I've had my Storm now for over two months, and the clicking has gone downhill significantly in the past week. I'm fed up with the slow operating speeds of this phone (I'm still using .75) and the slow typing speeds. But to the point, I want to "downgrade" to a Curve. I have had the phone for more than two months, and I have full phone insurance. How would I go about doing this? Is it possible to do without paying the full retail price?
    02-12-09 07:30 PM
    Don't think so my friend- you may be stuck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 07:36 PM
    good question, i assume you have to eat the cost of the phone because it took you 2 months to decide

you could always try to make it back by selling your storm on ebay
    02-12-09 07:41 PM
    I've had my Storm now for over two months, and the clicking has gone downhill significantly in the past week. I'm fed up with the slow operating speeds of this phone (I'm still using .75) and the slow typing speeds. But to the point, I want to "downgrade" to a Curve. I have had the phone for more than two months, and I have full phone insurance. How would I go about doing this? Is it possible to do without paying the full retail price?
    If your looking to get the 2 year contract price. Here is what people have done to get the storm coming from curves. There is something a long the lines and im pretty sure this is Blackberry Specific, but if you have replaced your Blackberry more then 3 and you push them enough they will let you sign a 2 year contract for a different Blackberry. I am sure if you call Customer Service you can get something along these lines.
    02-12-09 08:09 PM
    I'm trying to go from a Storm to a Curve
    02-12-09 08:20 PM
    Upgrade to .103.

You will NOT get your money back. Deal with it until May. Niagra release.

You would be a fool to pay for a Curve right now. Well, a fool to pay more than $100 for a Curve, reguardless of store price.
    02-12-09 09:17 PM
    I went back to the Curve for two days and I just had to get the Storm back. It doesn't make sense to downgrade at this point. Anyone downgrading will come back in time....trust me.
    02-12-09 09:43 PM
    I thought about going back to m curve for a few days after getting the storm, but now I'm starting to like the Storm.
    02-12-09 10:32 PM
    Welcome to crackberry!
    02-12-09 10:36 PM
    Sometimes...I think of getting the Curve again...the keyboard does drive me crazy even with these beta updates. But I love the features of 4.7!
    02-13-09 01:03 AM
    Some particular reason why you don;t upgrade the operating system and do the system tweaks as others suggest? .103 is an improvement over .99 IMO, and .99 was a large jump over .75.
    02-13-09 01:07 AM
    you're stuck with the storm as far as verizon is concerned. you might be able to sell your storm though on ebay, then purchase a used curve and make about $100, but remember you'll still have to pay full price for the niagara if you want to upgrade to that later. (whenever it drops for vzw)
    02-13-09 01:33 AM
    You are not stuck. What I'm about to say will get me flamed but it is the truth

Verizon has a policy about multi-frus. If you return a unit, any phone, enough times they will agree that the phone is not for you. They will allow you to switch to an equivalent or lesser value phone and renew your 2 year contract from that day.

I know this because I went through 5 LG Dares and a CS supervisor gave me the option. What will get me flamed is that its not considered a 'legit' means of getting a new phone. I used the policy legitimately.

Dare #1: Bluetooth issues and random resets
    Dare #2: Verizon software disappeared from the phone and could not be restored short of reloading the firmware (which they couldn't do in the store).
    Dare #3: GPS stopped working completely
    Dare #4: Bluetooth issues
    Dare #5: Bluetooth issues after the v05 firmware update was released.

The recurring bluetooth issues were with 4 different bluetooth devices so VZ couldn't claim I needed a new headset.
    02-13-09 02:21 AM
    Sounds good but I'm not sure that would work accross the board. Sounds like they might have just gotten tired of dealing with you. But try it- if you bug them enough maybe they'll halp you out! Anythings worth a try if your super unhappy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 02:26 AM
    Back in September I bought an Env2 from Craigslist. Original owner had it activated for less than 1 hour, made no calls, etc. Anyway, VZW would not let me add insurance when I activated it because it was "used." I visited a VZW store recently because a particular button on the keypad would not work periodically. Because I did not have insurance, they offered me a replacement for $50. Why not take you're Storm to a store so a tech can look at it. If they offer a replacement why not ask for the Curve? Is this a "fair" deal? No. Will most people say you're nuts? Yes. Naturally, you need to decide what's best for you.
    02-13-09 05:36 AM
    Back in September I bought an Env2 from Craigslist. Original owner had it activated for less than 1 hour, made no calls, etc. Anyway, VZW would not let me add insurance when I activated it because it was "used." I visited a VZW store recently because a particular button on the keypad would not work periodically. Because I did not have insurance, they offered me a replacement for $50. Why not take you're Storm to a store so a tech can look at it. If they offer a replacement why not ask for the Curve? Is this a "fair" deal? No. Will most people say you're nuts? Yes. Naturally, you need to decide what's best for you.
    Never ever ever ever be completely honest with VZW.

Seriously dude.

1st off, you have to already have insurance. Then, you walk in and say...

"I want to switch phones. Yeah, I totally bought this phone new. No it's not used. Yeah, and make sure it has insurance."

Bam. Done.

Don't say...

"Yeah I bought this shady phone off the web and have no idea where it's been or what it's been through. Will you insure it?"

The answer will always be no.
    02-13-09 06:12 AM
    Never ever ever ever be completely honest with VZW. Seriously dude.
    This is getting a bit off topic from the original post, but I wanted to add a bit to my earlier post.

To be clear, when I activated my Env2 online, I did not have the option of adding insurance (at the time, I assumed the system was able to tell it was a used phone based on the ESN, therefore would not insure it). After activation, I called VZW and also visited a store to see if I COULD have insurance added if I wanted to and how long it would be available to me (I was still undecided if I really wanted it). I bought the phone for a great price and a cheap replacement could be purchased again if necessary...so insurance may not have been a good value for me on such a cheap phone. They never asked where I got it or whether it was new or used. They only asked how long ago I bought it (at the time it was less than a week). Then they accessed my account and were able to see it was used in their system (that is, it had been activated on another customer's line). I could not lie or otherwise convince them it was new. They simply said I cannot add insurance. Was I duped, lied to, or mislead? Not likely. Why would they not sell me insurance if they could? Were the folks I spoke with misinformed? Possibly.

When I visited more recently for the tech issue, they never asked where/how I bought it. They simply said you don't have insurance but we can replace it for $50.

How would lying have helped me?
    02-13-09 07:45 AM
    You should try the Torx fix, many were just over tightened. This does wonders for the clicking. I will trade you a curve for your storm
    02-13-09 07:56 AM
    I "downgraded" back to my curve and haven't looked back. The storm's software may never be right so I'm waiting for the next thing that comes out.
    02-13-09 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD