Not sure if this is even possible. Also not sure if anyone would want this besides me. I get ALOT of calls on my cell phone since I use it for business that I may not want to answer right away. Often times a number pops up from an area code I don't recognize. 9 times out of 10 I'm busy and would like to get a good idea who it is before I answer. If I'm near a computer, I can usually just type "area code xxx" in google, get a result and try and answer in time if I want.

Would there be any way to auto look this up and display it where the number is with the City name? Obviously if they are already in my address book I want to see their name still. But if they are not, I would like to know the city that is calling.

So is this possible?
    02-22-09 12:52 PM
    It's possible - verizon has an app that does it already. Not sure what it's called though, but I'm sure if you go on their page you can find it.
    02-22-09 01:17 PM
    this would be very very cool to have.
    02-22-09 01:24 PM
    I had this on my Treo.
    02-22-09 01:26 PM
    Found this

i,Call ManagerEx/US Edition: Pinpoint caller's locations on the Blackberry Maps and caller's area name on Phone screen.

Could be what I want. I don't have my cable for my phone here so I can't try it. Anyone else want to give it a shot?
    02-22-09 02:28 PM
    this would be nice
    02-22-09 02:40 PM
    The link I posted about looks to be exactly what I want. Someone download it and see if it works with the Storm! If not, I'll email them to see if they can make it work with the storm.

Ken
    02-22-09 02:46 PM
    Berry-A-Code is still floating arouind the net, but I couldn't get it to work on the Storm.

There's a patent issue involved, so anyone who builds one will have to do so on the dl.
    02-22-09 02:47 PM
    I've been working on something like this. Right now it will look the call up after you miss it, but I am working to get it to happen live. It also provides direct links to reverse lookups!
    02-22-09 03:23 PM
    I've been working on something like this. Right now it will look the call up after you miss it, but I am working to get it to happen live. It also provides direct links to reverse lookups!
    Nice! I was thinking about doing an app like this too, lol. Beat me to it.
    02-22-09 03:24 PM
    Just waiting on releasing it to get my signing keys! Expect it soon guys!
    02-22-09 03:25 PM
    Nice. Keep us posted! I'll be looking out for it.
    02-22-09 03:26 PM
    Is everyone ignoring the link I posted above? Looks like it does exactly what we want. Doesn't say its for a storm but may work.

Ken
    02-22-09 03:50 PM
    Just waiting on releasing it to get my signing keys! Expect it soon guys!
    Check out your competition on Handango. $17/3-months. "Privus Mobile shows you who's calling when they are NOT in your contacts list. Caller ID like on your home or business phone. But Privus Mobile will deliver Caller Name information nearly twice as often.

Privus Mobile delivers names after call completion for Blackberry (RIM) devices. Always leave your device turned on with Privus Mobile software running to receive caller names for missed calls."

I've not used it, and am not recommending it. I'm just making you aware of what's out there.
    02-22-09 03:50 PM
    Is everyone ignoring the link I posted above? Looks like it does exactly what we want. Doesn't say its for a storm but may work.

Ken
    i went further into their site and found OTA link
    www(dot)i-softwarelabs(dot)com/public_files/callmanager/exus/1.1/iCallManagerExUS(dot)jad

Gonna DL it and try it. But i don't get many calls as is, so don't expect me to be able to test this fully anytime soon.

edit: can't post links yet..too few posts. remove (dot)'s

more info about it can be found here
    www(dot)i-softwarelabs(dot)com/_download/selectedProduct(dot)jsp
    02-22-09 05:04 PM
    i went further into their site and found OTA link
    www(dot)i-softwarelabs(dot)com/public_files/callmanager/exus/1.1/iCallManagerExUS(dot)jad

Gonna DL it and try it. But i don't get many calls as is, so don't expect me to be able to test this fully anytime soon.

edit: can't post links yet..too few posts. remove (dot)'s

more info about it can be found here
    www(dot)i-softwarelabs(dot)com/_download/selectedProduct(dot)jsp

Thanks! Downloading now. I'll post up with what I find.

Ken
    02-22-09 05:17 PM
    Downloaded and installed ok but it's not working. Nothing pops up on the call screen. Also tried the pinpoint on maps and that didn't work either. Going to keep playing with it. If I don't get anywhere, I'm going to email them.
    02-22-09 05:25 PM
    i tried the OTA. And it DL'd fine but when i went to look up a number manually it said to DL all the files to it.

So i am trying to DL them now, but the Desktop Manager keeps freezing/not responding while trying to load all the apps on the phone now. Just stays there...never finishes. Trying a batt pull then will try again.

edit: locks up at
    Searching for Available Device Software
    Last edited by Legato Bluesummers; 02-22-09 at 05:41 PM.
    02-22-09 05:35 PM
    If you use YouMail, you can set it to text you the location of the phone number for missed calls and voicemail.

I realize this isn't exactly what you're requesting since it doesn't happen live and it requires you to use YouMail but I just thought I'd throw it out there for you.
    02-22-09 05:44 PM
    berry a code is the best but it doesnt work on the storm which really sucks maybe we need to get together and email the maker of berry a code and tell him to make a newer version for the storm and 8900 but honestly i havent tried it on my 8900
    02-22-09 06:46 PM
    berry a code is the best but it doesnt work on the storm which really sucks maybe we need to get together and email the maker of berry a code and tell him to make a newer version for the storm and 8900 but honestly i havent tried it on my 8900
    the reason why he stop working on it he was told to by the folks that own the patent. on verizon its cold city id and there the the same folks that own that patent. there have been alot tries ut no go becouse the folks go after everyone that trys to do it.
    02-22-09 07:10 PM
    I tried downloading this and it keeps freezing the application loader.
    02-22-09 07:38 PM
    i believe verizon has one called City-ID
    02-22-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD