I am not a hater, I wanted to love this phone, I just could not. Forgetting all the bugs, and sluggishness, forgetting how the damn thing would get stuck when playing a song, forgetting the fact that that click suspension will likely wear out pretty quickly, I could not forgive the fact that you could not easilly see your favorite contacts in any way shape or form. It was back to remembering who I had attached to each of my 9 (are you kidding me nine presets) preset phone numbers.

Did a little test today, on the count of three my friend and I raced to see who could call the other first, we were sitting at a stoplight (he has a first gen iPhone), I had just gotten to the phone screen and was opening the keyboard screen when my phone rang, guess who it was. Oh yeah, then I had to hit the receive virtual button three times before I gave up and just hit the hard green receive button (twice) to get it to answer.

Look, all you iPhone haters, and Blackberry lemmings, get over it. The touch screen Blackberry at this point sucks! Frankly I am thrilled to be back on my Blackberry World Phone and am not getting an iPhone.

I wanted to love the Storm, but in the end it turned out to be a PERFECT STORM OF CRAP!
    11-22-08 10:16 PM
    u feel better now after your little tantrum?
    11-22-08 10:18 PM
    I am not a hater, I wanted to love this phone, I just could not. Forgetting all the bugs, and sluggishness, forgetting how the damn thing would get stuck when playing a song, forgetting the fact that that click suspension will likely wear out pretty quickly, I could not forgive the fact that you could not easilly see your favorite contacts in any way shape or form. It was back to remembering who I had attached to each of my 9 (are you kidding me nine presets) preset phone numbers.

Did a little test today, on the count of three my friend and I raced to see who could call the other first, we were sitting at a stoplight (he has a first gen iPhone), I had just gotten to the phone screen and was opening the keyboard screen when my phone rang, guess who it was. Oh yeah, then I had to hit the receive virtual button three times before I gave up and just hit the hard green receive button (twice) to get it to answer.

Look, all you iPhone haters, and Blackberry lemmings, get over it. The touch screen Blackberry at this point sucks! Frankly I am thrilled to be back on my Blackberry World Phone and am not getting an iPhone.

I wanted to love the Storm, but in the end it turned out to be a PERFECT STORM OF CRAP!
    I don't have the problems you mentioned, so I'm guessing it's user error. That's fine, the iPhone is made for people like you. Good luck with whatever you end up with.
    11-22-08 10:19 PM
    second post...hmmm...wonder what that means. and your friend just got his iphone yesterday too...and he already has it down.
    11-22-08 10:22 PM
    Does everyone really need to start a new thread for this?

Get over yourself.
    11-22-08 10:22 PM
    the storm is only as smart as its user
    11-22-08 10:23 PM

Glad to hear your happy! But why you
    I don't have the problems you mentioned, so I'm guessing it's user error. That's fine, the iPhone is made for people like you. Good luck with whatever you end up with.
    LOL! I don't have those problems either.

User error. Precisely.
    Wish I could argue with him... All I can say is, I have a feeling that the 20th of December will be a sad day for RIM stock.
    11-22-08 10:24 PM
    I guarantee trolls come from iphone forums over here and get the biggest kick out of getting under everyones skin...
    11-22-08 10:25 PM
    Yep you are right, being an MS Certified consultant, I do not know how to use electronic equipment, how did you guess.

Seriously, so many people bashed Vista when it came out, yet so many people are defending this steaming pile. The OS on this sucks! I am not an Apple fan (gee wonder why) but I will admit that the iPhone is vastly superior to the Storm. I will also state that I believe the World Phone or the Curve is vastly superior as a communication device to the iPhone. As a toy/media player the iPhone of course is superior.

Please RIM, stick to what you know best and that is providing serious business people with serious tool and not going after the casual market. The Storm would be fine if it did not say Blackberry on it. That name means something, the Storm is diminishing that name.

Back in the day, Cadillac was the "World Standard", now look at it!
    11-22-08 10:25 PM
    Yep you are right, being an MS Certified consultant...
    BOWING DOWN

Cause we all know MS has the BEST OS ever.
    11-22-08 10:27 PM
    Mine works fine, hope everything works out for you.
    I guarantee trolls come from iphone forums over here and get the biggest kick out of getting under everyones skin...
    Hey *****... read my entire post. I wanted to love the Storm, I LOVE MY WORLD PHONE! Not a fan of the iPhone, in fact I hate the iPhone because it is a toy in my opinion, one that can not have the battery replaced or memory expanded.... The Storm as a piece of hardware is fine, it is the operating system that SUCKS!
    Yeah maybe he can go get a Palm Centro. I haven't had any problems with it either. I don't know what the fuss is about.
    11-22-08 10:29 PM
    Look, all you iPhone haters, and Blackberry lemmings, get over it. The touch screen Blackberry at this point sucks!
    You did not give yourself ample time to get used to a brand new type of cellphone in a market inundated with copycats. I'm glad to hear you're happy now, but the loss is truly on you, not us. The fact that you took the time to make sure everybody knew it speaks volumes to your tolerance of new technology. I love my Storm and know about six people right off the bat that would've scrambled to take yours off of you.
    11-22-08 10:29 PM
    HAHAHA no way guys he's MS Certified!! watch out! You could have said you built the phone by hand and i would still tell you that you must suck at using it.
    11-22-08 10:30 PM
    +1

This is my first blackberry and I have had a great time getting to know this phone.

Most of the criticism I have read on this site seems to center around the fact that this phone is not an iPhone.

Why would RIM release this phone to work the same as the iphone? If they did then we all may as well all go and get a damn iphone.

Anyway, good luck with your older style BB and have fun sitting by the sidelines as the rest of us evolve with what appears to be a very promising OS in the end. The more I use and explore this phone the better it seems to get.
    11-22-08 10:31 PM
    I don't believe a word you say..
    If you wanted to have a list of commonly called contacts why not create a category in your contacts and assign that specific category to those contacts. Then when you enter your contacts you can filter on whatever category you want. You could do this for numerous different categories that you create
    Hey *****... read my entire post. I wanted to love the Storm, I LOVE MY WORLD PHONE! Not a fan of the iPhone, in fact I hate the iPhone because it is a toy in my opinion, one that can not have the battery replaced or memory expanded.... The Storm as a piece of hardware is fine, it is the operating system that SUCKS!
    How long have you had the storm? I mean really you couldnt try it out for a month and return it then? who knows maybe rim will release a update in the next week or so that would of fixed what ever bug yours had...or you just got a defaulty storm.. When i got my iphone i went through three before i got one whose battery would give me more than just three hours usage. You should of given it some time if anything you have had yours two days if that. Thats not really giving a thying a try. Would you dump your gf after one argument?
    I like that. Very accurate.

And as great as the Storm is now, it will only improve!!
    11-22-08 10:34 PM
    .... Would you dump your gf after one argument?
    Of course not, I would shoot her.
    11-22-08 10:35 PM
    Yep you are right, being an MS Certified consultant, I do not know how to use electronic equipment, how did you guess.

Seriously, so many people bashed Vista when it came out, yet so many people are defending this steaming pile. The OS on this sucks! I am not an Apple fan (gee wonder why) but I will admit that the iPhone is vastly superior to the Storm. I will also state that I believe the World Phone or the Curve is vastly superior as a communication device to the iPhone. As a toy/media player the iPhone of course is superior.

Please RIM, stick to what you know best and that is providing serious business people with serious tool and not going after the casual market. The Storm would be fine if it did not say Blackberry on it. That name means something, the Storm is diminishing that name.

Back in the day, Cadillac was the "World Standard", now look at it!
    As a microsoft consultant (MCSE NT 4.0, MCITP:SA 2008) I am still not experiencing these issues. Yes the OS has it's issues, but it came out yesterday. Tell me how your iPhone faired on it's first day. I dislike the argument "compare the storm to the 1G iPhone", because that is not the market. Compared to the iPhone, the Storm is a better business tool, period. Even with the bugs. Setting up an iPhone on an Exchange server is a PITA, you should know that. I don't care if you're talkig about 2003 or 2007, it sucks.

If you don't like the Storm and don't feel it's as good as a Bold, then great, get a Bold. But to try to say that the storm shouldn't exist because the iPhone meets everyone's needs in a touch device is ludicrous at best. RIM's job is to make money, not make the same device over and over again. We'll see which phone is better in 3 months, but for right now, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Get over yourself, and grab an iPhone.
    11-22-08 10:36 PM
    I like that. Very accurate.

And as great as the Storm is now, it will only improve!!
    Yeah it can only get better seeing as how much the storm sucks
    11-22-08 10:36 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD