OK, at the risk of sounding like an *****, I have to ask:
    I have searched everywhere and can't figure out how to retrieve/listen to an archived voice mail. Anyone know? I cant find an option in the program to open the saved voice mail files.
    11-22-08 08:36 PM
    I don't know if there's an "option" for it. You have to locate the "visual voicemail" icon. I think it's originally in the Applications folder. Open it, install it, agree to pay the $2.99/month and you should be good to go. My saved messages just showed up when I did that. If you've already done that, I don't really know where else to go.
    11-22-08 08:59 PM
    I have VVM installed. I used the archive feature to save some VM's. Problem is, how inthe world do you retrieve the archived Voice Mails after yoy first save them, then delete the original? I can see the archived messages in the folder, but there is no way I can find to actually listen to them on the BB.
    Anyone??
    11-23-08 05:35 AM
    well... I haven't done it yet however I have sent it to a email address on a computer in which case I had to download a special player to play it.

I would think you could just click on it and it would open... once again I have never archived yet so im not positive.
    11-23-08 06:14 AM
    Thats the thing. There is nothing to click. Once you archive it to a folder, I can't figure out how you access the folder or file. I tried the default "save" folder and also the SD card. I am waiting for a call from VZW tech support because they didnt know how to do it either. Can you believe that? I won't hold my breath for that call back.lol
    11-23-08 10:21 AM
    I really have no idea, and I haven't gotten my BB yet, but is there a sounds folder? Perhaps it is saved there, or to a media folder.
    11-23-08 11:01 AM
    bump...anyone??
    11-23-08 06:27 PM
    I archived my visual voice mail and found it in my music folder under the media icon
    12-14-08 01:37 PM
    I can't seem to move it from there...not much good having voice mails mixed in with all your music?
    12-14-08 01:54 PM
    The same thing is happening to me!!! When I archive it I select the media card to save it to and then try to save it into voicenotes. However, when I go look for it, it always ends up in the music section. I dont want it to be with my music. Is anyone else having this issue?
    12-17-08 01:28 PM
    Try using Aerize file explorer, that might help find the file and search the directories a little easier.
    12-17-08 01:54 PM
    Try using Aerize file explorer, that might help find the file and search the directories a little easier.
    I did some research on this, but how will this keep it from sending to my music folder when I archive? I am sleecting sd card, blackberry, then voicenotes, and it just sends it to music.
    12-17-08 03:24 PM
    My fix was to create a folder on my SD card. Name it whatever you want. Then when you save the VVM, save it to that folder. Then open media, hit the BB button and choose "explore." Go to the newly created folder and you will see your VVM file. Click it and it plays.
    12-17-08 04:42 PM
    My fix was to create a folder on my SD card. Name it whatever you want. Then when you save the VVM, save it to that folder. Then open media, hit the BB button and choose "explore." Go to the newly created folder and you will see your VVM file. Click it and it plays.
    I know this is probably a dumb question, but how do I create a folder on my SD card?
    12-17-08 04:57 PM
    One way, as I did, was to connect the BB to your computer, explore the drive shown for your sd card, and navigate to the Blackberry folder where you will see several folders such as music, documents etc. You can create a new folder here in the normal fashion. For windows, right click/choose new folder/name it and your done. then when you go to save your next message, navigate to that folder on the sd card and save it there.
    12-17-08 07:37 PM
    Excellent. Worked for me thanks
    12-17-08 09:14 PM
    Thanks so much! This worked perfectly. I am loving the phone more and more as I get all the kinks worked out.
    12-18-08 02:48 PM
    glad I was able to help.
    12-18-08 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD