Which one should I get?
    02-04-09 08:33 PM
    I had issues with Beamreader, it could have been me though.
    However I think Repligo looks very promising and nice. I downloaded the trial version of it and like it so far.

My friend has it and he really likes it. Also looks like the review from earlier today looks good and promising as well.

Not sure but if I find anything else out about either I will let you know what I find out. Right now I am leaning towards Repligo myself though. Unless I decide to Docs to Go Preminum :P probably not though.
    02-04-09 08:53 PM
    Both are charging for something that, IMO, should be a part of the OS. I'll continue to wait for a free reader. Don't usually pinch pennies, but in this case, I just don't feel good about being charged for this feature.
    02-04-09 08:59 PM
    +1 ltrtiger

I tried BeamReader and had big issues with it.

I'm not paying for something that ought be part of the OS.
    02-04-09 10:53 PM
    BeamReader = Repligo = lame. Go with Docs 2 Go, PDF To Go, premium ( $50 and change from DataViz). In this case, your really do get what you pay for. The baseline Storm came with Docs 2 Go, standard - I figured DataViz must have something on the ball since they were chosen to be on the first offering of Storm. I jazzed this pair up with File Manager Pro to handle zip files - all three seem to be working together very well.

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 02-04-09 at 11:13 PM.
    02-04-09 11:09 PM
    Actually, I have also licensed BeamReader, Repligo, and PDF to Go Premium and I found Repligo to be the better of the 3 for one reason: if you have ebooks in PDF format, it is the only one that will reformat the document to a single column to fit your screen (portrait or landscape). That made it a STELLAR ebook reader. Showing an absolutely accurate view of the entire page with text so small that you need a magnifying glass to read it, or having to constantly move the screen back and forth and up and down just seemed silly to me and a waste of time. My opinion, for what it is worth.
    02-04-09 11:19 PM
    My vote is also for repligo. The reformatting thing is awesome. I read a lot of journal articles and it makes the process so much easier. Nevee tried the docs to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 11:27 PM
    I read a lot of Ebooks so I purchased Repligo.

Mobipocket Reader is free to read ebooks however you require a Windows computer to convert your ebooks into the proprietary Mobipocket format.

I use a Mac so I convert my ebooks to PDF and read them with Repligo.

It ticks all the boxes for me, you can scroll with a finger on the touch screen, you can page down with on screen controls (which you can turn on and off to give you more screen space for the document), most importantly, it saves your position when you exit a PDF so the next time you open it you start reading again in the same place.

I have no complaints against the software, and it's not exactly a great deal of money for what is IMO, a vital application on any smartphone.
    02-05-09 02:21 AM
    Actually, I have also licensed BeamReader, Repligo, and PDF to Go Premium and I found Repligo to be the better of the 3 for one reason: if you have ebooks in PDF format, it is the only one that will reformat the document to a single column to fit your screen (portrait or landscape). That made it a STELLAR ebook reader. Showing an absolutely accurate view of the entire page with text so small that you need a magnifying glass to read it, or having to constantly move the screen back and forth and up and down just seemed silly to me and a waste of time. My opinion, for what it is worth.
    My vote is also for repligo. The reformatting thing is awesome. I read a lot of journal articles and it makes the process so much easier. Nevee tried the docs to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I read a lot of Ebooks so I purchased Repligo.

Mobipocket Reader is free to read ebooks however you require a Windows computer to convert your ebooks into the proprietary Mobipocket format.

I use a Mac so I convert my ebooks to PDF and read them with Repligo.

It ticks all the boxes for me, you can scroll with a finger on the touch screen, you can page down with on screen controls (which you can turn on and off to give you more screen space for the document), most importantly, it saves your position when you exit a PDF so the next time you open it you start reading again in the same place.

I have no complaints against the software, and it's not exactly a great deal of money for what is IMO, a vital application on any smartphone.

Great information I do like it and well think my decision would have been between Repligo and Docs to Go Prem but was leaning towards Repligo. I like what you had to say and some other thinking. Especially when one of you have used and actually have all 3 licensed.

Thanks for the information much appreciated.
    02-05-09 05:17 AM
    Great and helpful information, thank you guys!

I totally agree that it's shaming that PDF is not supported naively in the BlackBerry system, however, after trying Repligo, I think at least Repligo is worth 20 bucks.

In addition to handy functionalities mentioned above, like Reading View, Repligo also works faster than BeamReader does, based on my experience.
    02-05-09 10:45 AM
    The PDF reader that comes with Docs To Go Premium has a line in it's About screen saying portions are copyright Cerience. Cerience makes Repligo so I'm guessing DataViz is licencing it from them for their own use.

In PDF To Go you can turn on wordwrap to achieve this. Or am I misunderstanding you and you're talking about something different?

I would think if Cerience makes both Repligo and has a hand in the Docs To Go version that they might be giving a lite version for the Docs to Go, but I haven't seen a comparison of features to see if anything is in one and not the other.
    02-05-09 06:36 PM
    I am trying out repligo, but I have a problem maybe someone can help with.

At the end of the day, daily docs are emailed in pdf format.

When I open the email, if I click on the attachment, it opens with the native pdf reader, however, this app is terrible as I can't zoom and then pan a scroll, and it does not fit on the page.

Repligo opens the file nicely, I can zoom then pan and scroll.

However, to use repligo, i must first download and save the file. I don't want to do that. Is there some way that by clicking on the attachment, repligo will just open the file? If I can just open from email, it would be perfect for me! Thanks.
    02-05-09 10:12 PM
    I hope that I am wrong, but I don't believe there is a way to change the default 'viewer' for a file on the Blackberry platform. This would be drop-dead easy on other platforms, but I have no clue how you would do it on the Storm. Any of you experts out there know how to change the default app for a file type?
    02-06-09 01:32 PM
    Repligo reader, no contest!
    02-10-09 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD