It would be nice to have an app that automatically changed the background based on your location.

Examples:

at beach make bg a wave
    at school/parents house make bg something more appropriate
    at work make it professional

What would be even cooler is an app that dealt with changing more settings than just the wallpaper based on location. This could include the profile, icon layout (priority so that home screen icons change (i dont need my browser or music player if im at home)), etc.

I know there are profile changers based on location in testing or for purchase, but an all in one, or even just a wallpaper switcher would be killer!
    03-13-09 08:28 PM
    Another cool feature would be if u could select a calender event and attach a wallpaper switch to that, that way, lets say, when heroes was going to come on, my background would switch to a heroes background. I could even just set it up so that my background would switch whenever i had class, that way its different whenever im at school.
    03-13-09 08:31 PM
    This is pretty close at least for sound profiles, if they can do this backgrounds and such should be easy.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/new...9/#post1868595
    03-13-09 08:38 PM
    Problem is you would need to map out all the coordinates in the App. this would either be a HUGE app or it would need to be in constant contact with the network. If the latter it would drain your battery as fast as if you left TeleNav/VZNav running all day every day.
    03-13-09 08:42 PM
    It would be nice to have an app that automatically changed the background based on your location.

Examples:

at beach make bg a wave
    at school/parents house make bg something more appropriate
    at work make it professional

What would be even cooler is an app that dealt with changing more settings than just the wallpaper based on location. This could include the profile, icon layout (priority so that home screen icons change (i dont need my browser or music player if im at home)), etc.

I know there are profile changers based on location in testing or for purchase, but an all in one, or even just a wallpaper switcher would be killer!
    that is a great suggestion. we can add background to our location profiler with no problem.
    03-13-09 11:12 PM
    Another suggestion for these types of apps would be to allow the user to use a map and create a circle of influence for a profile directly on a map, that way all of the necessary cell id's would be selected without forcing the user to walk around the desired location for a while just to get the id's.
    03-14-09 02:52 PM
    i wouldnt mind an application that checked with the gps and put backgrounds down that were based on where i am at the time...
    03-14-09 04:03 PM
    here is the new beta version compiled for the Storm.

OTA www.toysoft.ca/storm/LocationProfiler.jad

- added new Wallpaper to the profile. When "arrive" location profile changes you can set to change the wallpaper
    03-14-09 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD