Ok so My earpiece has started sounding very scratchy like a blown speaker whenever I'm on a call. So it makes my calls hard to understand.

A few days after I started noticing my earpiece my phone slid off my lap onto concrete and the bottom corner near the send button got cracked and it spidered a lttle but its not very noticable and it does not affect the function of the phone.

So do you think Verizon will still allow me to get a replacement since the earpiece was messed up before I dropped the phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 11:34 AM
    we can't speak for verizon. take it in and see what they'll do for you.
    06-01-10 11:41 AM
    If you have insurance, just file it with them. If you try to go through Verizon themselves, it's really probably going to depend on the particular rep who helps you. Some may be willing to help you out; others may say that all the damage occurred when you dropped it. You would really have to go to the store as stated above, and speak to one of the reps.

If you have insurance though, you should definitely try that option first. That's why people pay for it, so if you've got it, use it!
    06-01-10 12:31 PM
    If you have insurance, just file it with them. If you try to go through Verizon themselves, it's really probably going to depend on the particular rep who helps you. Some may be willing to help you out; others may say that all the damage occurred when you dropped it. You would really have to go to the store as stated above, and speak to one of the reps.

If you have insurance though, you should definitely try that option first. That's why people pay for it, so if you've got it, use it!
    wrong! Insurance replacements come with a hefty fee. that's the LAST resort.
    06-01-10 12:44 PM
    Agreed Dave. Check the excess on the policy first. If you can get it free from the store, do this first.
    06-01-10 01:13 PM
    wrong! Insurance replacements come with a hefty fee. that's the LAST resort.
    I don't think $89 is very hefty for a replacement phone like the S2, personally...but that's just my opinion. I'd rather have a phone that works properly, even if I do have to fork out a little cash to get it. Per my Asurion brochure, it's $89 and allows 2 claims in a 12-month period.
    Last edited by stang.girl; 06-01-10 at 02:39 PM.
    06-01-10 02:35 PM
    I don't think $89 is very hefty for a replacement phone like the S2, personally...but that's just my opinion. I'd rather have a phone that works properly, even if I do have to fork out a little cash to get it. Per my Asurion brochure, it's $89 and allows 2 claims in a 12-month period.
    free is even better, and free is what they would get if Verizon replaces the phone.
    06-01-10 03:05 PM
    free is even better, and free is what they would get if Verizon replaces the phone.
    I agree with that, but what will happen is anyone's guess, until the OP actually goes to Verizon and speaks with someone. I simply offered another option, because there is always the possibility that VZW will not offer up a free replacement. $89 is definitely cheaper than full retail, and free is great...but it's all up to the particular rep that the OP gets to deal with. How long the OP has had the phone will probably factor in a bit as well. But regardless, I am merely speaking from personal experience with our local VZW store; not saying it works that way everywhere by any means.
    Last edited by stang.girl; 06-01-10 at 03:26 PM.
    06-01-10 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD