hey guys i have a question...i have OS .132 but want to get .148 but someone said that theyre waiting for the fix for QL....what is QL? im not sure so id like to know beforehand.....also If i have problems with the headphone jack and want to report my phone stollen so i can get another one will i have to pay or do i get a free phone?????? well thanks hopefully i can get some useful info
    05-21-09 09:19 PM
    hey guys i have a question...i have OS .132 but want to get .148 but someone said that theyre waiting for the fix for QL....what is QL? im not sure so id like to know beforehand.....also If i have problems with the headphone jack and want to report my phone stollen so i can get another one will i have to pay or do i get a free phone?????? well thanks hopefully i can get some useful info
    QL = QuickLaunch (3rd party app that "quick launches" things on the phone... like a shortcuts menu)

I have to say... that would be insurance fraud. And no--the phone wouldn't be free. You would have to pay $50 to the insurance company.
    05-21-09 09:21 PM
    If you have problems with the headphone jack it will be covered under warranty. No need to be dishonest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 09:24 PM
    Quicklaunch is a third party app that allows access to apps etc.

Why would you report it stolen. Just get a valid replacement for the warranty issue no need for fraud. Yes you would also have to pay $50 dollars to perform the insurance fraud
    Last edited by bordercollie; 05-21-09 at 10:07 PM.
    05-21-09 09:24 PM
    It is nice to see that ethics wins again!!
    05-21-09 11:10 PM
    the verizon rep told to just say that i got my phone stolen what a turd i guess theyre unreliable after all he told me to report it stollen and its all good but hey if its covered whynot? thanks
    05-22-09 12:24 AM
    the verizon rep told to just say that i got my phone stolen what a turd i guess theyre unreliable after all he told me to report it stollen and its all good but hey if its covered whynot? thanks

really?? why not?? because it's against the law and you can go to jail (or have a huge fine... either way, its bad)... if its under warranty, just call customer service 800-922-0204.. they will ask a few stupid questions, and then send you a replacement for free! make sure you backup using DM because no matter what problem you may have, hardware or software, they will ALWAYS ask you to do a wipe...

good luck man, the honest way always works best... and in this case, its cheaper
    05-22-09 12:34 AM
    If this is what I think it is, then it happened to me and it's a quick fix. Straighten out a paper clip and wiggle it around inside the jack. You are looking to hit a switch. When you hit it , it will stop thinking there are headphones in there.

I heard this can happen if you use headphones other than what came with it. I used 3rd party headphones for a while that's when this happened. I've never had this issue using the standard issue ones.
    05-22-09 02:08 AM
    Ok ill give that a shot doubt it'll work but w/e.........I hope it stops acting up I really do t wanna even bother having it replaced

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD