That's why I said some

Like I said in another post.....the level of intelligent convo on this forum goes down by the day and has since the Storm launch unfortunately. I realize WHY and that it would happen on any forum with the launch of a major device...but it's honestly disheartening.

If CB wasn't such a good source of info when some people aren't trying to be d*cks and aren't trying to be funny through rude comments....I would be long gone (sorry if that's hard to follow...kinda long).
    I don't take myself tooooo serious.
    I ignore the rude folks and forgive and move on.
    But I do like to have fun too and hopefully
    not at someones expense.
    12-18-08 03:43 PM
    agreed, and I'm the same way. I love to joke around on here, but some people don't seem to understand the difference between joking around and being a major a-hole. And it's not just one or two, it's a good handful of people.
    12-18-08 03:44 PM
    Except copy and paste is a complete pain in the b-u-tt (that is a bad word Crackberry?..lol i got asterisked) to use...i've yet to successfully copy something from an email (say a registration number for some software) and paste it into my browser without copying either WAY too much or not enough...its totally useless to me my curve and 8830 were a lot easier to use.

Really? Not to doubt you or anything, but cut and paste is cave man simple on the berry. I use it all time and never have any problems. Oh and to the OP. Not to be a ****, but why even post this when you know what will happen? Funny reading though
    12-18-08 03:47 PM
    That's why I said some

Like I said in another post.....the level of intelligent convo on this forum goes down by the day and has since the Storm launch unfortunately. I realize WHY and that it would happen on any forum with the launch of a major device...but it's honestly disheartening.

If CB wasn't such a good source of info when some people aren't trying to be d*cks and aren't trying to be funny through rude comments....I would be long gone (sorry if that's hard to follow...kinda long).
    I'm wondering what the demographic is for Storm users. I have a pretty good idea based on your observations (which are correct) It explains the "10 year old" syndrome your seeing.

There's a big difference from this forum to the Curve, Bold etc etc forums.
    12-18-08 03:51 PM
    Cool. I'll send you a picture message from my Storm. Oh wait...
    The iPhone can picture mail. =)

Who said it cant?
    12-18-08 04:23 PM
    I had iPhone 1st gen then got iPhone 3G. I returned it and got Blackberry Storm and iPod Touch. All apps that I had on my iPhone now have on iPod Touch so don't miss crappy AT&T service and all issues with iPhone not running apps in background, no MMS, no copy and paste, no file attachments to emails, and Apps that need to be approved by Apple. Email on iPhone is also not reliable.

I seen something very interesting today with Storm that would never happen with iPhone. Although there is navigation app from Verizon there is also one from Garmin that can be installed on the phone.

Apple will never approve products for App store that compete with their products. I think that its a shame that Apple decides what will be installed on the phone that you purchased. Apple should stick with iPods that is really what their thing is.

If you think about the features of the iPhone that people get the iPhone for what you get is iPod Touch. The phone/messaging features are really below average comparing to even Razor but people get iPhone because of the App Store which makes no sense to me.
    Dude maybe not everybody has the same taste as you and prefer the iphone , what is wrong with that or you think the whole world should be using blackberries.
    12-18-08 04:32 PM
    That's not surprising at all.

And to the OP, you should've gotten the Bold. It's 3 times the phone the IPhone ever will be.
    Don't make me laugh.
    12-18-08 04:39 PM
    you say its fixed then why do people still bicker about it on the apple forums ...

yes I have a account and yes i answer questions...

on there as well..

so no it wasnt completely fixed

my backup still takes about 12 minutes.. I do have a edge version so it might be better on the 3g but there is still people barking about it ..
    People bicker just like people bicker on these forums, they come here to complain when they have a problem with their phones.
    12-18-08 04:47 PM
    I had the original Iphone which I loved but had to get rid off because:

1) When using EDGE, you could not get phone calls while downloading on the web

2) I had a Verizon family plan so I was paying for calls that used to be free and 90% of my calls were to Verizon phones

So, since i had kept my Verizon number, I switched to the Voyager. The touch screen lags and the browser was not close to the Safari....so when I bought my Son the Dare, I got one too and let mew tell you that the Dare is a great dumbphone...browser is fast on rev. A....only complaint was that sites with mobile pages loaded as mobile pages...I wanted full desktop NYTIMES, ESPN, CNN etc. There is a way to get in on the Dare, but it is not perfect.

So when I saw the Storm, i wanted it...I watched for months as rumors flew...tracked the progress on the blogs...one early shot of the keyboard showed a 3d type lettering with the letters on a button that were not raised, but appeared to be so...got excited with every spy shot and when the dummy came out....bought it....first one was replaced yesterday and the new replacement works great.

When I had the Iphone, ATT service and coverage was awful. With Verizon, i really feel that the only place where wifi is sorely missing is when watching youtube and you know what? My youtube experience is not bad at all with the Storm.
    With the 3g you can do this, with Verizon phones you can't do this.
    12-18-08 04:48 PM
    They both have their strong points and weak points. It depends on what you want.
    12-18-08 04:49 PM
    I could give a sh*t what kind of smartphone user you think I am. An yes, I have always liked the iphone, starting the minute I got one, which was about 6 days ago. And, as for (lame) excuses, you asked a question and I answered. Why you presume to think you're worthy of me wasting the time to come up with excuses for is beyond me. I wanted an iphone so i bought an iphone af if that necessitates me not being a blackberry guy in your eyes, then so be it. It breaks my heart, but i'll live. Cheers.
    Dude well said, I don't know what Blackberry users have against the iphone, its a freaking phone. When you go to other smartphone phones you don't hear this much hate from the Android guys even the Win Mo guys Even on the Apple forums, you hardly hear them talking about blackberries, most of them don't even care, they just appreciate their phones for the most part, it seems most people here spend most of their time hating the iphone, I mean come on, its a freaking phone.
    12-18-08 05:03 PM
    I wish I could do something like this.

But AT&T service blows around here compared to Verizons, and I am on my parents share plan, so they pay for it, and if i switch I will have to pay 600 dollars and then the price for the phone and the monthly fee myself, since they wont let my mom pay for AT&T's service also.

I would rather have an iPhone 3G at this point, the build quality is much higher than the Storm's current build, but that may change.

So I will have to stick it out unfortunately.

On top of that, I don't really believe that the iPhone is a Smartphone anyways.
    LOL, if it's not a smartphone then what is?
    12-18-08 05:05 PM
    I certainly can, goofball. You can't MMS, buit you can email. And, as I don't know you well enough to have your number then clearly you would want me to send it to your crackberry email which is quite doable with the iphone and thuse renders your post erroneous.
    No you can't. Iphone sucks. Its for girls. Watch the sex & the city movie and tell me what phone the oldest chick is using.....iphone- the phone for vaginas and metrosexuals.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 05:28 PM
    I don't get why all the iPhone hate. I have both the Storm and iPhone as I am trying to figure out which to keep. They are both great phones and I don't see why people have to outright bash either one.

Email

I feel the iPhone presents emails better than the storm. I guess this is because the iPhone has a better handle on HTML? I have emails from work that come through on the Storm and they don't fit in the screen well at all. Also I received some emails from my gmail account and the iPhone displays the emails as they should, the Storm sometimes separates out all the pictures and makes it look like a mess. They both get my corporate email at the same time so there is no winner in the "PUSH" battle.

Typing

This is really close. I love how fast I am on the iPhone I mean when you only have to barely touch the screen you can type very fast. I am getting the Storm down and using the suretype I am starting to fly but always feel I might be a bit slower on the Storm do to having to physically press down. Either way, it's too close to call I could live with either one.

Accelerometer

For me the Storm rotates faster but it also seems to be more sensitive. I sometimes like to set my phone in front of me while working and just look at it in portrait mode but a lot of the times the phone will go into landscape mode when I set it down. I want this as I like to use suretype in portrait mode.

This is by no means a review just some early thoughts. I have been switching back and forth for a few days now and the Storm is leading by a slim margin. I do love the apps my iPhone has they all interface really well and have a lot of polish.

Either way I go, I know I will be happy and those that choose one or the other will be too. Just enjoy the phone that does what you need it to.
    12-18-08 06:03 PM
    LOL true that! You also won't be able to record anything, don't know if that's something you care to do.

Good luck w/ your Iphone
    But at least when he gets the message, he can file it away. Oh, maybe not
    12-18-08 06:05 PM
    Glad you took it pleasantly. The Firefox browser with its auto spell checker is the 'tits' and it works even when using the 'Quote' feature on boards.
    How could I not, I was totally busted.
    12-19-08 11:00 AM
    I was just havin fun was all; hey if u don't get good reception; you would be crazy not to change.....................
    I would do it too.
    BTW I cant smoke a joint or drink; smoke one for me.
    Hold it exxxxxxxtra long k; choke a lil bit. Head ruuuuuuuush.
    Not good at it anymore

ps If I crack on anyone or anything it is not to be mean spirited.
    I know, i realized that after reading some of your other posts.

I can't smoke anything at the moment either, but i'll certainly down a few tequilla's in your honor.
    12-19-08 11:01 AM
167 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD