1. phonefiend's Avatar
    I'm on a family plan with my parents who live in a different state. I am trying to get a replacement Storm because of various issues and when I called up tech support they couldn't do anything without the account holder (my dad) on the phone. Has anyone who is not the account holder on a family plan managed to get their Storm replaced in this situation? Would actually going to a Verizon store make it any easier?

    01-26-09 09:55 PM
  2. Jared DiPane's Avatar
    Have your dad call and add you as an authorized signer on the account. It will require you to create a password for the account, but allow you to do things such as get replacement phones. Its a simple phone call just have your dad make the quick call.

    He calls 611 from his Verizon phone or 1 800 922 0204 from a landline phone.

    Hope this helps!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 10:00 PM
  3. n87's Avatar
    I believe, that's the only way you can make any changes to the account, including exchanging the phone. Now, you can contact your dad and have him add you as an authorized person on the account.
    01-26-09 10:00 PM
  4. terrain's Avatar
    The store will need to verify with the account holder as well. See if your Dad will add you to the "auth users" on the acct. If not he will need to call tech and work the return.
    01-26-09 10:01 PM
  5. phonefiend's Avatar
    Thanks guys, this is exactly what I wanted to know.
    01-26-09 10:13 PM
  6. zazzified's Avatar
    Yep, you just need to be an authorized user. My dad is the account holder and I'm across the country but an authorized user, and I call and mess with our account all the time. I just have a "password" that I have to verbally say to them to confirm who I am.
    01-26-09 10:14 PM