First of all, please don't go off topic with discussions and accusations. I believe most of us want to get info about the fixes that new OS are providing, as well as new features.

As we all know, there are many in this forum who are testing the latest OS (CX, Sith, etc).

So please can this people provide some info about where RIM is heading in term of priority of fixes and features?

For example, what's new in .91, .92 and .95 (the latest I heard of)?

Thanks
    01-28-09 06:49 AM
    Or we can discuss actual findings here?

.95-
    Transitions are back and on everything but they do not lag, and are very smooth. Both dissolve and swipe from side to side (like BBM) work very well. The orientation of the screen changes also smoothly when you tilt the device side to side. I have an unlocked device and it took 90 seconds for a stable EDGE connection to come up. It kept bouncing between edge and EDGE during that time with no set interval. I was about to make a hybrid OS with .90 but it fixed itself before i had to. Camera bug has been fixed and works great. Also, the battery life on this version is better than any previous version i have tested. Granted, I have only been running it less than a day but it is doing very well. One last oddity, the image I had as my background in .90 became enlarged in .95 (about 8 times its previous size) and I can do nothing to get the background picture working properly. If i change to another pic, it works fine, then change back and its enlarged again.

That is all I have found for now.
    from this thread....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/4-...50/index2.html
    01-28-09 07:22 AM
    Thanks for the info.
    Moderators, close the thread if you find it redundant.
    01-28-09 07:30 AM
    i read on another blackberry site that verizon will be pushing .95 as the official release in 1 - 2 weeks.
    01-28-09 10:23 AM
    I saw that the .95 thread was locked. That's unfortunate, since it was very informative...
    Can we keep up the topic in this one.
    Please, keepin' focused with the topic.
    CX, are you will in to provide some info about how .95 (or the latest you have) is working for you?
    01-28-09 02:02 PM
    Why the heck was it locked???
    01-28-09 02:15 PM
    From what i heard about .90 before it was leaked and from .95 at this moment...

First hands on impressions are great then after about a few days bugs really then appear just like what happened in .90.

.95 sounds great, but at the same time i'm skeptical if it will be a better OS in the long road.
    01-28-09 02:17 PM
    seems like a few people were starting BS and then someone locked it....doesn't that just tickle your pickle
    01-28-09 02:22 PM
    Why the heck was it locked???
    Because once people start hearing about things, they get nasty and start getting pissy when the tester refuses to leak it.

Then someone gets a glimpse and doesn't fully understand, so they start their own thread getting pissy about how their current OS sucks and they need a new one and why wont anyone risk their job for poster_xyz's sanity.
    01-28-09 02:26 PM
    Because once people start hearing about things, they get nasty and start getting pissy when the tester refuses to leak it.

Then someone gets a glimpse and doesn't fully understand, so they start their own thread getting pissy about how their current OS sucks and they need a new one and why wont anyone risk their job for poster_xyz's sanity.
    QFT
    Much so indeed.
    01-28-09 02:30 PM
    well hopefully we can get some good info on it from here and hopefully people will start respecting the beta testers like they should be. if i was one i wouldn't of taken some of the stuff i have seen people say about it. and by the way for the short time i have been here i appreciate what everyone here is doing to help other people out. i love this site.

ok... now to get on topic, the camera prob in .9 seems to be fixed but the voice notes which i'm in dire need of for school is still broke. and transitions which some people got mad about being gone is now back in this new OS. but thats what i know
    01-28-09 02:32 PM
    Sith said as far as he can tell only the voice notes are scewed up in .95, but that he didn't thoroughly test it yet.

Seems like theyre making progress, which is frankly all i really care about. As long as the storm OS gets awesome eventually im happy. and from what ive read, its getting closer to working as seamlessly as the iphone (in terms of it doing what you want it to do when you want it to and being smooth and sexy about it) and once it is, it will blow the iphone away.
    01-28-09 02:33 PM
    01-28-09 02:45 PM
    That thread was closed.

Sith, when i first installed .90 the image i had as wallpaper was mis-sized as well. It was also positioned off center. I worked around this by changing the wallpaper from options in main menu as opposed from pictures and it worked correctly.

Also, can you please check if shortcuts work in mail using the new full keyboard in portrait. i was excited to do this in .90 but not 1 letter is a shortcut which was def overlooked for some reason
    01-28-09 09:20 PM
    I meant the first link i tried. my bad
    01-28-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD