So I joined the message board at NBC after I got no email back.
    Posted in an existing thread, no response...

Sent a PM to an admin or something today, and got back this:

"hi Patches152!

This is the answer I got from mobile:
    "We are aware of this issue, and it has been our number one priority
    investigation. Please assure the fine folks at crackberry that we are
    doing everything in our power to resolve this issue."

Hang in there Patches!

-A"

So its actually a known issue, not a block like everyone says! Which means we could possibly get it back.

+1 patches

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 06:40 PM
    Well issue might also mean that it is being blocked by VZW and it is an issue to them because it limits the amount of users that can access their mobile website

But I really don't know what is the actual problem yet
    Last edited by Venc; 09-30-09 at 06:58 PM.
    09-30-09 06:55 PM
    The head of VCAST for the west area said there's no block on blackberries. So I take their word for it. And if it were a block then NBC would know about it. If they know why would they still be researching?

09-30-09 06:57 PM
    The head of VCAST for the west area said there's no block on blackberries. So I take their word for it. And if it were a block then NBC would know about it. If they know why would they still be researching?

Even though I believe you, I don't believe VZW in many things, like when I asked why they are pushing app shortcuts to my phone and they would say that it was impossible.

But like you said it is probably a NBC issue, also they need to allow BB Tour to watch videos. That's messed up
    09-30-09 07:03 PM
    Even though I believe you, I don't believe VZW in many things, like when I asked why they are pushing app shortcuts to my phone and they would say that it was impossible.

But like you said it is probably a NBC issue, also they need to allow BB Tour to watch videos. That's messed up
    The difference between the vzw employee I spoke with and the vzw care rep you spoke with is quite a bit. This is the person who's responsible for all vcast products for the west area. I give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they know what's up. Lol

09-30-09 07:06 PM
    If verizon were blocking this service we would have heard about it publicly by now, as NBC would be flipping pissed.
    09-30-09 07:26 PM
    Good stuff its been a long battle but one that my be coming to an end!
    09-30-09 07:37 PM
    Way to go patches... set some fires... lol

Community power at it's best again! :thumbsup:
    09-30-09 08:58 PM
    Well issue might also mean that it is being blocked by VZW and it is an issue to them because it limits the amount of users that can access their mobile website

But I really don't know what is the actual problem yet
    The problem is that NBC blocks Canadian IPs from watching the videos and since most people are on BIS, they run through a Canadian proxy.

09-30-09 10:06 PM
    The problem is that NBC blocks Canadian IPs from watching the videos and since most people are on BIS, they run through a Canadian proxy.

I'll give you a mulligan on that one. Try again.

09-30-09 10:09 PM

Assuming all of the BIS servers are in Canada is silly. Further my understanding is that only data that NEEDS RIM, goes to rim, no all data. If it all goes through RIM, that is horribly inefficient, and yet another reason our browser speeds suck.
    09-30-09 10:15 PM
    Strike two!

Should I explain the situation again?

09-30-09 10:17 PM
    I'll give you a mulligan on that one. Try again.

Oh. Last I read that thread it seemed pretty well wrapped up that this was the issue. Guess not.

09-30-09 10:20 PM
    Put us out of our misery, patches...

09-30-09 10:38 PM
    Okay, quick review if BIS:

There is carrier data/infrastructure, and RIM data infrastructure...ever noticed the signal indicator is CAPS or lowercase? CAPS = RIM connectivity and carrier connectivity. Lowercase is carrier only. RIM supports data for email, browser, IM clients, RIM apps like facebook and myspace, MMS, etc...anything that has a service book goes through RIM servers. Now those servers are in canada...hence canadian IP. But its like this for every carrier worldwide...no matter where you are physically, your data goes to canada.

Now if it were the canadian IP or file type, it wouldn't work for anyone. So far seems to be isolated to VZW BIS users. BES users can access the site via their BES browser (a different setting) and stream videos. It has to do with the IP and browser identification specifically for VZW. Btw the 403 error is a server error from NBC. If vzw blocked you then the home page wouldn't load. We can view the home page, and navigate...just get the error when we try to stream the vid.

That's the basics of the situation. Its not an intentional restriction by anyone. Its a server issue that's falsely denying us access to the media files.

09-30-09 10:56 PM
    Well said.
    10-01-09 07:16 AM
    screw all of you. We still don't get jackity squat here up north.

no wonder piracy is so high here, there arent many other options
    10-01-09 10:58 AM
    Just an odd thought. If it were an international issue then why are BIS users in the US allowed to download Pandora since that geo taggs to see what location you are at to download their app.

Does Pandora know where the user is outside the US by IP?

Am I wrong? Is it different?
    10-01-09 11:10 AM
    Brad, read my last long post. It explains what you just asked me.

10-01-09 11:29 AM
    It sounds like there's hope...I wish they'd hurry though
    10-01-09 12:21 PM
    Just an odd thought. If it were an international issue then why are BIS users in the US allowed to download Pandora since that geo taggs to see what location you are at to download their app.

Does Pandora know where the user is outside the US by IP?

Am I wrong? Is it different?
    i was able to download and run pandora without issue using an american address.
    10-01-09 12:36 PM
    Thank you Patches !!!! You're da man!
    10-01-09 12:36 PM
    4 8 15 16 23 42

Just felt like it. I guess that would make more sense if it was on NBC and not ABC.

Patches, thanks for keeping us updated!
    10-01-09 01:28 PM
    Brad, read my last long post. It explains what you just asked me.

Hey Patches I was agreeing with you. Thanks for the update. I just posted that because others posted after you about it being international IP problem. But I was just saying in other words.. its not haha

Your the man Patches!
    10-01-09 05:01 PM
    i was able to download and run pandora without issue using an american address.
    I know but thats the point. Its not an international issue its a server issue like Patches said
    10-01-09 05:02 PM
99 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD