I'd like to be able to restore my Storm 2 to the way it was when I got it in the mail. I'm having trouble with applications not uninstalling. I've gone through Options->Applications, Application Center, and App World trying to remove these rogue apps. I've tried doing the security wipe and formating device memory and sd card memory, but within 12 hours the rogue apps are showing up again.

I've looked at the installing OS instructions, but I'm still new enough that I'm not sure I'm confortable attempting. I was kinda hoping there was a series of button presses or something that perform a reset of the OS and remove any added data and apps.

Is this possible?
    11-13-09 08:53 AM
    go to options and look for security options-security wipe
    11-13-09 08:57 AM
    I have done the security wipe with all options checked, and I though it all worked.
    This morning however an icon showed up for bb weather/accuweather that wasn't supposed to be there.
    11-13-09 09:15 AM
    not having a Storm 2 but - when you are doing the wipe, are you telling it remove all 3rd party applications? That is the same as the /resettofactory switch on loader.exe
    11-13-09 09:15 AM
    accuweather is a service you subscribe to. You need to unsubscribe from Accuweather Web Signals, I unfortunately can't find a working link right now so can't send it.
    11-13-09 09:26 AM
    accuweather is a service you subscribe to. You need to unsubscribe from Accuweather Web Signals, I unfortunately can't find a working link right now so can't send it.
    Correct. You have to go to mobile.blackberry.com under weather look for the correspondent app and unsubscribe. Wipe the phone once more.
    11-13-09 09:30 AM
    Thanks guys!!!!! I believe that will take care of it.
    11-13-09 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD