Just received my insurance replacement from asurion. I was scared of getting a refurb, but as soon as I opened up that cardboard box and saw the original blackberry box still sealed, that made my day. I looked at the box and then the back of the phone and couldn't help but notice, it was made in Hungary. All I've heard was of them being made in Canada, and Mexico. Hungary's a first. Just wondering if anyone else, came across one of these. Haven't had any time to mess with it, being that its charging, but Ill keep everyone updated on how this one holds up.
    02-26-09 05:42 PM
    I think you were sent a TV dinner.
    02-26-09 05:52 PM
    Interesting. First I've heard of the Storm being made there. How's the build quality?
    02-26-09 06:09 PM
    I received my Asurion insurance replacement phone today too. Also a brand new Storm with all the accessories (including another 8gb card). Also made in Hungary!

I have not had to do the screw adjustment to the screen as I did with my other one. It's responsive and clicks well, etc. The only thing I don't like about it is that it has the "less vibrant" color screen. My other one (made in Mexico) has a VERY clear, crisp, and VERY BRIGHT color scheme. I put both phones side by side with the exact same brightness settings for the screen (30), and the new one looks MUCH dimmer than the old one. It's a very big difference. I guess I'll get used to it, but I sure don't like it as well.

Other than that, I'm not seeing much difference.

@BerryNecessary; are you seeing any difference in screen vibrance on your Hungary model?
    02-26-09 06:40 PM
    That's strange, I haven't heard of any 9530's being made in Hungary, but I'm pretty sure that Hungary was a build site for the 9500...
    02-26-09 06:42 PM
    yea, i noticed the screen click was better. Like i said, im still charging the phone so I can get the most out of the battery. I'm guessing this whole Hungary thing is prob we have so many defectives and the build is horrible, europes builds & qc is better and they have less claims, that theyre prob just throwing the US os on them and shipping them to us since they have no need for so many replacement units....just a guess.
    02-26-09 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD