How is it that you guys are taking files from others OSs like .86 and .75 and using them in OSs like .109 and .103.

Can someone give me instructions on how to do this, or point me in the right direction??

oh yea im running .99 if that matters, still freezes and still lags.
    03-01-09 07:23 PM
    You can easily brick your device doing this, if you dont have experience doing it I would recommend against it.
    03-01-09 07:24 PM
    You can easily brick your device doing this, if you dont have experience doing it I would recommend against it.

Absolutely agree!
    03-01-09 08:16 PM
    I'm with the majority on this...
    03-01-09 08:18 PM
    From what I have read from some of the moderators it actually is more of the placebo effect than anything else. Which I think makes perfect sense. Think about it, would you swap the files for control panel on Windows 2000 into Windows XP and expect it to work, let alone improve performance? I have no idea how the architecture of the OS is written, but how could something so complicated with issues so erratic be solved by simply copying and pasting files, such as the radio file, into a new build? If it was that simple don't you think RIM would be doing the same thing and would have busted out a flawless OS already?
    03-01-09 08:23 PM
    From what I have read from some of the moderators it actually is more of the placebo effect than anything else. Which I think makes perfect sense. Think about it, would you swap the files for control panel on Windows 2000 into Windows XP and expect it to work, let alone improve performance? I have no idea how the architecture of the OS is written, but how could something so complicated with issues so erratic be solved by simply copying and pasting files, such as the radio file, into a new build? If it was that simple don't you think RIM would be doing the same thing and would have busted out a flawless OS already?
    I think these hybrids are born out of the impatience of a few, fueled by the hope of the many...
    03-01-09 08:41 PM
    I would tend to agree.
    03-01-09 08:46 PM
    Not worth the debate......
    Last edited by bbcrackman; 03-01-09 at 09:39 PM.
    03-01-09 08:58 PM
    Hahaha No, placebo effect or not, it works isn't accurate. It either worked, which I have no clue since I never tried it, or the placebo effect took place. If the placebo effect was the result of what you think is better performance, than it is simply "perceived". The placebo effect is a matter of your brain tricking you into thinking a difference took place. It is no different than taking a sugar pill and claiming your illness went away. Once again, I have no idea, but many moderators and testers who are in the .120's at this point and work with BB's and their OS's for a living say that swapping files simply isn't as simple as it seems and produces no real results.
    03-01-09 09:15 PM
    Hahaha No, placebo effect or not, it works isn't accurate. It either worked, which I have no clue since I never tried it, or the placebo effect took place. If the placebo effect was the result of what you think is better performance, than it is simply "perceived". The placebo effect is a matter of your brain tricking you into thinking a difference took place. It is no different than taking a sugar pill and claiming your illness went away. Once again, I have no idea, but many moderators and testers who are in the .120's at this point and work with BB's and their OS's for a living say that swapping files simply isn't as simple as it seems and produces no real results.
    And work it does, if you were using the same OS one from a 9500 and one from a 9530 then yes there would be now difference. But your are using a newer release with an older platform so yes it will show improvement. PM Sith or C_X if you would like an answer, like I said if I am wrong I will stand corrected
    Not worth the debate ....moot point
    We are well past this, you are entitled to your opinions
    Last edited by bbcrackman; 03-01-09 at 09:49 PM.
    03-01-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD