Is it a hassle to go to the Verizon Store to replace you storm ? Should I do it on the phone or in person? When I had my iphone, they always replaced it with no resistance. Which route should I take?

Also does my OS have to be .75 before I even think about doing that? Or can it be on the Betas?
    Last edited by qdn79; 03-11-09 at 04:23 AM. Reason: forgot additional questions
    03-11-09 04:21 AM
    If your storm has something seriously wrong with it than you shouldn't have a problem (ie tons of dust under the screen or phone clearly not functioning correctly). Minor problems such as a dim screen will make it harder to exchange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 04:46 AM
    This is my third one in less then a month I have gotten no hesitation or had argue or anything for a new one. They just ask me what the problem is and before I finished telling them they pull out a new one and start activating it for me. Just make sure your gripe is legitimate.

03-11-09 05:10 AM
    in the store or over the phone? and do i need to be on the stock OS or can it be on the beta?
    03-11-09 05:32 AM
    I would put it back to .75 just to be safe although it appears from reading on here folks have returned them with and without a beta OS still on them and not had a problem....
    03-11-09 05:37 AM
    So they will replace it in the store?
    03-11-09 05:49 AM
    Yes the store will replace it as long as they are in stock

03-11-09 06:21 AM
    I believe they will replace it with a refurbished Storm, not a brand new Storm.

As of the OS, it is better to roll back to .75 to be on the safe side. Otherwise, it will be at their discretion whether they will honor the warranty or not. Technically, they can refuse because you installed yourself an unsupported OS. They probably won't but they can.
    03-11-09 06:50 AM
    I'm finding a bit of dust under my screen which seems to be steadily growing. I'm in Melbourne (Australia), anyone had a similar issue. Have only read of replacements from overseas, anyone had luck here??
    03-11-09 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD