So I had some photos on my media card but never transfered them to my PC or did any kind of a backup. I had some issues with some Rhapsody files on my media card so I did a format in order to get my music files working again. I know it was a rookie mistake in not copying my files over from the media card, but all I had on my mind was syncing the music files. Anyway, I think I already know the answer to this question, but was wondering if there is any possible way that the DM saves files as "backup" even though I don't have any .ipd to restore from? I did a search on my PC for any .jpg files but no luck. I was hoping that perhaps the storm maybe keeps a copy somewhere on the device memory for stupid mistakes!! Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    01-28-10 04:23 PM
    no sorry. if the card was reformatted all prior data was lost.
    01-28-10 04:27 PM
    They are all gone...sort of. You can get some to all of them back, even after formatting the card. Got to google and search for "image recovery software" and you'll find a bunch of sites that have software to recover pictures from sd cards that you accidentally format. A few are free, some cost $. You'll have to decide how valuable the lost photos are.

Of coarse, in the future, you should make copies of your SD card to your PC hard drive as backup never touches your sd card data.
    01-28-10 05:33 PM
    HELP!!!!
    i had to wipe my BB and it seemed to go fine. all my contacts, calendar items, memos and tasks were restored correctly from backup, but all my photos (and third party apps) are gone!

the pix were in device memory, not on a memory card, so I thought they'd be included in the backup. it's easy to reload the third party apps, but the photos aren't so easy to replace.

anyone have any suggestions?
    07-23-10 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD