Upgraded to 328, and lost BBM5.0. Had to go to BB website as the appworld wouldn't work for reinstalling.

Please tell me exactly how to do this. I had previously backed up my contacts on my email accounts... but now when I choose the 'restore from email' option, it says 'no email accounts are linked to BBM'-wtf? I haven't tried deleting the email accounts and then re-adding them yet though...

When I get on DM and mess around, there is an option for restoring BBM, but I don't see a direct BBM Contacts option. Should I just do 'restore address book', or something? Or should I delete my BBM again and restore it through DM? Will that bring my contacts back?

Please help. Thanks.
    10-26-09 05:50 PM
    you can restore you BBM contacts using a "advanced restore" feature in DM. Only highlight "messenger contact" or "bbm contacts" i dont remember exactly but you should be able to see it and restore.
    10-26-09 05:54 PM
    you can restore you BBM contacts using a "advanced restore" feature in DM. Only highlight "messenger contact" or "bbm contacts" i dont remember exactly but you should be able to see it and restore.
    Thanks, but I really don't see any 'obvious' choice. Makes me wonder if my BBM contacts never ....

I just decided to restore BBM altogether and that got me my contacts back...

thanks again.
    10-26-09 06:13 PM
    On my Storm (9530) i had 140 contacts on my BBM list running on the older BBM version. Once i installed the 5.0 version, it works fine-except i wasn't able to update my status. I mean, i was able to make one on Edit my Profile, but it would not get sent out nor appear on my name on my list or my name on my friends' contacts list. So i played around with it at home, thus coming to realize that when i stripped my list down to 100 people, then i was able to update my status...sent out-appeared on my recent updates-appeared on my friends' contacts list-the whole nine yards. Basically, the limit on my phone for some odd reason is 100. if i add atleast one more person over 100, giving me 101, it brings me right back to the same problem i had when i had my original 140. Does anyone know why is this? or am i the first person to be dumb enough to have 140 on my list, or even have this problem? Please Help.....
    10-26-09 06:25 PM
    wow. interesting to know about the 100.
    10-26-09 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD