Hi there!
    I have a bb storm 2.
    My screen was cracked so i bought a new one on ebay. A LCD+Digitizer. tought it would be better than a lcd alone.
    So i've disassembled the phone according to this video.
    I took the metal backplate from the old screen and just attached it to the new one. with nothing between it.
    Then is assembled the unit.
    When i turn on the phone i have a image, but!
    The screen doesn't respond to my finger. I can't click. Nothing. So when asked for my pin i can do nothing. Please help me.! I'm addicted to my bb!
    greets!
    Karan
    (from holland so sorry for my bad english)!
    06-16-10 04:05 PM
    Hi there!
    I have a bb storm 2.
    My screen was cracked so i bought a new one on ebay. A LCD+Digitizer. tought it would be better than a lcd alone.
    So i've disassembled the phone according to this video.
    I took the metal backplate from the old screen and just attached it to the new one. with nothing between it.
    Then is assembled the unit.
    When i turn on the phone i have a image, but!
    The screen doesn't respond to my finger. I can't click. Nothing. So when asked for my pin i can do nothing. Please help me.! I'm addicted to my bb!
    greets!
    Karan
    (from holland so sorry for my bad english)!
    Your English is better than half the people in Britain and the US, lol. The only thought I have is that maybe the screen and digitizer are not "floating" correctly, if you get my meaning. Also since it's not recognizing your finger, you'd better double check all the connections inside.

I'd be too afraid to do this myself anyway, but read with interest anyone who takes this on.
    06-16-10 04:18 PM
    Haha, thanks!
    I don't get it really. how do i fix this floating problem? And where do i have to check te connections? between the glass and digitizer or on de Printed Circuit Board or something?
    Thanks!
    06-16-10 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD