text messages never work w/ input languages
    it only works via email/mms/bbm
    So it's a restriction for ALL languages and not only chinese? Learned something new thanks
    07-10-09 01:09 PM
    So it's a restriction for ALL languages and not only chinese? Learned something new thanks
    i believe so i dont usually use input languages, i just want it so i can show my parents pahaha
    07-10-09 01:10 PM
    Hi,Roger and DD, I've successfully completed the job. It works. As I said earlier, what you have done is so great to all the Chinese owners of the BB storm. ( as I know many 'owners' even want to change to Iphone instead of BB Storm because of the Chinese language input support ( Iphone has not only "typing input' support, but also 'Chinese handwriting' input support).

I'll announce the good news at blackberryos.site There is a thread under the name of 'add Chinese method ' and a lot of people has been working hard to solve the problem (not just Chinese).

BTW. to my knowledge, so far, BB Chinese language input has never worked with text message (SMS), but it's OK. We are not so ' greedy', right?! How pity we are as a blackberry storm owner!
    07-10-09 03:31 PM
    omg its not just chinese input!!

there are chinese interface too!!!

omg !! i love you guys! i am gonna translate this post into chinese and help ppl in China cos they really need this!!

thank you so much guys!!!
    07-10-09 08:19 PM
    What if I want to install both Traditional and Simplified, is this possible?

I ask because I noticed that when copying the cod files into the java folder, one of the Simplified cod files is slightly different in file-size whereas 4 of the others are exactly the same. I decided not to overwrite those cod files that's already in there and not to replace the Simplified cod file that's a different size.

The file in question is:
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_chinese_Stroke_wordl ist.cod

Any insight is much appreciated.

Edit: Also, while running apploader, I noticed it's trying to "Update" the Core application even tho .151 is already installed. The only addition I wanted to do was the Chinese Input. Is this normal?
    Last edited by Stormified; 07-10-09 at 08:56 PM.
    07-10-09 08:52 PM
    i pasted everything in the chinese code file and also things in the simplified cod file. So I chose to overite some files and i found i can still choose interface with trditional chinese.
    07-10-09 09:29 PM
    What if I want to install both Traditional and Simplified, is this possible?

I ask because I noticed that when copying the cod files into the java folder, one of the Simplified cod files is slightly different in file-size whereas 4 of the others are exactly the same. I decided not to overwrite those cod files that's already in there and not to replace the Simplified cod file that's a different size.

The file in question is:
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_chinese_Stroke_wordl ist.cod

Any insight is much appreciated.

Edit: Also, while running apploader, I noticed it's trying to "Update" the Core application even tho .151 is already installed. The only addition I wanted to do was the Chinese Input. Is this normal?

Good catch on the different size on that file. I have no idea how it got in Chances are since I work on the traditional version first, i must have put an older build's version of that file onto the zip. I checked and that the file in the simplified version is actually the one that's in the 9500 .151 build. So consider that one to be correct. I've uploaded the revised version and new download address has been posted on the main post.

BTW, that's the way if you want to install both version.

As for the update in core application, if you click on detail, you'll see that it's just installing some background files that's needed to get it to work. It'll just update / add modules that it needs and will not delete any that you've installed. Enjoy!
    07-10-09 09:40 PM

omg !! i love you guys! i am gonna translate this post into chinese and help ppl in China cos they really need this!!

this statement does not make sense w/ the rest of ur post

it IS chinese input, lol but then again, u say u love it and say that there chinese interface

im
    07-10-09 10:38 PM
    this statement does not make sense w/ the rest of ur post

it IS chinese input, lol but then again, u say u love it and say that there chinese interface

im
    Hehe... i'm sure he meant:

omg not only there's chinese input, there are chinese interface too!!!

Time to put on your chinese-grammar cap DD
    07-10-09 11:23 PM
    Hehe... i'm sure he meant:

omg not only there's chinese input, there are chinese interface too!!!

Time to put on your chinese-grammar cap DD
    07-10-09 11:25 PM
    i followed roger`s instruction, pasted and overwrote the cod files, then search and find all "chinese" files in JAVA of 9500, paste all finded chinese cod file in 9530 JAVA. but chinese input of text message still doesnt work
    07-11-09 08:15 AM

Hi,Roger and DD, I've successfully completed the job. It works. As I said earlier, what you have done is so great to all the Chinese owners of the BB storm. ( as I know many 'owners' even want to change to Iphone instead of BB Storm because of the Chinese language input support ( Iphone has not only "typing input' support, but also 'Chinese handwriting' input support).

I'll announce the good news at blackberryos.site There is a thread under the name of 'add Chinese method ' and a lot of people has been working hard to solve the problem (not just Chinese).

BTW. to my knowledge, so far, BB Chinese language input has never worked with text message (SMS), but it's OK. We are not so ' greedy', right?! How pity we are as a blackberry storm owner!
    ancica, could you tell me how to resolve txet message chinese input?
    07-11-09 08:23 AM
    ancica, could you tell me how to resolve txet message chinese input?
    BTW. to my knowledge, so far, BB Chinese language input has never worked with text message (SMS)
    Question answered!? It seems that the restriction is buried deeper then a cod file can fix. Hopefully someone here with more experience with the BB OS can have this fixed. Just have to live with it I guess
    Last edited by rogerhimura; 07-11-09 at 10:11 AM.
    07-11-09 08:29 AM
    Good catch on the different size on that file. I have no idea how it got in Chances are since I work on the traditional version first, i must have put an older build's version of that file onto the zip. I checked and that the file in the simplified version is actually the one that's in the 9500 .151 build. So consider that one to be correct. I've uploaded the revised version and new download address has been posted on the main post.

BTW, that's the way if you want to install both version.

As for the update in core application, if you click on detail, you'll see that it's just installing some background files that's needed to get it to work. It'll just update / add modules that it needs and will not delete any that you've installed. Enjoy!
    Hi, Roger, It seems you have updated your file, right? which one? traditional or simplified? or both?
    07-11-09 08:38 AM
    Hi, Roger, It seems you have updated your file, right? which one? traditional or simplified? or both?
    I have updated the traditional zip file so that the file Stormified mentioned will be in line with the 9500 .151 build and the simplified version. rest assure that if you have the original file, the system will work as normal (my own phone is using the "old build").
    07-11-09 10:10 AM
    I have updated the traditional zip file so that the file Stormified mentioned will be in line with the 9500 .151 build and the simplified version. rest assure that if you have the original file, the system will work as normal (my own phone is using the "old build").
    Hi,Roger, Thx. for your prompt reply.

just for saving memory space, I deleted the Traditional input file, but the result is there is neither traditional nor simplified Chinese input option appearing on the keypad. So I have to install both if I want to have Chinese simplified language input support. Is it possible to just install Simplified version instead of both? or maybe I should copy some 'Key files� from the traditional version to simplified version to make it work? If yes, what kind of files I should copy from it? Thx.
    07-11-09 03:16 PM
    Hi,Roger, Thx. for your prompt reply.

just for saving memory space, I deleted the Traditional input file, but the result is there is neither traditional nor simplified Chinese input option appearing on the keypad. So I have to install both if I want to have Chinese simplified language input support. Is it possible to just install Simplified version instead of both? or maybe I should copy some 'Key files‘ from the traditional version to simplified version to make it work? If yes, what kind of files I should copy from it? Thx.
    I have splited them into two "versions" (simp/trad) because I recon that not a lot of people will want both. However, there are indeed some shared files for both input option, which is included in both of the zip files (that's why Stormified earlier has discovered the same file in both zip with different size). If you've installed both version and later decided to keep only one, you can run app loader again and unselect the one you don't need. It'll remove those files from your phone. So you don't necessary have to remove those files in your java folder. As for your situation, try unzip the simplified chinese files again (which will have those shared files) and run app loader again. Hope that helps and please report back if that goes well.
    07-11-09 04:32 PM
    I have splited them into two "versions" (simp/trad) because I recon that not a lot of people will want both. However, there are indeed some shared files for both input option, which is included in both of the zip files (that's why Stormified earlier has discovered the same file in both zip with different size). If you've installed both version and later decided to keep only one, you can run app loader again and unselect the one you don't need. It'll remove those files from your phone. So you don't necessary have to remove those files in your java folder. As for your situation, try unzip the simplified chinese files again (which will have those shared files) and run app loader again. Hope that helps and please report back if that goes well.
    Hi, Thank you for your reply. I'll try it tonight.
    Actually, I did take traditional one off from App. loader first and then completed the upgrade, but failed. Anyhow I'll keep trying and will let you know the result.
    07-11-09 05:39 PM
    ditto on that
    07-11-09 05:47 PM
    I tried to copy only simplified Chinese file to the java fold of 151, then run App loader, the result is no 'Chinese language input support' showing on the loader. After that, I copied the Traditional file to the java folder of 151, and run App loader again, this time both Traditional and simplified Chinese input support showing on the loader. It's so strange and confused!!!
    07-12-09 01:15 AM
    I tried to copy only simplified Chinese file to the java fold of 151, then run App loader, the result is no 'Chinese language input support' showing on the loader. After that, I copied the Traditional file to the java folder of 151, and run App loader again, this time both Traditional and simplified Chinese input support showing on the loader. It's so strange and confused!!!
    Hum... the app loader and those alx files does work in a very strange and mysterious ways (at least to me), and honestly I have no idea why it's doing that. What I do know is that if you're able to select the simplified chinese in app loader, then everything should be smooth sailing. As long as you don't also select the traditional input, then only the required file will be loaded into your phone.
    07-12-09 02:09 AM
    Hum... the app loader and those alx files does work in a very strange and mysterious ways (at least to me), and honestly I have no idea why it's doing that. What I do know is that if you're able to select the simplified chinese in app loader, then everything should be smooth sailing. As long as you don't also select the traditional input, then only the required file will be loaded into your phone.
    Hi, Good news. The problem is solved. I was so stupid that only copied the extracted folder to the java folder of 151. That's why I couldn't find the input support from the APP loader. So the right step (for dummies like me) is;1. go to the first page of this thread, select the ZIP doc. which you need to download to your desktop; 2. to extract the folder (zip files inside) to make a new folder(cod files inside) on your desktop; 3. open the new (extracted ) folder, select all the files, copy them and then paste them onto the java folder of 151. 4. open the APP loader to install it to your device.
    Thank you, Roger, now I have a perfect phone which fullfil my satisfaction.
    07-12-09 01:55 PM
    Good to hear that everything is now up and running.
    07-12-09 09:45 PM
    Hmm interesting I thought people already figured out how to get chinese input/software on their phones. I stole files from .90 and it worked fine lol.

If only someone could figure out how to get rid of the ???'s when trying to SMS txt (although I'm pretty sure this isn't possible due to VZW...fml)

PS. Anyone know how to get BBM/Email/MMS/Internet to work in China when using a regional SIM card (ie. China Mobile)? If anyone has got these up and running could ya send me a PM? I'd appreciate it greatly
    Last edited by zhangkev; 07-16-09 at 10:30 AM.
    07-16-09 10:17 AM
    so i successfully got this installed into my storm but for some reason the keyboard is glitchy when i try to type in chinese. has anyone run into this problem.
    07-27-09 04:56 AM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD