A NEW STORM! That's right! Since getting it last friday, I've been very happy with it. I haven't had any major problems, like the ones discussed on this forum, but...one! The led status light! I know some of you hate the light, but, since there is no way to either escalate the ring tones or make them ring 2-3 times, I rely on that little annying blinking light. Whether its red, yellow, green, or even blue, it lets me know whats going on with my messgaes, etc.... So, all day yesterday and today, I've been having problems with this light. It would not tell me I have messages or even tell me I have coverage, it would just shut off!It would never come back on, till I would do a battery pull. I got so frustrated, that I decided to call verizon this morning. They told me no problem to get a replacement, but unfortunately, I would have to wait to DEC.8! I said, alright I will let know. I then decided to call 1-888-bestbuy. Orignally I bought the phone from BB, but the verizon rep. said it didn't matter. When I spoke to a rep from BB, I told him the problem, so I asked him to do a search in my area, to see if there were any available...yes there was! Right across the street of my job there is a bestbuy. They had 3. I hung up and ran there. I met the lady who sold me the one I'm bringing back, and I told her the problem and she took out the new storm. I looked at the side of the box, to see if I could see the date. By date, i mean its at the bottom, at the right lower corner. Once some told me, that cell phones are sent out in batches by date. Remembering this, I saw the date of "17/11/08". I looked at my box, whicxh I was returning, the date was "13/11/08". Wow, I said to myself, mine had the 13 and this one has the 17? could there be a difference in software, apps, or even how the phone functions?Anyway, it took me 15min to switch everything over and I was out the door. I had a new storm! When i got back to work, started to setup everything, I synced it, and set up all my settings. I just want to tell you guys something, maybe i'm nuts, but this not the same storm, i picked up on friday!The accelometer was much faster, even with vz navi., the apps opend faster, and the most important thing was, a less significant amount of lag! The led light works perfectly and the touch screen seems much more sensative. I also notice something else, i forgot were it was but, in one of the menus, there is a setup for an office conference call and another button in one of the menus that says, retore phone to facory settings??? I definiately didn't have these two other options on my previous storm!The reason I'm sharing this story is, what do you guys think, those the date of the phone, meaning later than earlier, have anything to do with what kind of phone you got. Is better?? Well from what i'm seeing, its definately night and day! What are your thoughts?
    11-25-08 06:54 PM
    Well not much input from me, I don't have my storm yet. lol!! BUT congrats on keeping it and getting a new one. I hope things work out well for you!
    11-25-08 07:09 PM
    great info! i don't have one but i would def look for the 17th on my box if i bought one
    11-25-08 07:20 PM
    WOW! Aren't you lucky.
    11-25-08 07:21 PM
    Well not much input from me, I don't have my storm yet. lol!! BUT congrats on keeping it and getting a new one. I hope things work out well for you!
    Thanks...good luck with yours, when you recieve it!
    11-25-08 07:22 PM
    I don't understand people who buy these things on the first day.

Wait a month, most likely these phones will be made better by then and the bugs will be ironed out.
    11-25-08 07:23 PM
    A NEW STORM! That's right! Since getting it last friday, I've been very happy with it. I haven't had any major problems, like the ones discussed on this forum, but...one! The led status light! I know some of you hate the light, but, since there is no way to either escalate the ring tones or make them ring 2-3 times, I rely on that little annying blinking light. Whether its red, yellow, green, or even blue, it lets me know whats going on with my messgaes, etc.... So, all day yesterday and today, I've been having problems with this light. It would not tell me I have messages or even tell me I have coverage, it would just shut off!It would never come back on, till I would do a battery pull. I got so frustrated, that I decided to call verizon this morning. They told me no problem to get a replacement, but unfortunately, I would have to wait to DEC.8! I said, alright I will let know. I then decided to call 1-888-bestbuy. Orignally I bought the phone from BB, but the verizon rep. said it didn't matter. When I spoke to a rep from BB, I told him the problem, so I asked him to do a search in my area, to see if there were any available...yes there was! Right across the street of my job there is a bestbuy. They had 3. I hung up and ran there. I met the lady who sold me the one I'm bringing back, and I told her the problem and she took out the new storm. I looked at the side of the box, to see if I could see the date. By date, i mean its at the bottom, at the right lower corner. Once some told me, that cell phones are sent out in batches by date. Remembering this, I saw the date of "17/11/08". I looked at my box, whicxh I was returning, the date was "13/11/08". Wow, I said to myself, mine had the 13 and this one has the 17? could there be a difference in software, apps, or even how the phone functions?Anyway, it took me 15min to switch everything over and I was out the door. I had a new storm! When i got back to work, started to setup everything, I synced it, and set up all my settings. I just want to tell you guys something, maybe i'm nuts, but this not the same storm, i picked up on friday!The accelometer was much faster, even with vz navi., the apps opend faster, and the most important thing was, a less significant amount of lag! The led light works perfectly and the touch screen seems much more sensative. I also notice something else, i forgot were it was but, in one of the menus, there is a setup for an office conference call and another button in one of the menus that says, retore phone to facory settings??? I definiately didn't have these two other options on my previous storm!The reason I'm sharing this story is, what do you guys think, those the date of the phone, meaning later than earlier, have anything to do with what kind of phone you got. Is better?? Well from what i'm seeing, its definately night and day! What are your thoughts?
    Tell us the os and platform please options----> about
    11-25-08 07:23 PM
    great info! i don't have one but i would def look for the 17th on my box if i bought one
    yes, look for it. Please let me know. This something I picked up through the years owning different phones. By the way like the name
    11-25-08 07:25 PM
    It's crazy that there's any left will all these people (including myself) that couldn't find one for the life of them on Saturday, let alone today!
    11-25-08 07:26 PM
    I don't understand people who buy these things on the first day.

Wait a month, most likely these phones will be made better by then and the bugs will be ironed out.
    your right, 100%, but some of us are just like kids...we have to have now!
    11-25-08 07:26 PM
    I have mine and I love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 07:28 PM
    I waited in line on Friday morning and yet, I also had a storm on hold at Best Buy, it is still there. My storm isn't functioning too well, I have the keypad issues in the corners, like many people here. I called Verizon CS this morning and they said that they will send me a new storm but it will be approx. 1-2 weeks until it arrives. Is there any way that I could go to Best Buy and swap it out even though I bought the phone from a Verizon retail store?
    11-25-08 07:30 PM
    Tell us the os and platform please options----> about
    Thats whats odd about it....No yellow sticker on the box, like was previously posted about rim/and crackberrys article on the "confusion of updated software being .82). The OS is 4.7.0.65/platform.82??Like I said before, I always look at the dates on the bar codes of the box. I know its "anal", but thats what I do!
    11-25-08 07:30 PM
    Hmm maybe the first one had platform .76????????
    11-25-08 07:33 PM
    mines 14/11/08 all works perfect and conference and restore factory settings are on there!
    11-25-08 07:34 PM
    I got mine the day it came out and the date is 171108 so it was made the same day as yours. I've had no problems with it. Mine was also made in Canada, where was your first one made and where was your new one made? Maybe that has something to do with it also. If you first one was made in Mex and the second one in Can then maybe Mex isn't making good ones.
    11-25-08 07:41 PM
    It's crazy that there's any left will all these people (including myself) that couldn't find one for the life of them on Saturday, let alone today!
    Like i said, called 1-888-bestbuy, they told me had 3 on hand. You have to keep checking everyday! They get shipments in everyday.
    11-25-08 07:41 PM
    Mine is 121108 and I have been having many issues with it

EDIT: AND it was made in Canada
    Last edited by yasuragi; 11-25-08 at 07:45 PM.
    11-25-08 07:42 PM
    I waited in line on Friday morning and yet, I also had a storm on hold at Best Buy, it is still there. My storm isn't functioning too well, I have the keypad issues in the corners, like many people here. I called Verizon CS this morning and they said that they will send me a new storm but it will be approx. 1-2 weeks until it arrives. Is there any way that I could go to Best Buy and swap it out even though I bought the phone from a Verizon retail store?
    That I couldn't tell you, since verizon is the one that puts out the phone, to different retailers, not the other way around. I had to show my receipt, that I purchased it from BB.
    11-25-08 07:44 PM
    Hmm maybe the first one had platform .76????????
    maybe, but it said 4.7.0.65/pl .82.
    11-25-08 07:46 PM
    mines 14/11/08 all works perfect and conference and restore factory settings are on there!
    Really! Wow, I forgot where i found them. I'm going to look and post it. Maybe others can check to see if they have it?
    11-25-08 07:48 PM
    I found the 'reset icon arrangement", which I never had on the first storm! Its in 'homescreen preferences". Go into the bb button, then bb again, hit options, scroll to the bottom. You will find what i just mentioned above. Thats 1, now I have to find the other.
    11-25-08 07:53 PM
    My 11/13/08 storm has the reset icon arrangement. I hadn't noticed that you could scroll down in that menu. Tell me where that other option is and I will check my storm for that. I'm glad your new storm is working out. I am thinking about returning mine as well to best buy but for a different reason.
    11-25-08 07:55 PM
    Which Best Buy on Long Island did you find them? My Storm is not too good right now.
    Last edited by Kingsley; 11-25-08 at 08:10 PM.
    11-25-08 07:58 PM
    I got mine the day it came out and the date is 171108 so it was made the same day as yours. I've had no problems with it. Mine was also made in Canada, where was your first one made and where was your new one made? Maybe that has something to do with it also. If you first one was made in Mex and the second one in Can then maybe Mex isn't making good ones.
    You know...thats a good point. I think i never checked, but this one is made in canada.
    11-25-08 08:08 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD