I need a little advice, I recently called vzw and got a replacement device sent to me as my touchscreen seems to be going out and doesn't always want to work right.

I figure hey it's still in warranty might as well use it seeing as I have a launch S2

well I get the new one in the mail today and I'm not entirely sure if I should accept it.

the bottom of the screen is raised a little from the rest of the device I can see the lights under the screen etc etc my current storm is completely flush.

So should I accept the new device or send it back

here is a picture

thanks for the advice
    07-27-10 10:20 PM
    Send it back till u get a perfect one. Cracking the digitizer will be like \owj\hpf

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 10:41 PM
    i would call VZW and tell them you recieved a damaged device...im not sure about them but at T-Mo we have a spacific policie for just such an occasion like yours and you will be able to keep the phone that works the best untill u recieve your
    2nd replacement
    07-27-10 10:47 PM
    sounds like a plan, thanks guys
    07-27-10 10:49 PM
    The Storm 1 & Storm 2 are phones that, in my experience, often have these little defects. I rarely come across a storm that looks the same or is put together similarly to another storm.

If it were another phone I'd say send it back, but being a storm, I'd live with it and thank god it didn't come with even more problems than the first one.
    07-28-10 11:04 AM
    Mine has been a bit jeckle and hyde lately (bottom buttons hard to press or presses several times in a row) and I'm almost to the point of asking for a replacement. Can you tell if your replacement was the 'new' hardware revision that was posted everywhere back in March? If so, how is typing, mine sounds like an old timey typewriter when it's really quiet around.
    07-29-10 01:53 PM
    The Storm 1 & Storm 2 are phones that, in my experience, often have these little defects. I rarely come across a storm that looks the same or is put together similarly to another storm.

If it were another phone I'd say send it back, but being a storm, I'd live with it and thank god it didn't come with even more problems than the first one.
    I definitely agree! Thats not to say you shouldnt send it back. But its good to know that there are many different types of accembly defects when it comes to this model.... strangely enough.

I've had 2 replacements and all 3 phones were drastically different. I also have 2 friends who have storms and now my dad just entered the pool and every phone has had something unique about it that was either good, bad, or just different. Most of the differences were in the clicking, but overall, there are still lots of things different from each device.... from lifted or crooked screens, to firmness variations of the click, and some things behind that battery cover that are constructed differently on certain devices.
    07-30-10 07:26 AM
    Does it work? If it works well, why send it back? You might get one that doesn't work well and is cosmetically perfect.

and they wonder why our services cost so much!
    07-30-10 08:53 AM
    my best friend also has a storm and it cracks me up watching him use it i think his acceleromiter(i am very bad at spelling sorry) is busted becasue when ever he flips his phone from landscape to portrait or vice versa he has to shake it once is fliped to get the screen to flip but it looks like hes trying to shake a baby or somthing its awalys been really funny but hes lived with it for like a year now
    07-30-10 09:50 PM
    No, that is not normal at all. Actually looks like the phone was dropped on it's face and the screen popped out a bit at the bottom. You can clearly see that it is flush with the bezel at the lower part and it's not supposed to be. Mine has some very minor misalignments which I would consider normal and reasonable, but what you got is a damaged phone.
    07-31-10 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD