What do you think the percentage is of people who got replacement storms for defected originals that don't log onto crackberry?

I'm beginning to think that users of this site, including me, have become wayyyyyy too anal about this phone and are in search of the perfect storm, which clearly doesn't exist. What do you guys think?
    01-14-09 08:43 PM
    I agree, the perfect Storm doesn't exist. Of course if your device is way outside of the norm I would definitely say replace it. I had to. But the 2nd device has worked waayyy better. I think that people shouldn't settle for a faulty device, but replacing it four and five times is probably a bit excessive. IMO
    01-14-09 08:50 PM
    I've fallen into that trap of replacing it multiple times. But I had reasons. I'm kinda regretting replacing my 2nd one, maybe I could have prevented the end key becoming so loose, but we'll see how this new one goes.
    01-14-09 08:51 PM
    Yeah, I feel like a LOT of replacements are a result of hopping online, finding something on here that you realize your own phone also has, and then returning it even though you never would have noticed on your own.
    01-14-09 08:55 PM
    You guys definitely make each other neurotic. I can't help but laugh when I hear someone replacing their phone because of a gap around the screen.
    01-14-09 08:58 PM
    haha well ive never replaced from gaps, but that would be quite absurd.
    01-14-09 09:03 PM
    I also have to agree with you about the perfect Storm. I believe there will come a day that the Storm will find its own niche. In regards to Crackberry. I been a Blackberry user for 4 years now and been reading post all the time and after I got the Storm (and 2 Macs to complicate things more) it made me think about educating my self better and the best place for me to go was Crackberry.

All users new and ancient should come here to learn and give insight.

There should be more websites as good as this on the web!!!!

I'm Lucky I'm still on my First Storm.
    01-14-09 09:03 PM
    I would imagine that some people with the phone that don't have Hardware issues, and are software issues some that do not check this site or others to get all whiny about the OS would keep the phone. I know quite a few people that don't even know that they CAN update the OS, that why should they assume that the phone is not perfect the way that RIM and VZW wanted it to be. Just my guess.
    01-14-09 09:05 PM
    I often wonder the same thing as the OP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 09:09 PM
    I've met some people with clicking issues on the side of their screen that just don't care enough to replace it =\
    01-14-09 09:17 PM
    What do you think the percentage is of people who got replacement storms for defected originals that don't log onto crackberry?

I'm beginning to think that users of this site, including me, have become wayyyyyy too anal about this phone and are in search of the perfect storm, which clearly doesn't exist. What do you guys think?
    I know a least 5 people, my buddy and his friend, my brother and his coworker, and my other friend who have Storms where there is a speck of dust or the bottom left of the screen travels a millimeter less than the other side of the phone and they are completely orgasmic about the phone and none of them frequent this forum.

I on the other hand had to use the torx screw method and the business card trick in order to be satisfied. Now after reading the other thread posts about dust, even though I have no dust, and my screen not clicking PERFECTLY I think I have fallen in to the "PERFECT STORM SYNDROME." I will take it to my local Verizon store and yell at them about the screen not clicking perfectly and tell them that the people at Crackberry.com are reporting the same issue. I will then ask them for a brand new unit cause god forbid I get a refurbished unit when I paid $150 after rebates for a brand new unit. I don't care if I had the phone for more than 30 days, Verizon better replace it with a new one and I don't care if the diffference between screen clicks is in my head and they can't see it. I bought it new and I should get a new one, even if a year from now it is discontinued. Verizon and RIM should make me one new cause I paid for a new one.

Really?.... Really?

This post made me an Abuser. YES!!!
    01-14-09 09:25 PM
    In addition to what you all have already said, I wonder how much can be attributed to the use of leaked updates. I've read with amusement several rants about things I do not experience, but then notice their status is "newbie" and they are using a leaked OS.

Here's your sign! lol
    01-14-09 09:34 PM
    In addition to what you all have already said, I wonder how much can be attributed to the use of leaked updates. I've read with amusement several rants about things I do not experience, but then notice their status is "newbie" and they are using a leaked OS.

Here's your sign! lol
    I don't know if someone with "newbie" status should really be loading a leaked OS. Maybe it is ok if you are willing to work through problems but if you can't do that then go back to an official update that way you can go an yell at a Verizon rep
    01-14-09 09:43 PM
    I posed this question on another thead and guessed that 50% of all Storms bought by Crackies (including replacements) are returned vs. 5% for everyone else. So I'm guessing the return rate is 10x as frequent and I think I'm being conservative. I bet it's more.

01-14-09 10:45 PM
    You know I have been thinking about posting something like this for a little bit. I have two friends who bought the storm on release day. Both are on phone #1 and only one has done the OTA update. They have both said they love the storm and have never had a problem.
    01-14-09 10:48 PM
    I have only done one upgrade. This week i'm noticing more dropped calls, Red Led indicator acting possesed for no reason, and I haven't downloaded anything recently. Go figure.
    01-14-09 11:18 PM
    I could have one with the worst software bugs and glitches imaginable, but if it had a perfectly clicking screen and tight buttons, id never get rid of it.
    01-15-09 12:39 AM
    I've only ever replaced my phone due to dust, but I know a lot of others have as well and know that my local VZW has dealt with a lot of returns on this issue alone. I would say the return rate is pretty high, CB members or not.
    01-15-09 01:43 AM
    I replaced mine 5 times. the first one, the screen wasn't responsive, as in i was pressing everywhere, nothing would happen. 2nd, the screen crunched and the dust was rediculous. 3rd had the same problem as the 1st. 4th liked to reboot on its own (no matter what OS I ran) and finally the perfect one was the 5th. I didn't exchange a device purely by what was said on here though, I'd make my own assumptions and then go from there.
    01-15-09 01:48 AM
    Seems like every CB member that own a Storm has exchanged or returned their device. I bet the return rate for a non-forum member is much much less.
    01-15-09 02:00 AM
    From what I've read in this thread, seems all the Storm owners who return their phones are using Verizon's 9530.

I've got a Vodafone 9500, and so far, have not experienced any of the hardware problems, so either I'm extremely lucky, or it's the 9530-model that has problems.
    01-15-09 03:54 AM
    Ive only just signed up and Im on just about on my 3rd. My first one had a dead pixel, second had a huge chunk of visible dust under the screen. I like my second, but I expect something that I just pulled out of the box to be perfect and not to have a defect before I even touch it. If I have problems with the third, I'll be junking it
    01-15-09 05:51 AM
    Two local VZW employees (one at a kiosk, the other at Corporate) told me they tried the Storm but ended up going with a different phone. Corporate employee had no problem telling me his .02; that it was too buggy, and released to the public before it should have been.

His words, not mine. Just sayin'.
    01-15-09 05:59 AM
    Seems like every CB member that own a Storm has exchanged or returned their device. I bet the return rate for a non-forum member is much much less.
    False assumption...never returned mine

On another note...returning for dust??? You guys realize dust will never go away right? Dust is everywhere and its our own fault anyway

01-15-09 06:49 AM
    the bottom right of my screen is not "clicking" very well thinking about getting a replacement but i have everything set the way i feel is perfect for me and i'd hate to have to g threw all that again especially setting all the tones and all that . . . what do you guys think i should do?
    01-15-09 07:24 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD