5 still has a way to go. Lots of little glitches. I have a **** of a time typing on web, like in text boxes on CB. Virtual keyboard drops and before I know it I either posted something half assed or wiped out my post, or whatever. That has been my biggest gripe. Son probably by .25x or .26x we'll see a nice os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Exact same problem here Engine. That and the damn predictive typing changes my words so often I'm ready to blow my effing brains out. PatchMaster can you bbm me later and walk me through uploading my contacts to outlook or google so I can start over fresh. I think I may have some corrupt files that are giving me these headaches.

09-26-09 08:36 AM
    yeah hit me up when you're ready, i'm doing laundry and haxxorzing while i wait between loads (that's what she said)
    09-26-09 03:14 PM
    Blue- you can turn off the predictive text. Tools>Language and Text input>Input Style. Change it from word completion to auto correction. That should solve on headache. Personally I think the virt keyboard is more for S2. These later 5 build almost seem like it gets confused a bit. I think they are not separating code for keyboard that well considering dif input tech.

09-26-09 03:46 PM
    this process helps a lot with .230 as well, but i found it to be more effective with .148 for some reason...
    10-17-09 12:19 AM
    Doesn't help much with .328. Still leaks with no apps...unless you count the new bbm and captureit.

10-26-09 11:26 AM
    Doesn't help much with .328. Still leaks with no apps...unless you count the new bbm and captureit.

Same with .323. I reinstalled my apps after I did a wipe of my storm and the mem still leaked.
    10-26-09 12:28 PM
    how do you shorten the call logging....just like with messages you can have it delete after 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 months etc etc etc... my storm has calls logged back clear to april and its gotta be killing my memory???

Any suggestions would help thanks.
    10-26-09 07:59 PM
    how do you shorten the call logging....just like with messages you can have it delete after 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 months etc etc etc... my storm has calls logged back clear to april and its gotta be killing my memory???

Any suggestions would help thanks.
    call logs can be viewed via message>view folder>phone call logs....you can go there periodically and delete old ones....but i don't think you can change it to automatically delete call records...i'd say just go there, and start at the bottom, and just use the date header bars and "delete prior" from that point....i don't talk on the phone much, so i don't have this issue.
    10-26-09 08:39 PM
    Thanks to Patches for the suggestions.

I have upgraded to every leak and hybrid, sometimes wiping the handheld and sometimes not. Throughout it all, I have had a significant memory leak, starting out at 45mb and within 4 hours, down below 20 with a performance lag.

At Patches' suggestion, I did a "wipe handheld", reloaded .148, but instead of restoring all of my settings, data, 3rd party apps, etc. I just synced my Outlook calendar and address book, and only restored my Password Keeper data and my Custom Word List. I then reloaded my 3rd party apps from the beginning.

It appears that by restoring my data all of the time from upgrade to upgrade, one of the databases may have become corrupt.

I have been running now for 24 hours. I began with 48mb (the most ever) and I am still at 40mb. This stable memory situation has not happened for me in quite a while. I am quite pleased.

Thanks Patches!

Thank you for the tips.
    08-19-10 06:08 AM
384 ... 141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD