I run official .328.

So here is the deal. This is my 2nd replacement in the last 30 days. The first one was having wake up problems so I received the one on your left.

The Storm on the left had some wake up issues, charging issues (errors like, "this charger is not authorized," it happened with the USB cable, charger, car charger and charger from the Tour), camera errors and finally to top it off an exception error in the middle of a phone call that made the phone go nuts, white screens, reboots you name it. The Storm I had before these two had screen wake up issues after completing a call. It would go black and only a battery pull could bring it back. Nothing worked, wipes, reloads nothing.

Here is the deal since the Storm is basically junk I don't run much on it that does not come loaded. The only third party I run is Slacker. I heard there were problems with the camera and Slacker, but the Storm I had before the two in the picture did not have that same problem.

Needless to say this is my 4th Storm since my first purchase Dec 2008. What I found interesting with this "Certified like new" is the little black foam sticker under the battery. I have never seen this before and it leads me to believe that this is RIM's solution to those with screen press problems that people had to stuff paper and business cards around their battery.

Either that or it serves some other purpose, but regardless RIM must be proud that they spent a penny on a ton of foam stickers to fix their phone.

Here is a picture so you can see it.

Attachment 50221

Anyone think that foam sticker serves any purpose other than what I presented above? I would love to hear it.
    12-31-09 02:20 PM
    Yes I had just received my 2nd replacement in 30 days and I also have the black foam sticker also. Yes it is a quick fix for the screen click it does help but I wonder how long it will keep up for

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 08:02 AM
    Still have my original Storm 1 and it works fine, so I haven't seen this foam.
    01-01-10 10:03 AM
    i got the foam and thought they left it their from the last user. I guess it helps, but its a cheap fix for a company like Verizon
    01-01-10 10:56 AM
    my storm has that exact same thing! mine was a replacement that i got about a month ago.
    01-01-10 12:09 PM
    Yes its there to enhance the click.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 12:37 PM
    The reasons why people will put business cards, pieces of paper and what I have done, is a guitar pick under the battery is to help the click towards the corners and at the bottom of the screen. My storm would have a hard time clicking the space key. I got on the forums and found a solution and the click is much better all around. Its basically taking more travel for the whole screen out because the whole display in the back will give some when pressed.
    01-01-10 01:38 PM
    i got the foam and thought they left it their from the last user. I guess it helps, but its a cheap fix for a company like Verizon
    I am not sure if it is Verizon or RIM. Since RIM carriers the warranty, Verizon does not. Either way both companies screwed people on the poor quality of this device. I only hope this thing lasts long enough for something better to hit the market or I'm screwed. I am holding out, but will most likely never buy a BlackBerry again. The Storm and Tour have been disasters and RIM's lack of quality and improvements to the OS are sheer disappointments.

All phones have problems, but RIM is just not worth it.
    01-01-10 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD