Ever since the leaked .151 for 9500 is released and are confirmed to include Chinese input, I have tried to get that into my 9530. After 2 days of reading alx files, comparing cod files and endless reboots, I have finally got chinese input into my phone, and I'm happy to share that with you fine people. Consider this my way of thanks for all the things that I learned in this forum.

DISCLAIMER: I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBLY FOR ANY HARM DONE TO YOUR PHONE. PLEASE INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Note: If you have a 9500, you can simply load the leaked east asian .151 OS and you'll be able to get the same thing. This is for the North American 9530.

Instruction: First, you need to download and install .151 for 9530 into your PC (But you don't have to install it to you BB yet if it haven't been done). Simply download the file below and extract it into the java folder of your 9530 .151 installation folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.151_P4.0.0.186\Java) , fire up app loader (I haven't tried on DM.), select input method, wait for the loader to do its job, and enjoy!

Explanation: It seems that the cjk.alx file in the .151 is the same for both 9530 and 9500. However, a few files are missing, hence those installation options are hidden. I've tracked down those files and uploaded them (which I got from the 9500 .151 leaked os). It comes with taiwan "bopomofo" in place of the full keyboard for traditional chinese version, and normal "pinyin" for simplify chinese. Also you get stroke (aka T9 for dumbphone) in place of suretype for both versions. It'll also enable the corresponding chinese interface but you can keep your english interface if you want. Switching keyboard is via option->language or from BB key when the keyboard is up. I have also got the files that will enable chinese prompt for voice dialing as well.

Known issus: 1. The main clock on top is chopped off due to the larger font that's used for the chinese interface. You can set the phone to 24h display to avoid it; 2. The email setting icon will be lost. You will need to go back to the BIS admin site for your carrier if you need to set up your email; 3. Unable to input Chinese for text message.

File download:
    Traditional Chinese input and interface
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Simplified Chinese input and interface

Tradional Chinese voice dialing prompt

Simplified Chinese voice dialing prompt

Hope my instruction is understandable since i'm not very good at explaining things Screen shot available on page 2. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions with my very limited knowledge on this matter
    Last edited by rogerhimura; 07-10-09 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Updated zip file and address for Traditional Chinese input
    07-10-09 01:09 AM
    Screen shot of the app loader if everything is well. Note that the "Traditional Chinese Characters and Font Support" is enabled and grayed out because it's needed for "Chinese Traditional Input Methods"
    07-10-09 01:13 AM
    sweet, ill check it out: thanks for the files

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

edit: ya should change ur device lol
    Last edited by DriftDevil; 07-10-09 at 01:41 AM.
    07-10-09 01:33 AM

edit: ya should change ur device lol
    edited... forgot that i'm now in the 9000 family

P.s. to think of it... i DID upgrade one by one... 7130e - 8130 - 9530! i'll wait until rim release a 10xxx family for my next upgrade
    07-10-09 02:48 AM
    thank you rogerhimura, i can`t download your"chinese input" file as i`m in china, can you uoload it to rapidshare?
    07-10-09 04:09 AM
    thank you rogerhimura, i can`t download your"chinese input" file as i`m in china, can you uoload it to rapidshare?
    Here you go

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/254191563/ChineseCod.zip
    07-10-09 08:57 AM
    Ever since the leaked .151 for 9500 is released and are confirmed to include Chinese input, I have tried to get that into my 9530. After 2 days of reading alx files, comparing cod files and endless reboots, I have finally got chinese input into my phone, and I'm happy to share that with you fine people. Consider this my way of thanks for all the things that I learned in this forum.

DISCLAIMER: I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBLY FOR ANY HARM DONE TO YOUR PHONE. PLEASE INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Note: If you have a 9500, you can simply load the leaked east asian .151 OS and you'll be able to get the same thing. This is for the 9530.

First, you need to download and install .151 into your PC (But you don't have to install it to you BB yet if it haven't been done). Simply download the file below and extract it into the java folder of your 9530 .151 installation folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.151_P4.0.0.186\Java) , fire up app loader, select input method, wait for the loader to do its job, and enjoy!

Explanation: It seems that the cjk.alx file in the .151 is the same for both 9530 and 9500. However, a few files are missing, hence those installation options are hidden. I've tracked down those files and uploaded them (which I got from the 9500 .151 leaked os). It comes with taiwan "bopomofo" in place of the full keyboard and stroke (aka T9 for dumbphone) in place of suretype. It'll also enable chinese interface but you can keep your english interface if you want. Switching keyboard is via option->language or from BB key when the keyboard is up. I have only included files for traditional Chinese input. I'll try to do the simplified Chinese if there's enough demand. I've omitted the files that will enable chinese prompt for voice dialing as well. Also, since I only use app loader, I have no idea what will happen if you use DM.

Hope my instruction is understandable since i'm not very good at explaining things I'll be more than happy to answer any questions with my very limited knowledge on this matter

File link: hxxp://w.megaupload.com/?d=G4V1ESFS
    (my post count is too low to provide link, please correct the url then copy and paste)
    It's GREAT! 2 questions: 1. do u have the link to download 9500, 4.7.151? 2 . Can you 'new list' with simplified Chinese (especially 'Pinyin') for us. I do believe there is a huge demand for it. Thank you very much.
    07-10-09 10:20 AM

It's GREAT! 2 questions: 1. do u have the link to download 9500, 4.7.151? 2 . Can you 'new list' with simplified Chinese (especially 'Pinyin') for us. I do believe there is a huge demand for it. Thank you very much.
    1) i m downloading the 9500 os rite now, i will upload it via megaupload in a few minutes

2) i will try and find the files (unless if rogerhimura gets it) (cuz personally, i only kno pinyin lol)
    07-10-09 10:23 AM
    1. DriftDevil is working for you here (or you can goto the sticky on top to get it)

2. I'm working on it right now...

(shameless attempt to boost my post count so i can post link for the future )
    07-10-09 10:46 AM
    07-10-09 11:00 AM
    1. DriftDevil is working for you here (or you can goto the sticky on top to get it)

2. I'm working on it right now...

(shameless attempt to boost my post count so i can post link for the future )

Thank you Roger and DD, you're doing a great thing for all Chinese owners of Blackberry 9530.

OK. we're waiting for your 'new list' with simplified Chinese.
    07-10-09 11:02 AM
    hmm, i found the pinyin files but i cant find the defaultResource file
    07-10-09 11:12 AM
    hmm, i found the pinyin files but i cant find the defaultResource file
    I've done the dirty work for you. (check my original post)

In case you're interested... I think it should be net_rim_platform_resource_zh_CN.cod
    07-10-09 11:19 AM
    I've done the dirty work for you. (check my original post)

In case you're interested... I think it should be net_rim_platform_resource_zh_CN.cod
    o maybe lol thanks
    cause i was looking at the modules list on the apploader so i couldnt find that file that was needed lol
    07-10-09 11:21 AM
    "Known issus: 1. The main clock on top is chopped off due to the larger font that's used for the chinese interface. You can set the phone to 24h display to avoid it; 2. The email setting icon will be lost. You will need to go back to the BIS admin site for your carrier if you need to set up your email."

now thats just messed up lol
    07-10-09 11:22 AM
    o maybe lol thanks
    cause i was looking at the modules list on the apploader so i couldnt find that file that was needed lol
    Ya... the info on the apploader is actually very confusing. Because it displays only the name for the modules. You need to go back to the alx file to search and locate the actual file that's it's referring to... It took me 2 days to figure it out! (ya... i'm kind of slow)
    07-10-09 11:32 AM
    "Known issus: 1. The main clock on top is chopped off due to the larger font that's used for the chinese interface. You can set the phone to 24h display to avoid it; 2. The email setting icon will be lost. You will need to go back to the BIS admin site for your carrier if you need to set up your email."

Ya... the info on the apploader is actually very confusing. Because it displays only the name for the modules. You need to go back to the alx file to search and locate the actual file that's it's referring to... It took me 2 days to figure it out! (ya... i'm kind of slow)
    at least u found somethng
    07-10-09 11:34 AM

Blame RIM!

It's not as bad as you think. Attached screenshot for both "chopped" 12H clock and 24H clock:
    07-10-09 11:49 AM
    Here are the screenshots for both inputs for simplified chinese
    07-10-09 11:58 AM
    Blame RIM!

It's not as bad as you think. Attached screenshot for both "chopped" 12H clock and 24H clock:
    ooo no wonder, it works well on mine cuz im using english as the menus stuff, i just use chinese as input (my fam is chinese, however, i cannot read chinese, i only kno how to type pinyin ) haha

Here are the screenshots for both inputs for simplified chinese
    i only use pinyin, dunno how to use other methods lol
    07-10-09 12:03 PM
    Found a new issue: For the traditional chinese, the keyboard is disabled when typing the body of a sms (see attached). When you try to copy and paste chinese into the body, it'll come up '???'.

DriftDevil, can you please confirm if it's happening on your end since i see that you have the simplified chinese installed?

(updated first post)
    07-10-09 12:28 PM
    Here are the screenshots for Traditional chinese
    07-10-09 12:39 PM
    Found a new issue: For the traditional chinese, the keyboard is disabled when typing the body of a sms (see attached). When you try to copy and paste chinese into the body, it'll come up '???'.

DriftDevil, can you please confirm if it's happening on your end since i see that you have the simplified chinese installed?

(updated first post)
    i dont have traditional chinese on mine, since idk how to read/type/write in bopomofo and pinyin is only in simplified...
    07-10-09 12:43 PM
    i dont have traditional chinese on mine, since idk how to read/type/write in bopomofo and pinyin is only in simplified...
    Can you try and see if you can type a text message in chinese? thanks.
    07-10-09 12:50 PM
    Can you try and see if you can type a text message in chinese? thanks.
    text messages never work w/ input languages
    it only works via email/mms/bbm
    07-10-09 01:07 PM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD