So, i have been thinking about replacing my storm for an htc touch pro, but when i went to the HTC website to look at the phone, it is much nicer than what verizon offers. Any body know why verizon offers such a crappy version of it? am i looking at the wrong phone? I think there is a big difference between the 2.

If the answer is stupid due to my lack of research.. i apologize.

Thank you
    Okay, I waited months for the HTC touch pro. I love HTC phones, and I loved the phone for a couple of hours. I then began noticed HORRIBLE lag, rendering the phone almost useless at some points.. People complain about the accelerometer on the Storm, but the VZ Touch Pro accelerometer is CRAP. It is absolutely horrible, sometimes taking 10-15 seconds to render the new screen. Opera is good, but laggy on the VZ Touch Pro. EVERYTHING ALWAYS LAGS.

Toucflo 3D is great, but unforunately VZ made it so that TouchFlo becomes the death of the phone. Expect 80-90% of CPU usage just for running touch flo.

I had the phone for 2 weeks and then bought a Storm. I LOVE the Storm. It lags once in a while, but NOTHING compared to the Touch Pro.

Btw, I've also owned a HTC Touch (and liked it), and it is waaayyyyyy faster than the Touch Pro. That is very, very sad.

The Storm will only get better with more and more software updates. The Touch Pro...who know when and if any updates will ever happen?

To grade the phones:

Speed: Storm 8/10, Touch Pro 4/10

User Interface: Storm 8/10, Touch Pro 5/10 (would be a 8.5/10 if it ran like the Sprint or At&T TP's)

Typing: Storm 8/10 (you eventually get used to it, and can type quickly!),
    Touch Pro 5.5/10 (the accelerometer lag literally takes 10 seconds to begin typing, so theoretically the Storm ends up much faster for sending texts and shirt emails. Without the horrid lag, i'd give the keyboard a 9/10)

Browser: Storm 5/10 (SO SLOW!!!) Touch Pro 8/10 (Opera Mobile isn't perfect, but is a great web browser)

Average Battery Pulls/Resets: Storm averages out to maybe once every 1.5 days. The Touch Pro would be twice a day.

Call Quality: Storm: 9/10, Touch Pro 6/10

Overall: Storm 9/10, VZ Touch Pro 5.5/10

In my opinion the lag and "disabled" memory of the Touch Pro makes it an almost unusable device. The Storm wins hands down, and is the best phone on the Verizon network.

And now thinking about it, Opera is faster on the Storm than on the Touch Pro, so the Storm is literally the hands down winner. When the Storm gets an optimized version of Opera and/or Firefox it will be an almost perfect smartphone compared to the Touch Pro.
    01-09-09 03:29 AM
    So, i have been thinking about replacing my storm for an htc touch pro, but when i went to the HTC website to look at the phone, it is much nicer than what verizon offers. Any body know why verizon offers such a crappy version of it? am i looking at the wrong phone? I think there is a big difference between the 2.

If the answer is stupid due to my lack of research.. i apologize.

Thank you
    The HTC Touch Pro for Verizon looks different from the one HTC makes for Sprint and the one that is shown. The Sprint version has a Chrome edge and has slightly rounded edges. The Verizon is straight black with square edges. The sweet thing about Winmo products is the vast number of applications, free and fee, that extends their usefulness. The Verizon version of the Touch Pro is a slightly crippled version of other Touch Pros, having a smaller processor and less memory. But there are modifications you can do to get around these shortcomings, including flashing cooked Rom to the device (is reversible, but if you ruin the phone it invalidates the warranty).

I can't post a url, but you can see my phone at mytouchpro.blogspot.com and leave a comment if you like.
    01-09-09 07:53 AM
    Well im definitely not getting that shi##y verizon htc touch pro... maybe ill stick to the storm.... but then when they work out all the bugs on the storm BAM!! they'll release the Storm II lol....., who knows.... but again thank you very much for the opinions.
    01-09-09 11:47 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD