I have been battling with my bb storm for a solid week now! I assigned my wife a ringer which I thought was very clever and funny but my wife heard it and thought otherwise! After the chewing, I set my wife's ringer to that of everybody else. After a few days I decided to change the profile ringer to another, as we all to several times, only to discover my wife's ringer didn't change. I went to the Verizon store and tried to get some insight into changing my wife back to a completely "active profile" contact. At first, I just deleted her name and re-listed her without customizing her ringer. This is a pain though so I did some more digging. I discovered that if you go under the profile options listed under the speaker on the home screen, you have an option at the bottom of the list that says "Set Contact Alerts". Under this listing, you can modify or just remove the contact's ringer profile. So if you want the contact to follow the ringer of everyone else just delete the contact from the alert list. Hopefully this has not been answered a million time because I couldn't find this solution anywhere! Hope I helped!
    clarktyl212 likes this.
    11-18-09 02:17 PM
    NICE!!! I posted this same question over at BBF's, and couldn't get an answer (maybe because your explanation of the problem was more coherent than mine). Anyway, tried it and it works great. THANK YOU!
    12-06-09 07:36 AM
    I have been battling with my bb storm for a solid week now! I assigned my wife a ringer which I thought was very clever and funny but my wife heard it and thought otherwise! After the chewing, I set my wife's ringer to that of everybody else. After a few days I decided to change the profile ringer to another, as we all to several times, only to discover my wife's ringer didn't change. I went to the Verizon store and tried to get some insight into changing my wife back to a completely "active profile" contact. At first, I just deleted her name and re-listed her without customizing her ringer. This is a pain though so I did some more digging. I discovered that if you go under the profile options listed under the speaker on the home screen, you have an option at the bottom of the list that says "Set Contact Alerts". Under this listing, you can modify or just remove the contact's ringer profile. So if you want the contact to follow the ringer of everyone else just delete the contact from the alert list. Hopefully this has not been answered a million time because I couldn't find this solution anywhere! Hope I helped!
    THANK YOU! This answers part of the question I came here with... now for the rest...

I recently migrated from the 8330 to the 9630 via BDM. Assigned an Active Profile on the Tour. Set a couple of custom ringtones. Then, a call comes in from one of my contacts and the ringtone doesn't match either the active profile OR an assigned custom ringtone... it's "Ringer_ClassicPhone," which I have never used. I go in and start looking at my contacts and for some reason, all my contacts to which I did NOT assign a custom ringtone had a different ringtone than the active profile... they all have this "Ringer_ClassicPhone" which is NOT the Active Profile ringer, and changing the Active Profile doesn't change their ringtone. So, one evening when I was bored and slightly tipsy I stupidly went in and manually changed each ringtone to the song that happens to be the active profile. Now in the sober light of day I realize I'm tied to doing that again each time I want to change the active profile unless there's a simple way to do them all in one pass.

Is there a way to change ALL my contacts' ringtones to match the active profile in one or two easy steps? And WHY is my phone doing this??
    05-31-10 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD