I would like to have a ftp server on my storm and just ftp mp3s, videos, etc to my phone. Example, I was at work last night, didn't have my usb cable, and i wanted to rip a CD and get it on my phone, unfortunately I didn't have a way of getting it to my phone. FTP could have taken care of it. I could have started it and just let it take its time while I go on about my business.

Any one else?
    02-21-09 05:08 PM
    Without wifi on the storm I don't see this happening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 05:19 PM
    Why does wifi have anything to do with it? Ether way I agree but maybe something else might be better than ftp (easier).
    02-21-09 05:28 PM
    i would want it so bad its very very possible mabey not ftp but something very close
    02-21-09 06:21 PM
    I can't imagine this would be too terribly difficult to implement. It would be a nice option to have in the bag to get packets from point a to point b.

Any coders willing to jump in and give it a run?
    02-21-09 06:28 PM
    There must be a way of also bypassing the file size limit we see in 'email' - just look at "podtrapper" - I can download 125Mb+ video podcasts... but can't even email myself an MP3 at 5mb
    02-21-09 06:58 PM
    it would be ez for example you can download a 600mb+ file from the internet all you have to do is make a app the works like a torrent and uploads youre files on the internet displaying them before you upload though
    02-21-09 07:12 PM
    Can't Blackberry Unite! do this?
    02-21-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD