I just received number 3 storm2. I ran bbsak loaded up lydricals newest hybrid, then i loaded all my apps. I turned on pandora and it loaded straight to the station list and it was full of stuff i have never seen. I went to look at what email it logged in and it was some random *** email. So i went to facebook and its some dude on there.
    I sent him a friend request with a message asking if he had a storm2 because now he has the android.

So my question is even with bbsak my stuff is still on there. And more, so when I take pics and they are sent to the memory card, is there anyway that info is still stored on the device seeing as thoe there is no real way to delete all the memory from the bb.
    03-11-10 01:28 PM
    I dont understand what you are asking.. If you want all of his information gone you need to have him release the PIN from vzw or call them and maybe they can do it (since it is a FRU) so his email still isnt linked. And if there is personal info on there then do a security wipe of the device and reload your information
    03-11-10 01:31 PM
    no, i have the phone up and running. my question is after wiping through bbsak and loading the hybrid why is his email address still stored in an app i had to download. And how much data can actually be retrieved by people who now what they are doing even if you wipe?

I have all my emails working properly before i dl pandora.
    03-11-10 01:34 PM
    Oh I see. Well go into your "e-mail setup" and check to see what other emails are linked to your device. If there are any in there that aren't yours then you should delete them. If you are still unsure about it then call vzw and make sure your PIN is free and only linked to you.

You shouldnt be worried about people pulling information from a replacement device, this is the first time I have ever heard of this being a problem. I dont really know why it logged you in to those apps though. Just ignore it I suppose
    03-11-10 01:41 PM
    Are you sure you wiped the device? It doesn't sound like it to me.
    03-11-10 02:23 PM
    Jeez :s

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 02:24 PM
    I would take it to a Verizon store and show it to them Let them order you another phone. I once got a Certified replacement from Nextel and not only did the phone have some other dudes address book still in tact it also had naked pictures of him still stored on the camera.. Always do s complete wipe of your old handset before returning it. Otherwise you never know who might get a hold of your wiener!
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-11-10 at 02:42 PM.
    03-11-10 02:30 PM
    it also had naked pictures of him still stored on the camera..
    That Su*ks, but it also super funny. Would have loved to see your face. You lucky it was a big 3+" HD Screen I guess.
    03-11-10 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD