I think and suggest: 1. Dl 328, then DL Lyric's hybrids 328/351/371or 405, etc/; 2. latest one with simplified Chinese input: DL 419, then DL lyric's or OOAK's 436 java files.
    *No Flames Please* (we all had to start somewhere in learning this...)

What does this all mean!!! I DLed the 419 tried to do an upload but then bricked my BB. I then had to restore it and now its working again but without any Chinese Input support. Can someone post a literal step by way to do this. I know there have been many but after spending a few hours trying to figure out which hybrid is for which phone and what not, I think I am going crazy.

I have the latest BDM installed, i have the files for the 419, what is BBSAK and where do I get it from? Is that the same as the "loader" program?
    Also, I tried to go into the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader to removed the Vendor file but all I see is the XML one. Is that the one that I am suppose to delete before updating this Hybrid software? OMG so lost... sorry and thanks in advance for the help!!!
    03-25-10 01:25 AM
    Does v5.0.0.328 not have a java folder? I can't find anything of the specific file extensions from the instructions of any of the threads referring to Chinese language input.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.151_P4.0.0.186\Java

The bold section exists.. but the red section does not.. I found a application loader in "AppLoader" in the "Research In Motion" file but nothing else as far as the instructions explain. I was going to attempt to just drop the files into the "Java" file as others have done with other OS's but it doesn't exist or be this easy.
    Last edited by NixonEC; 05-25-10 at 12:09 AM. Reason: fixed version type-o
    05-25-10 12:08 AM
    I would try reinstalling 5.0.0.328 and note where the install folder is directed to. My own OS files are in the path you listed above, bold and red text included. Not sure what could've happened to yours, maybe you accidentally uninstalled it or deleted it manually at some point?
    05-25-10 01:00 AM
    Does v5.0.0.328 not have a java folder? I can't find anything of the specific file extensions from the instructions of any of the threads referring to Chinese language input.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.151_P4.0.0.186\Java

The bold section exists.. but the red section does not.. I found a application loader in "AppLoader" in the "Research In Motion" file but nothing else as far as the instructions explain. I was going to attempt to just drop the files into the "Java" file as others have done with other OS's but it doesn't exist or be this easy.
    From what you have posted, it appears that 328 is not installed on your computer. I recommend going to control panel and removing any Blackberry Device software from your computer. Do not remove the Blackberry Desktop software. Then reinstall 328. Downloading does not install it. You need to double click on the downloaded file to have it install. Once you have done that you should find the folders in red.
    05-25-10 11:55 AM
    you are running v5.0.0.328 and have these files? I am running 9530 v5.0.0.328 P4.2.0.128 ... so if the file path is correct then I should have

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v5.0.0.328_P4.2.0.128\Java

Can anyone verify that this exists with this version & platform? My windows 7 explorer just refuses to show the shared or loader file exists.
    05-25-10 11:55 AM
    From what you have posted, it appears that 328 is not installed on your computer. I recommend going to control panel and removing any Blackberry Device software from your computer. Do not remove the Blackberry Desktop software. Then reinstall 328. Downloading does not install it. You need to double click on the downloaded file to have it install. Once you have done that you should find the folders in red.
    No I was just showering the file path they recommended earlier to find the java folder. Above I showed what I guess my file path should be.

*Ok reinstalled the OS and the file path now exists! Strange, but thank you.

*Update - After reading through a lot of responses and my own experience this will only give a Chinese interface on OS 5.0.0.328, the Chinese language input does not show up when installed on OS 5.0.0.328. If anyone knows a way to add the Chinese pinyin input onto a OS 5.0 please let me know. I also noticed a type-O on my Chinese interface. The date at the top reads 五月月25曰 and obviously should be 五月25曰
    Last edited by NixonEC; 05-26-10 at 01:45 PM. Reason: add photo
    05-25-10 11:56 AM
    I also found out today that I can receive texts in Chinese from another verizon carrier cell phone (droid). I was under the impression we cannot send SMS texts with characters but apparently you can now..
    05-26-10 11:43 AM
    Copy and past this into Google:
    kelvin.sg/2010/02/blackberry-tour-9630-simplified-chinese-for-os-5-0/

Try this, it worked for me on BB Curve 8530 but the only thing is everytime you sync, you have to uninstall and reinstall the .alx file again.

Hope this helps
    07-09-10 08:00 PM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD