05-16-09 09:25 PM
69 123
tools
    recently my message about sure press about storm 2 was wrong so sorry my mistake and it was true press as I did edit it in my post recently so anyway if storm 2 was more like iphone touchscreen then maybe iphone will be push out even if iphone making new iphone in coming months
    05-15-09 10:00 PM
    Let's see...

A screen with big gaps allowing dust and other crap to get in there where paper is required behind the battery for proper function all while having the screen wobble from side to side and hard buttons that fall off when used too often. (That's right, that was all one sentence baby)

Or Storm 2.

Jeez, this is such a tough decision.
    That's about how I feel. I love the phone,but I would much rather have haptic feedback,and have it where the letter gets larger when you contact it ( like iphone,or LG Dare) so I can see what I'm typing.

Thankfully,I've come to really like suretype. I hated it at first,but once you use it for a while it becomes much easier.
    05-15-09 10:33 PM
    If they can make a screen feel like the sure press with some good feedback then I would consider it. They reason I bought a storm was because it was unique and has feedback. I had a regular touch screen before and will not go back. Hopefully RIM has something in mind with feedback.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 10:57 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/wha...ml#post2568627
    Last edited by matrix2004; 05-15-09 at 11:10 PM.
    05-15-09 10:59 PM
    superfan of the clicking screen. i have no dust issues. sure it wobbles a bit, but i dont care. it still is the coolest piece of technology out there. if they revise it with the click i will think of upgrading. otherwise, its riding my storm 1 until it dies. LONG LIVE THE CLICK !!!
    05-15-09 11:00 PM
    If they are taking away the click, they must seal the gaps around the screen. Those gaps drive me nuts.

05-15-09 11:02 PM
    one of the only reason i brought the storm is because of the click screen its different from any other touch screen and mines work perfect I don't like that stupid vibrate screen like the dare
    05-15-09 11:05 PM
    There has to be some kind of button action going on with that screen. I see gaps around the screen just like my current storm.

I have to agree also, I love the sure press. Great feature.
    the tour has gaps around the screen too and its not clickable
    05-15-09 11:11 PM
    No Surepress...

No sale
    05-15-09 11:14 PM
    I agree with alot of you. The surepress at first is rather annoying but after that it is great. The haptic feedback like the LG Dare among other phones is incredibly annoying. Think about it, if you get really quick at typing the phone will constantly vibrate. I have gotten that fast at typing on my Storm I don't know about you.
    05-15-09 11:18 PM
    I'm surprised nobody has started a thread on this, but both BGR and Engadget are reporting that the Storm 2 will not have a SurePress screen... let the mayhem begin...

BlackBerry Storm 2 dropping SurePress screen?

Verizonís upcoming BlackBerry releases: Tour, Pearl Flip, Atlas Storm 2 info : Boy Genius Report

^for the BGR link its the second point...
    If this is so I will NOT be upgrading
    05-15-09 11:20 PM
    Well, if they call it Truepress now, how can it not press? If it's just touch, why not call it Truetouch or some junk. If you're going to say "press" you're pressing something.

05-15-09 11:21 PM
    I wouldn't mind the kine of feedback I got on my lg venus. Maybe a slight vibration for feedback?

05-15-09 11:25 PM
    Well, if they call it Truepress now, how can it not press? If it's just touch, why not call it Truetouch or some junk. If you're going to say "press" you're pressing something.

Agreed. I think we will see a more refined version of SurePress where the click is more consistent across the screen and perhaps there is less travel in the screen too. I'm not going to worry about it too much at this point tough...we've got months before we see it!
    05-15-09 11:27 PM
    The way I look at it...

SurePress = Did it click? Wait, did it? No.. Crap, stupid screen isn't clicking. Are you "sure" you pressed it?

TruePress = Refined design... Did it press? Yep... ROCK!

05-15-09 11:33 PM
    now how can you say it will be so much better when none of us know anything about it? these are all assumptions in other words to assume(makes an *** out of u and me) it could still be laggy and slow and glitchy and everything else. look how long we've been waiting for an update for the first one...what will make this any different? i personally love the click and do NOT want to go to an iphone style, but yet who said this was like the iphone...theres no proof there is, just all assumptions. i think we all need to wait and see where this winding road to a "touch" screen blackberry takes us. my two cents...
    05-15-09 11:37 PM
    I agree with alot of you. The surepress at first is rather annoying but after that it is great. The haptic feedback like the LG Dare among other phones is incredibly annoying. Think about it, if you get really quick at typing the phone will constantly vibrate. I have gotten that fast at typing on my Storm I don't know about you.
    I never could get fast with it in landscape,but I've gotten pretty fast with it using suretype.My problem is I have very large fingers,and I can't see what I'm typing.Really,that's my problem and not the phones fault.

I don't care if they keep the click screen,but I wish they would have it to where the letter gets larger (above the fingernail)when you touch it,instead of the glow.

The bottom line is everyone has different taste,and it's impossible for the phone makers to please everyone.
    05-15-09 11:38 PM
    Could TruePress be some sort of electronic haptic feedback that gives out a little vibrate to simulate a button press?
    It would be cool if they could localize it with every button press so it feels like an actual keyboard.
    05-15-09 11:43 PM
    I never could get fast with it in landscape,but
    I don't care if they keep the click screen,but I wish they would have it to where the letter gets larger (above the fingernail)when you touch it,instead of the glow.
    well if you are good enough to type with just looking at the words your typing instead of the keys you wont have the problem, i personally type without looking at all, but yet im a heavy texter. you would be looking at the words so you would know when you make a mistake. showing the letter above the key doesnt help much...unless your gonna look at the letter everytime you key a single letter,slow! you type it and see what pops up, and if its wrong you still have to go back no matter what you do. see it or not, its a mistake and needs to be corrected.
    05-15-09 11:44 PM
    This might actually be a good idea. I mean i really enjoy the sure press screen but the dust under the screen drives me nuts and if this will fix that then i'd be happy
    05-15-09 11:48 PM
    does it matter wheather or not it has one?
    05-16-09 12:01 AM
    Let's see...

A screen with big gaps allowing dust and other crap to get in there where paper is required behind the battery for proper function all while having the screen wobble from side to side and hard buttons that fall off when used too often. (That's right, that was all one sentence baby)

Or Storm 2.

Jeez, this is such a tough decision.
    So you have paper behind your battery??? I do not either. Will you be getting the Storm 2?
    05-16-09 12:01 AM
    If that is the case ill be sticking with my original storm. I love this device. I've never had any problems with it and the surepress screen is bar none my favorite feature.

Hahaha my screen clicks bad so its my least favorite feature

05-16-09 12:10 AM
    I didn't like the original storm too much... Don't think this one will be too much better. I'm going to a curve.
    05-16-09 12:25 AM
    showing the letter above the key doesnt help much...unless your gonna look at the letter everytime you key a single letter,slow!
    It helps a lot when you have overly large thumbs and you've had one of them broke to the point where the bone was sticking out of the skin.I've lost a lot of feeling and control in that thumb,but that's just the way it is you have to adapt and it's no big deal to me.I love BB's and really like my Storm,and I don't expect BB to make special phones for people with large thumbs,and fingers that have been pinned back into place.

Yes,looking at each letter is slower without a doubt. I'm older and don't do a lot of texting,now my son is like you,he can destroy me when it comes to texting on any phone. Anyway,I like using suretype now because I can type with the phone in my left hand,and use my "good thumb."
    05-16-09 01:53 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD