Go to vuivision.com they have a link to watch nbc. Its live and streaming. They also have abc, cbs, pbs kids, and mabye one other. Its live from NYC so any local news is from there but the prime time shows are the same
    10-20-09 02:35 PM
    Ok, so there is still the same viewing issue that there has been all along.

But, now, they have added Tour love. Sure, I still can't watch the videos because they are experiencing the same viewing problem, but I can at least get the list of Full Episodes. Prior to that, I got the message that was along the line of "not compatible device" or something like that.

So, my error message info:

[email protected]
    Verizon
    Blackberry Tour
    Stock OS:4.7.1.40
    Stock Platform: 4.1.0.40
    Browser Ident: Blackberry Browser

Attempted to watch: Heroes - Tabula Rasa, Part 1

HTTP Error 400: Bad Request
    The Server could not understand the page request, or was unable to process it for some reason. Please try loading a different page.

Details: Bad Request m.nbc.com:80

This was done without the shortcut, just direct to m.nbc.com. I will download the shortcut and try again.

Ok, now by using the shortcut:

- From main page, clicked on "All Full Episodes"
    - Clicked on Heroes
    - Clicked on Tabula Rasa

Same results as above.
    Last edited by jlb21; 10-23-09 at 09:16 AM.
    10-23-09 07:22 AM
    im wondering why OP was banned? Must have really pissed someone off...
    10-23-09 09:08 AM
    Well, I just completed reading all the posts on this issue ... various forums ... One word: entertaining!!
    10-23-09 11:46 PM
    4 8 15 16 23 42

Just felt like it. I guess that would make more sense if it was on NBC and not ABC.
    Ok hugo tell lock the hatch imploded again...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 01:20 AM
    What?!? No Failsafe?!?!
    10-26-09 07:29 AM
    I'm still having issues with trying to stream videos on the nbc.com site. I used to the the 403 error before and haven't tried to access the site in a while. However, I don't know if it is related to the new 5.0 upgrade or not but now when I try to access the nbc.com site I get the following error:

HTTP Error 400: Bad Request
    The server could not understand the page request, or was unable to process it for some reason. Please try loading a different page.

Verizon
    Storm 9530
    I can't post an email due to not having enough posts, sorry.

And just for the record, I have always been able to access the site and see the list of programs, I just haven't been able to stream any videos.

Thanks for all the help Patches!
    10-29-09 07:03 PM
    I keep getting an error. It the same as the other users.... 40? How can I view Heros, or any other show they have available?
    10-30-09 03:26 PM
    I keep getting an error. It the same as the other users.... 40? How can I view Heros, or any other show they have available?
    did you even read the thread? everyone is getting the error...it doesn't work. that's why this thread exists...we started this as a place to collectively post the errors, as examples for NBC to do research to try to fix it.
    10-30-09 04:42 PM
    Its just hard to imagine why it would take this long to figure out the problem and fix it.

11-05-09 11:34 PM
    Its just hard to imagine why it would take this long to figure out the problem and fix it.

well it's obviously a rather technical issue. the problem is very specific but could be caused by many things. since it only impacts a select few, with no logical rhyme nor reason that we can deduce, i'd say that it will be equally as hard for them to specify the issue, then figure out how to fix it.

it seems to me like we got blacklisted by the server on accident, and now nobody knows how to un blacklist us. since nobody knows how it started, changing it back will be infinitely harder. it might be something simple, or extremely complex, but we won't know until someone looks into it.
    11-06-09 06:41 PM
    I am starting to believe it is our ip addresses...i went to another site and the website said i was from canada, which im not...
    11-08-09 09:52 AM
    I am starting to believe it is our ip addresses...i went to another site and the website said i was from canada, which im not...
    I wrote this awhile ago and I believe I posted in this thread already but here it is again

Okay, quick review if BIS:

There is carrier data/infrastructure, and RIM data infrastructure...ever noticed the signal indicator is CAPS or lowercase? CAPS = RIM connectivity and carrier connectivity. Lowercase is carrier only. RIM supports data for email, browser, IM clients, RIM apps like facebook and myspace, MMS, etc...anything that has a service book goes through RIM servers. Now those servers are in canada...hence canadian IP. But its like this for every carrier worldwide...no matter where you are physically, your data goes to canada.

Now if it were the canadian IP or file type, it wouldn't work for anyone. So far seems to be isolated to VZW BIS users. BES users can access the site via their BES browser (a different setting) and stream videos. It has to do with the IP and browser identification specifically for VZW. Btw the 403 error is a server error from NBC. If vzw blocked you then the home page wouldn't load. We can view the home page, and navigate...just get the error when we try to stream the vid.

That's the basics of the situation. Its not an intentional restriction by anyone. Its a server issue that's falsely denying us access to the media files.
    11-08-09 10:30 AM
    I was so hoping for resolution by now
    11-08-09 04:42 PM
    I was hoping to watch mobile nbc on my new 8530 but for some reason its not an approved device.
    11-24-09 09:36 AM
    I was hoping to watch mobile nbc on my new 8530 but for some reason its not an approved device.
    I don't believe this issue has been resolved for ANY verizon customer. (except BES who never had the issue)
    11-24-09 12:22 PM
    the 8530 isn't listed on their supported devices yet....but it took awhile for the tour also, just be patient.

and so far you're correct, PK. no resolution has been reached.
    11-24-09 02:07 PM
    I wonder if Comcast's purchase of a 51% stake in NBC/Universal will help or hurt the effort to get this resolved:

Comcast to buy controlling stake in NBC Universal by AP: Yahoo! Tech
    12-03-09 07:52 AM
    Lets hope so!
    12-03-09 08:37 AM
    just sent another PM checking on the status with this. i'll try to get contact info for someone actually in their tech support department dealing with this.

on a brighter note, it seems that this will only be an issue for me for less than 20 days, as i'm upgrading to an eris soon
    12-03-09 01:17 PM
    Sorry Patches. Unfortunately we are unable to accept you resignation at this time. We sugget you resolve the m.nbc issue and then resubmit your resignation.

I hadn't used it for a while but I find the same issue coming up with SyFy videos. I didn't find anything searching in the 9530 forums and wondered if you'd heard of causes/solutions to that particular site.

Why are you moving to the eris?
    12-05-09 06:06 AM
    Site works fine on my Moto Droid. Feels good to move on.
    12-05-09 03:13 PM
    Does anyone know if the Storm2 is experiencing the same problem?
    12-05-09 03:18 PM
    Does anyone know if the Storm2 is experiencing the same problem?
    Yes it doesn't work on 9550 BIS either. Just tried it both from the internet browser and the hotspot browser over WIFI. You get this message.

"Upgrade to a Blackberry Storm 9530, BB Bold 9000, BB Curve 8900 and 8300, B BB Pearl 8130 and WIFI enabled Blackberry smartphone and start enjoying full streaming videos from NBC.com.

Using Comcast as my ISP for my WIFI connection.
    12-05-09 03:58 PM
    you forgot to update saying that it worked via wifi the 2nd time around, brad-****!
    12-17-09 02:33 AM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD