it set to email the caller ID if someone calls and I don't pick up. You can set it to send text messages as well.
    01-12-09 06:05 PM
    I used TRYDA on my Treo. It was a great program for simple phone # lookup as well as reverse lookup. Could create a contact automatically. It was also a free program. Anything similar out there for BB Storm?
    03-24-09 11:05 PM
    You Mail works very well, but only after the fact.

here's a +1 for a real caller ID app.
    03-24-09 11:07 PM
    Beyond411 has a reverse phone number function...

too bad it doesn't work, though.
    03-24-09 11:58 PM
    03-25-09 07:36 PM
    Youmail does this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 08:16 PM
    The phonebook app coming out from blinding rain will have this function included
    03-25-09 08:31 PM
    skydeck does this and more

skydeck.com
    03-25-09 08:37 PM
    Youmail works good for me. I have it set to email the caller ID if someone calls and I don't pick up. You can set it to send text messages as well.
    Yeah I like that feature of You mail. I have it sent as a text; I usually never answer a number I don't recognize and just let You mail do the work.
    03-25-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD