I bought $199 to for one deal... but I had Verizon give me one Storm and one Curve.

My girlfriend got the Storm, and I got the Curve.

I'm certainly enjoying her Storm. I am starting to "get it" in terms of how to use the screen. It is much easier on my eyes. The photographs are much better, as well. The YouTube thing is amazing!

We don't burden the Storm w/ tons of programs. It has not ever "rebooted" itself.

I think I have noticed a brief freeze when I'm pressing and clicking around on occasion. Also, taking videos is unreliable for clips longer than :30 sec or so.

The upcoming Verizon blackberries look very cool, but I think I've missed that boat. The Storm will be the most inexpensive way for me to experience the latest generation software. I just started a two year contract, so unless you know of a cool way for me to get those newer BBs, then I'll assume this is it.

Anyway, I'm nearing the end of my 30 day trial and I'm considering trading Curve for the Storm.

Questions:
    * Is there a restocking fee at Verizon to turn in the Curve?
    * I'm not the most delicate person, should I get the $6/mo insurance?
    * I'm afraid of the oft suggested upgrade-leaks ... shouldn't Verizon be out with a software upgrade soon? (maybe I'll try a leaked upgrade... maybe)

Thanks for any help.
    05-16-09 07:30 AM
    Questions:
    * Is there a restocking fee at Verizon to turn in the Curve?
    * I'm not the most delicate person, should I get the $6/mo insurance?
    * I'm afraid of the oft suggested upgrade-leaks ... shouldn't Verizon be out with a software upgrade soon? (maybe I'll try a leaked upgrade... maybe)

Thanks for any help.
    1. I dont think you'll have to pay any restocking fee, cant say im 100% sure tho.

2. Definitely get the insurance, its a matter of you paying $50 for another Storm or over $200 full price for a wack lil flip phone at Verizon, that you'll have to use until ur eligible for an upgrade

3. Dont worry about the leaks just yet. I was a huge advocate for leaks before I got my Storm in January. Then I got my Storm and used it for a few weeks with the original, and realized I had no need for a leak! The original OS works great on some ppl's phones, and I happen to be one of those ppl. The leaks are not perfect; there's a reason they failed testing. They have issues too, just different issues than the original. If you use the original and don't have many problems, then its apparent that its issues are not ones that affect your actions with the phone. That being the case, stick with it until another original is released. The leaks may very well affect an aspect of the phone thats important to your usage.

Try your original first...it may be your friend.
    05-16-09 07:38 AM
    Thanks...

So, well this Storm even exist in a year?... or will the potential "replacement" be a Storm2?

As I wait for the Verizon store to open, I'm trying to figure out how to make the girlfriend's Storm show me upcoming appointments on the home screen (like I have on my Curve).

I don't want to have to get into the calendar every time. Is there an easy way to make that happen?

And I think I heard of a $35 restocking fee... hope not. But I might eat it anyway.
    05-16-09 07:46 AM
    I do believe there is a restocking fee. Don't know how much it is. For your calender question, there are themes you can get that will display your upcoming calender events on the home screen.
    I agree with trying the official os on the phone when you get it, it may work just fine for you.
    05-16-09 08:04 AM
    2. Definitely get the insurance, its a matter of you paying $50 for another Storm or over $200 full price for a wack lil flip phone at Verizon, that you'll have to use until ur eligible for an upgrade
    The new deductable is $89.00 for "smart" devices for new customers.
    05-16-09 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD