I know everyone has already ranted about the problem of dust under the screen for Storms.
    I've seen many people post under the rants about the dust under their screen, and others have said they've gotten replacements due to dust under the screen.
    I've also seen dust under the screen on my Storm, but I figured I could live with a little bit, and I ignored it for a little while.
    But it's gotten to a point where I simply can't ignore it.
    I've had my storm since Dec. 2 or maybe Dec. 3, I can't remember the exact date, around that time though.
    So I'm wondering if I can replace my storm, and if I can, should I?
    If anyone could let me know and give me their opinion it would be appreciated
    Thanks.
    02-19-09 05:01 PM
    For dust it seems to be a matter of who you get when you try and replace it. And while I would NEVER condone insurance fraud, if you put the insurance on the phone, should it ACCIDENTALLY fall under the car wheel as you're backing out of the driveway or equally ACCIDENTALLY take a nasty tumble, and you're willing to swallow the $50 deductible...
    02-19-09 05:09 PM
    Thanks for the info
    02-19-09 05:16 PM
    I am in the exact same boat. Got my 1st replacement phone on the 5th of Dec. (original phone didnt recognize touch) and just noticed more dust than I am willing to accept.
    I didn't figure that they would replace my phone for that, so I am really hoping that something else goes wrong with it.
    02-19-09 06:19 PM
    I had 0 issues getting a replacement for dust. Now, when I say dust, I mean I had some MAJOR dust. Viewing the Calender app by the month, I couldn't clearly see my reminders & events since they are only noted with a small dot. I told the customer service rep the dust was ruining this app for me since I couldn't distinguish between specs of dust and actual events on the calender. I also said I didn't believe the screen was sealed properly since it had gotten so bad. He said it sounded like I had a faulty phone and that it would be covered under warranty. Shipped one out to me the next day and this FRU has been great. It actually runs smoother than my old phone(Word Mole on the old phone would lag during the bonus stages). I will add that I have taken safety measures to curb the dust build up on this one. So far, so good
    02-19-09 06:28 PM
    What safety measures?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 07:27 PM
    What safety measures?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I did what this guy did in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/dus...en-fix-119968/
    02-19-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD