Hello, I am a new blackberry user. I heard and read about the advantages of the .109 upgrade, so i downloaded the software and read how to do the upgrade. I did a backup and a 3rd party backup before the upgrade. After the upgrade I had to set my settings again and lost all of my contacts, emails and texts. I was wondering if this was normal or if there was a way to recover these settings and data? Other people reported loss of no data after upgrading, was wondering if i missed something being new to this and all. Thanks for your help.
    03-08-09 08:36 PM
    if you did a full wipe, then upgraded, just run your most recent backup, and it should put everything back on, minus the 3rd party apps, which is a separate backup
    03-08-09 08:43 PM
    if you did a full wipe, then upgraded, just run your most recent backup, and it should put everything back on, minus the 3rd party apps, which is a separate backup
    Thanks for the reply. This may be a stupid question, but does that effect the .109 install? Or does it just load the data onto the .109 install?
    03-08-09 08:54 PM
    It doesn't affect the OS. Just puts everything back where it was

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD