So i have a replacement storm coming to me today due to the overwhelming amounts of dust behind my screen. And verizon was kind enough to send me a new one.

So with this being said, I want to take in some ideas/feedback on how what I should do and not do with my "new" storm.

1. Should I put .99 on it? and should I do a complete wipe before I do?
    2. how should I carry this new device? holster, silcone cover, etc..?
    3. Any other recommendations on what I should do?

Thanks
    02-09-09 11:22 AM
    Sith released a hybrid OS that many are testing out. It is .100. you may want to check out that tread and see if you want to go that route. I will be getting a Innocase II with holster for my Storm for protection purposes, but this will not address any future dust issues. Hopefully the replacement is sealed better. Good luck!
    02-09-09 12:09 PM
    So i have a replacement storm coming to me today due to the overwhelming amounts of dust behind my screen.
    May I ask how old your original Storm was? (I'm trying to figure out if the physical build quality of these things has improved since their debut.)

Thanks.
    02-09-09 12:21 PM
    one of the early models..... this new replacement does show different prd number on the back. but it still made in canada
    02-09-09 12:26 PM
    I just got my second Storm last week. I returned the first one for dust also. The replacement is a new one, made in Mexico on Jan. 6th. The replacement is already getting dust under the screen in both upper corners. I will do this every two weeks for the next two years if I have to, this is a rediculous flaw in design. I work behind a desk now and hae for the last 8 months, if i were in my previous job in the feild, this phone wouldn't last for a week. I would like to know what people that work outdoors are doing to keep the dust from getting under the screen.
    02-09-09 12:36 PM
    i got mine last week, made in mexico, finally able to install .99 and working flawlessly !! to answer OP

1. Should I put .99 on it? and should I do a complete wipe before I do?
    Well I tried WIPE my replacement 2x and didn't work in my OFFICE computer, so I tried it again at HOME by installing the .75 first then install the .99 and it's been works pretty well. the battery is a lot better in my experience.

2. how should I carry this new device? holster, silcone cover, etc..?
    Holster FTW IMHO. I had silicone cover, ehh....don't like it that much.

3. Any other recommendations on what I should do?
    Be patience, don't BRICK your replacement Try on different computers if one doesn't work.
    02-09-09 12:44 PM
    I had the same problem and they replaced my Storm with a new one as well. I bought my original on the day it released. My new one doesn't have nay dust under the screen issues. Much better.

I don't think wiping would be necessary, I think it's just preference.
    Without a history in the phone, it's probably not necessary...
    02-09-09 12:49 PM
    Do you guys actually SEE dust collecting or are you assuming it's causing screen issues? Is the screen pretty loose as well. I would think tightening it would help.

B
    02-09-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD