I guarantee trolls come from iphone forums over here and get the biggest kick out of getting under everyones skin...
    Right I'm sure iphone users are as insecure as people on this forum who need to mention "iphone" in every post.
    11-22-08 10:38 PM
    Devil's advocate here.

Everyone has a right to speak their mind and voice their opinions, whether you agree with the poster or not is irrelevant.

Everyone knows that there is nothing in the world that is going to please every person, so there are people who love the Storm and people who despise it.

I don't see anyone complaining about people start new threads stating how much the love the Storm, so there is no need to jump all over someone who says they don't like it.

I also don't see it as being fair to state it must be user error. It isn't as if he is the first person who has said the device has issues. If he doesn't wish to be as patient as others for the problems to be resolved, that's his choice.
    11-22-08 10:40 PM
    the storm is only as smart as its user
    WELL PUT my friend .. well put
    11-22-08 10:40 PM
    Yeah it can only get better seeing as how much the storm sucks

Yeah yeah... Storm sucks. iPhone rulez. Heh heh... heh...
    11-22-08 10:41 PM
    Yep you are right, being an MS Certified consultant, I do not know how to use electronic equipment, how did you guess.
    Sorry if you have to say this to defend your issues with using a phone already shows you more than likely cant use the phone.

What does being a MS Consultant do with using a touchscreen blackberry? Nothing, nothing at all...........

So you either could not use the storm or you have a defective one. Either way being certified with MS does not make you computer literate. I know plenty of MS certified people I would not allow to clean my mouse much less touch my computers.

Serious on the topic at hand. The issues you say you have I dont have one bit. Even when I picked up the phone on Friday. **** I even tried to use like I had no common sense but I still had no issues with it.

Yes there are some bugs but hey I already worked around them. I can type pretty fast on the virtual qwerty keyboard after setting the speed and sensitivty to the max. I think this will be resolved in an updated OS (You know like a service pack for all you MS certified consultants) which will resolve the issue.

But you know if I gave Vista the same short amount of time I would have gone back to XP and never looked back. But you know I am a big boy and I gave Vista a chance, it still sucks but I can use it and make it work for work and personal use with no issues.

Glad you are happy with your world phone that means there is one extra refurb unit now out there for someone who is capable of using this device.

Enjoy!!
    11-22-08 10:50 PM
    If I was you I would have gone right for the voice dialing convenience key, said my friends name, and whooped his *** in that speed calling contest!
    11-22-08 10:55 PM
    When I grow up, I wanna be as important as MedievalMad and need more than 9 presets for my important friends and "business associates". I just hit the "Contacts" button which I moved to the main screen when I set the phone up.

I feel bad for him since he had all those complaints, but it sounds like got a broken phone. Mine is not doing any of those things. For now, the Storm is great for my needs. I'm only 52.

Vista was great, too.
    11-22-08 10:55 PM
    @MedievalMad: I'm guessing you didn't actually CLICK the virtual button but merely tapped it. That plus the fact it was probably running the older firmware, and that ALL touchscreen phones on release suck in someway do to glitches isn't surprising. Why don't you wait for the firmware update before your 30days were up?
    Last edited by intay; 11-22-08 at 11:07 PM.
    11-22-08 11:04 PM
    I'm on record as being a storm hater but let me help you storm fanboys out. ..

Instead of posting 30+ replies in an "i hate the storm" thread, why don't you try ZERO replies? You just like foolish right about now.

You're welcome.
    11-22-08 11:14 PM
    Awww...now that was dumb. You should have kept it at least for the week. I dont understand some people...
    11-22-08 11:22 PM
    Oh well. LOL
    11-22-08 11:29 PM
    I did not keep the phone for at least a week because frankly I don't want to be bothered with it's cumbersome interface for phone calls for even one day. Maybe down the road I will revisit the phone, once it has had a bunch of firmware upgrades but until then I will stick with my old World Phone Blackberry.

Bottom line, I do not believe this phone should have been released with its current OS, it has put a bad taste in my mouth and many others as well. We will see what the future holds. Until then, the phone has been sent back to Verizon to be refurbished.
    11-22-08 11:38 PM
    I don't get it, if you don't want to be bothered then why bother us with the "I returned the storm" if you returned it ok fine sorry it wasn't for you. Then go to the iphone or Curve forum and talk about what phone you do have. Some of us still would like to get information on the storm and when it's coming to us in Canada and are excited and frankly all these I hate the storm post are not necessary. if you don't have it fine you dont need to share with us!! C--ya!

I did not keep the phone for at least a week because frankly I don't want to be bothered with it's cumbersome interface for phone calls for even one day. Maybe down the road I will revisit the phone, once it has had a bunch of firmware upgrades but until then I will stick with my old World Phone Blackberry.

Bottom line, I do not believe this phone should have been released with its current OS, it has put a bad taste in my mouth and many others as well. We will see what the future holds. Until then, the phone has been sent back to Verizon to be refurbished.
    11-22-08 11:49 PM
    Wish I could argue with him... All I can say is, I have a feeling that the 20th of December will be a sad day for RIM stock.
    Am I missing something? What's happening on the 20th?
    11-22-08 11:57 PM
    RIM has an earnings call on 12/18. Don't know anything about Saturday, December 20th...
    11-23-08 12:01 AM
    some one is having trackball withdrawl.... but so am i.

I am giving the phone a month and only just starting to like it after 36 hours with it.

The Storm is RIM's first consumer device, it won't appeal to everyone and as it is touchscreen speed of use is not going to be its strong point
    11-23-08 12:02 AM
    the ONLY problem i have had is with battery life and that was just on friday. today i got over 12 hours of use out it. i love this phone!!
    11-23-08 12:02 AM
    Instead of posting 30+ replies in an "i hate the storm" thread, why don't you try ZERO replies?
    Yeah, very strange. I wrote two POSITIVE reviews based on my 1 hour experience with the Storm and got NO replies.
    11-23-08 12:10 AM
    Yeah, very strange. I wrote two POSITIVE reviews based on my 1 hour experience with the Storm and got NO replies.
    ****... I posted a deal on cheap storm accessories and that thread dropped like a brick. I'm glad at least two ppl got some cheap micro usb cables.
    11-23-08 12:14 AM
    waited online for 2 hours in the cold for the storm, had issues returned it. Does anyone or did anyone else have these issues?

Day one
    1) screen turned black and white fuzz in the middle of an email
    2) while going through ringtones, whole unit did a restart

Less than 24 hours after I bought it...

3) finally, spent all day yesterday on the phone with tech support, 2 trips to the Verizon store, they agreed the unit was defective. The touch screen lasted less than 24 hours, maybe a software issue which they checked was the latest version. The screen would work for 10 minutes or so after you took the battery out, then you could not click on other options, scroll or do anything. The buttons on the bottom did work though.

Reactivated 3 times, could get to dialing *228 send, then couldn't get the keyboard to even press 1 to activate.

Very frustrated, now I have to wait until 12/15 or so for a replacement.

Back to my 8830.

If anyone else has issues, would be interested to hear it.
    11-23-08 09:36 AM
    Yep you are right, being an MS Certified consultant, I do not know how to use electronic equipment, how did you guess.
    Being an MS certified consultant means absolutely crap to me!
    I've been working in IT support for almost 8 years now, worked at the helpdesk of one of the worlds largest PC manufacturers at CORPORATE support, dealing with system admins, asking me the most lame questions, such as installing a network printer and such.
    I'm MS certified as well (multiple MCP's), this does not make me a wizard or genius who can operate any device without looking in to it for a few days.

You don't like it, it wasn't what you expected, you're back to your old phone, good for you! I hope there will be a phone in the near future that does suit your needs and does live up to your expectations.
    Now everyone who thinks like you, please stick to one thread, maybe two, so people who do want genuine, useful information can actually FIND some!
    11-23-08 09:48 AM
    waited online for 2 hours in the cold for the storm, had issues returned it. Does anyone or did anyone else have these issues?

Day one
    1) screen turned black and white fuzz in the middle of an email
    2) while going through ringtones, whole unit did a restart

Less than 24 hours after I bought it...

3) finally, spent all day yesterday on the phone with tech support, 2 trips to the Verizon store, they agreed the unit was defective. The touch screen lasted less than 24 hours, maybe a software issue which they checked was the latest version. The screen would work for 10 minutes or so after you took the battery out, then you could not click on other options, scroll or do anything. The buttons on the bottom did work though.

Reactivated 3 times, could get to dialing *228 send, then couldn't get the keyboard to even press 1 to activate.

Very frustrated, now I have to wait until 12/15 or so for a replacement.

Back to my 8830.

If anyone else has issues, would be interested to hear it.
    I haven't heard of any issues like this before. It still sounds like it's the firmware since the buttons on the bottom worked. What version of the firmware was on it? It sounds older then the .65 one.
    11-23-08 03:37 PM
    I don't have the problems you mentioned, so I'm guessing it's user error. That's fine, the iPhone is made for people like you. Good luck with whatever you end up with.
    You make it sound like the iPhone was made for idiots. People like you?
    11-23-08 03:40 PM
    Please RIM, stick to what you know best and that is providing serious business people with serious tool and not going after the casual market. The Storm would be fine if it did not say Blackberry on it. That name means something, the Storm is diminishing that name.

Back in the day, Cadillac was the "World Standard", now look at it![/QUOTE]

OK so its offical, this guy is a pud, Cadillac is still a great car and the designs and "curves" no pun intended......... Look amazing on those new cars and blackberry is still and always be the leader in business devices as well as fun devices... So get in your geo Prizm, go buy your I phone and stop trying to shake people up. The storm is a great handsett it was just released to early. it will get fixed.
    11-23-08 03:58 PM
    You make it sound like the iPhone was made for idiots. People like you?
    I think he means the IPhone was made for children and simpletons.

Which I agree with.
    11-23-08 04:02 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD