Since soo many people are dissappointed in their storms, and a lot of people will be returning them, what happens to these phones?

Its like there is a mass shortage, and then there is going to be a mass abundance of used phones being returned. what do they do with these?
    11-22-08 07:20 AM
    I would immagine they will get sent back to RIM to be factory refurbished then put backout into the market to be used as warranty replacement phones.
    11-22-08 07:26 AM
    yeah wat dcoy82 said is right, they aren't going to take the phone back and resell it, because who knows what that person did to the phone. Thats where taking a risk with refurbs comes in, majority of the time refurbs are returns, other times they are defects that are fixed and resold.

so in short, they send them back. so there won't be a huge abundance of the blackberry storm for a month or so.
    11-22-08 07:39 AM
    if you seriously dont like the phone, i would suggest selling it on ebay. these things are going for a hefty dollar. after you get the cash, just go back and buy another phone at full retail, you are gonna make a couple hundred bucks on the deal.
    11-22-08 07:54 AM
    if you seriously dont like the phone, i would suggest selling it on ebay. these things are going for a hefty dollar. after you get the cash, just go back and buy another phone at full retail, you are gonna make a couple hundred bucks on the deal.

And you do what with your contract? Eat it?
    11-22-08 08:05 AM
    And you do what with your contract? Eat it?
    Contract doesnt matter if you stay with Verizon. Go buy a Curve at full retail and you are all set.
    11-22-08 08:18 AM
    Or if you werent a new customer, hook ur old phone back up. If not, you can buy used bb's for decently cheap.
    11-22-08 08:38 AM
    Or, sell your Storm on Ebay for $500. Cancel your Verizon contract and pay the $175, you now have just made $325. If you were a NE2, then you got the phone for $150 and you still profit $175 (plus you still have a $50 giftcard coming)
    11-22-08 08:55 AM
    I was told that if I didn't activate the phone within 30 days I would be charged full retail for the phone.
    11-22-08 09:40 AM
    if you cancel your service within 30 days of upgrading a phone you will be required to either return the equipment or they will charge you the difference you paid and full retail price to make up the difference of the full retail price. so if you canceled your line within 30 days of upgrading to a storm they would get there 499.99 still. it'll show up as an equipment charge on your next bill. so you wont be making any money selling it. this is because people would start new contracts, buy phones at the discounted price and then cancel there service and sell the phones for the retail price.
    11-22-08 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD